Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

If I remember correctly, Wally and Roy were found inside the house in issue 1. Here, they are left on the porch outside the house. I wonder if that is indicating something.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

Referencing Power Boy and Little Barda from that old titans issue from years ago that barely anyone remembers was weird and out of nowhere

Like what was the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If I remember correctly, Wally and Roy were found inside the house in issue 1. Here, they are left on the porch outside the house. I wonder if that is indicating something.
    Continuity Error?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Also, if Batman and Barry are the “best detectives” and are on the case, Where is Vic Sage, he’s back in action, surely He’d look into this... being a Conspiracy Nut and a Detective and all.... He’s the type of guy who would show up and just kinda know what happened
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-28-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This issue was mostly to flesh out the various victims, particularly poor Wally West, who was just so, so sad. I'm not sure how that stuff plays for anyone who doesn't know what his backstory is, but it is just heartbreaking. His death seems to a mallet to the back of the head by Harley Quinn, but then King lets the real shoe drop in the final panel...

Nemesis. The master of disguise.

I see what you did there Tom King, you sneaky bastard...

I'm sticking with my Skeets/AI causing everyone to go crazy and kill each other in VR theory for now, but Nemesis is a nice monkey wrench to throw in there.
    I knew someone would have beaten me to the punch on this one and I'm totally unsurprised it was @Bored at 3:00AM.

May be a red herring but that felt to me like we were being told to suspect him.

Very little commentary about that final panel. I speculate it's because the character has been in limbo for so long. But Nemesis can look like anyone. Could easily have been him when we thought we saw Harley hitting Wally with a hammer and he could have easily been any of the characters we've seen. He's like Clayface that way.

Skeets has been my prime suspect until this issue. But that Nemesis panel did indeed feel like the big reveal of the issue.

As for the rest of the issue, I have never in my life identified with so many different kinds of trauma in a comic book. This issue made me cry several times, not for the loss of beloved heroes (though that's hard to take) but for how personally I took the situations of Lagoon Boy, Booster, not to mention the Trinity's or Blue Jay's testimonials, which I also identified with. I feel like I've essentially described each of their arcs as shown in HiC while talking about myself over many years of therapy.

To each his own but Tom King is writing superhero comics that hit home with me much more strongly than any prior comic book writer. Not saying he's the best ever or anything, only that I've never before taken comic books quite this personally.

That was definitely indicating something. And I think anyone that still thinks Harley did it is in for a surprise. Not saying I know who did, only that I think the scene with her hitting Wally with a hammer is not what it seems.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I brought that up in the main thread but got ignored.

Looks like somebody moved the bodies/tampered with the scene between the time of the attack and time the Trinity show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm taking this win and running with it till I'm inevitably proven wrong in future issues
    As long as you don't open the box of Jellybeans and they can be returned pretty close to "Mint", I think that you are in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I brought that up in the main thread but got ignored.

Looks like somebody moved the bodies/tampered with the scene between the time of the attack and time the Trinity show up.
    If we can trust what was in the first issue. While I believe that we can, I'm not putting that down as "Certainty".

Mighty Member

Nemesis being 'the who' would blow my mind and it would make sense to me. King is a former CIA operative and Nemesis is a character with government ties. I can see him playing around with that. Everyone introduced themselves with a sub-title after their names EXCEPT for him. But why would Nemesis snap?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Nemesis being 'the who' would blow my mind and it would make sense to me. King is a former CIA operative and Nemesis is a character with government ties. I can see him playing around with that. Everyone introduced themselves with a sub-title after their names EXCEPT for him. But why would Nemesis snap?
    I don't think Nemesis is the big bad, but he's definitely going to playing a role in whatever bad joojoo went down at Sanctuary.

The last time Nemesis was around was when he was Wonder Woman's love interest because DC was still saddled with Perez's shortsighted idea that Steve Trevor shouldn't be with Diana (who must forever remain viginal and pure), so he aged Steve up to his 40s/50s, then married him off to Etta Candy. Gail Simone followed through with that notion until JMS was brought on board to shake things up, but ended up simply driving away absolutely everyone. As far as I know, Tom Tresser hasn't been seen since.

So, thanks to time shenanigans of the DCU that so tragically destroyed Wally West's life and led him to Sanctuary, Nemesis got Wonder Woman snatched away from him. If I am correct, the parallels between Wally & Tom's tragedies of having their loved ones torn from their lives due to the ever-shifting timestream would dovetail nicely with Booster & Skeets, as well as Harley's own tragic actions related to love.

It's still early yet, and Tom King is playing this mystery close to the vest, but the clues are definitely there.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 11-28-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Here is the Who's Who entry for Nemesis if anyone wants a refresher on the character...
    Nemesis ----- 1988 --- ww88.jpg

It should be noted that, in addition to his past romance with Wonder Woman, which he ended because he believed that Diana didn't truly love him but wanted to have children with him, Nemesis initially worked with Batman and is also believed to be the fake Frank Rock that served in Luthor's administration after serving in Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad, which Harley Quinn is now a member.

So, yeah, Tom King is not playing around here. Throwing Nemesis into the works is a very, very big bomb.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 11-28-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Continuity Error?
    That's what I personally think.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

I posted a collection of observations here, but it seems like the site logged me out during the long edit time. So I've re-entered them here instead:

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2018/11/h...signs-and.html