Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Wasnt Nemesis in either Superman or Action recently?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Wasnt Nemesis in either Superman or Action recently?
    Yes, in a flashback.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, in a flashback.
    Ahhh ok. I thought that would have been a pretty big slip up.

Nemesis's whole shtick is faking his own death.
    Sure but think about it from the pov of this being an event that anyone can just pick up. Nemesis hasn't had anything established about him or that he tends to "die" a lot. It would just be strange that suddenly that is in the forefront for the final issue.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Sure but think about it from the pov of this being an event that anyone can just pick up. Nemesis hasn't had anything established about him or that he tends to "die" a lot. It would just be strange that suddenly that is in the forefront for the final issue.
    While it's not an impossibility, laying out yet another curve ball that Nemesis was behind would be quite a bit to pack into a final issue. Even if that was the only thing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While it's not an impossibility, laying out yet another curve ball that Nemesis was behind would be quite a bit to pack into a final issue. Even if that was the only thing in it.
    Not saying it's impossible, just that it would be poor storytelling. Curveballs and twists still need some sort of set up and follow some line of logic. If Wonder Woman was revealed to be the murderer in the end would that twist be good? No of course not because she has had barely any involvement in the story, twists and subversions don't work that way.

The whole point of this thread is to speculate and try to solve the mystery as it goes on. I'm just trying to say speculate responsibly if that makes any sense. Nemesis has 1 panel on last page of issue 3, 1 panel last page of issue 6, 1 small background image repeat of issue 3 where Wally is running really fast and Nemesis' death on the spread with everyone else. That is a total of 4 panels out of however many pages makes up these 8 issues so far. There's reaching and then there's this.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Nemesis really isn't that complicated a character to explain. He's the Ethan Hunt of the DCU. He's a superspy who can impersonate anyone and he's worked with Batman, the Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Spyral, and Checkmate. That's all you need to know in one sentence. Once readers know that, there's plenty of space to explain his role with whatever went down at Sanctuary.

Nemesis really isn't that complicated a character to explain. He's the Ethan Hunt of the DCU. He's a superspy who can impersonate anyone and he's worked with Batman, the Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Spyral, and Checkmate. That's all you need to know in one sentence. Once readers know that, there's plenty of space to explain his role with whatever went down at Sanctuary.
    I'm not saying he is hard to explain. JUST that he hasn't been explained or set-up in HiC. I could just as likely say that Hot Spot, Gnarrk, or Arsenal (who was also a spy) could be behind it in some way.

I didn't know who Nemesis was until I read this thread. He only looked familiar because I've seen him (or someone who looks like him) in JLU. I think it is possible he could be involved, but I agree that it hasn't really been set up and the final issue would (I assume) also have to wrap up Ted, Barbara, Booster, and Harley's parts in all this as well as the Trinity's.

But, say Nemesis is involved, what kind of motive would he have? And I wonder how and if his involvement could bring the story (and its messages) to some kind of conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I didn't know who Nemesis was until I read this thread. He only looked familiar because I've seen him (or someone who looks like him) in JLU. I think it is possible he could be involved, but I agree that it hasn't really been set up and the final issue would (I assume) also have to wrap up Ted, Barbara, Booster, and Harley's parts in all this as well as the Trinity's.

But, say Nemesis is involved, what kind of motive would he have? And I wonder how and if his involvement could bring the story (and its messages) to some kind of conclusion.
    No motives have been established.

No motives have been established.
    I'm aware of that. I was speaking more in a hypothetical sense. If he was involved, what would his reasoning be? That kind of thing.

I'm not saying he is hard to explain. JUST that he hasn't been explained or set-up in HiC. I could just as likely say that Hot Spot, Gnarrk, or Arsenal (who was also a spy) could be behind it in some way.
    None of those people are a master of disguise and misdirection, which could easily come into play in a murder mystery in which both King & Gerads have said there's more going on than meets the eye.

The only set up required for a reveal like that is having him appear as the cliffhanger at the end of a issue with no follow up saying something cryptic and menacing, which is exactly what they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I'm aware of that. I was speaking more in a hypothetical sense. If he was involved, what would his reasoning be? That kind of thing.
    Well, he's had only one line so far.

"Nemesis. Just that. I got a week behind me."

Nemesis means vengeance, unless I'm mistaken. I would guess that would play into his motives.

It's also worth noting that it is entirely possible that Nemesis is a red herring and there's nothing more to this than a hero screwing up and making things worse trying to fix it, but I don't think that is the case.

And, hey, if I'm wrong, you'll see it under my name for 30 days.

But, if I'm right. There will be gloating.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 04-30-2019 at 12:15 AM.

It's also worth noting that it is entirely possible that Nemesis is a red herring and there's nothing more to this than a hero screwing up and making things worse trying to fix it, but I don't think that is the case.

And, hey, if I'm wrong, you'll see it under my name for 30 days.

But, if I'm right. There will be gloating.
    And if you’re wrong there will also be gloating
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe