Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

? The title literally says spoilers ahoy. Why wouldn't posting spoilers be allowed? And I don't see any creator bashing in it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The JSA currently exist in a nebulous state of having some of their foundations erased by Dr. Manhattan, but certain aspects of it still surviving. At the moment, everything is in a state of flux thanks to that tampering, leaving history broken.

Short answer: No, but he'll possibly be back once Doomsday Clock resolves the JSA/LSH stuff.
    This is the best way to resolve the conflicting canon. Some things still exist even if it doesn't make any sense. I mean, Michael Holt only became Mr. Terrific because the Spectre told him about the original 1940's superhero from the JSA, but if we're saying the JSA never existed then how does it work? Don't think about it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    ? The title literally says spoilers ahoy. Why wouldn't posting spoilers be allowed? And I don't see any creator bashing in it.
    I'm confused who you are talking to here. Yes, spoilers for any published issue are allowed here. Creator bashing is definitely a no-no, although you can certainly cricitize elements of the story as long as you have actually read it.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In a "Murder Mystery..." thread where we have been trying to keep it from being about beating up the creative team, everything in blue is something we've politely asked folks to avoid.
    Maybe. But I for one never even liked Wally as the Flash, and when I read this even I hit the ceiling. So now the Speed Force is psychosis inducing? Tell me you can honestly say this doesn't make you furious. It doesn't just invite negative commentary. It demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    Maybe. But I for one never even liked Wally as the Flash, and when I read this even I hit the ceiling. So now the Speed Force is psychosis inducing? Tell me you can honestly say this doesn't make you furious. It doesn't just invite negative commentary. It demands it.
    Politely, there are threads where said commentary is perfectly acceptable.

This thread is not it. It's a thread that was started to leave that exact sort of commentary out of the equation.

Not saying it has zero validity, just saying that it's place is not in this thread.

Astonishing Member

I do wonder the point of the thread here, though. There is no mystery anymore. We got the big reveal. We got who, why, when, how and where. There's a piece of info missing but that's entirely unrelated to the murder mystery. I guess retrospect to try to suss out clues no one got even though everyone knew who the killer was since before the comic came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I do wonder the point of the thread here, though. There is no mystery anymore. We got the big reveal. We got who, why, when, how and where. There's a piece of info missing but that's entirely unrelated to the murder mystery. I guess retrospect to try to suss out clues no one got even though everyone knew who the killer was since before the comic came out?
    King & Gerads have both said there's more to the story than was revealed in the most recent issue, so the murder mystery is still definitely in play. There's also the long tradition of many murder mysteries having last minute fake outs, so it's entirely possible the who, why, when, how, and where may not be as accurate as we've been led to believe.

One thing for sure is we're definitely not going to be able to accurately judge this story as a murder mystery or as a narrative until we see what it looks like a complete tale. If the final issue doesn't resolve Wally's culpability in the deaths at Sanctuary in a satisfying way and offer some reasonable explanation for his actions, the entire series will be viewed as a creative disaster that soured a great many fans on DC. However, if it manages to pull it off, I think this story could be remembered as something special.

I know I wasn't particularly sold on it until the issue that finally focused on Wally and all he'd lost. His journey and the murder mystery angle were the two things that have made all the misery and sadness inherent to this story bearable for me. Otherwise, I would have dropped it because I don't generally care for stories this dark. We'll see if it was all worth it on May 22nd...and whether I'll be forced to wear the mark of shame upon my profile for 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    Nobody is saying you can't be upset or can't express your frustrations about this story or anything else DC is doing you don't like. There's at least five other threads on this very forum where you can do that. However, we're trying to make this thread more focused on the plot mechanics and whodunit elements of the story, so we aren't bogged down by the usual fanboy outrage, insults and creator bashing that Heroes in Crisis has unfortunately fostered.

If you hate Heroes in Crisis with all of your being, you can certain do that, but we have politely and respectfully asked on numerous occasions for people to not do that on this particular thread. Again, it doesn't mean you can't be critical of the story here, but we'd like to leave the hate, mud slinging and venom to the other threads.

Does that sound reasonable enough?

Fantastic Member

It's a strange beast 'Heroes in Crisis.' Hoping for a big twist at the end as saddened by what has been done to Wally. Seems such a strange decision to do to a beloved character?

Fantastic Member

I would like to represent Wally, think I could get him off on 'manslaughter' and....oh' hang on, he's dead. Case dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    It's a strange beast 'Heroes in Crisis.' Hoping for a big twist at the end as saddened by what has been done to Wally. Seems such a strange decision to do to a beloved character?
    Which is why I am so certain that there's more to this than meets the eye. King and Gerads love Wally. Gerads even named his son Jai in honor of Wally. He wouldn't be a part of something that was just a hit piece because DC editorial wanted Wally out of the way.

double post

The Only thing I can see fixing this mess is Scott Snyder and his Batman Who Ex-Machina's new Secret Six and ability to warp people into Dark Multiverse Versions of themselves, they could explain thats what happened to Wally, and even then, HiC is still godawful
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Which is why I am so certain that there's more to this than meets the eye. King and Gerads love Wally. Gerads even named his son Jai in honor of Wally. He wouldn't be a part of something that was just a hit piece because DC editorial wanted Wally out of the way.
    Gerads named his son West Allen Gerads, not Jai.

Brett Booth loves Wally and partook in New 52 Wally's creation. Creator love means absolutely nothing. King's love of the character is like any time a creator who writes something damning says they love a character. King has a style, that style brought about this horror onto Wally and this very poorly constructed murder mystery was a byproduct of it.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Most creatives involved in most hit-pieces concerning Wally loved him.

It's a job. Mitch has to feed Jai, after all.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!