Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Infinity Warps - Potential Sequels?

I saw the recent preview of "Infinity War #5", where the Soldier Supreme mentions that he will not allow to be "undone" ("unfused"). We both know he will, but Warlock mentions that maybe their reality can be preserved "in a bubble". This is exactly what happened with the Amalgam Universe at the end of "Access Total". So, I believe this means we could have a sequel of the "Warped World" in the future. I truly hope so. You see, some of the combinations of this reality are very dumb to me. I mean, "Little Monster" as an "ant-size Hulk"? Hulk would suit Giant-Man's power best. But after thinking about several things, I just realized they can actually work if used properly. I just though about potential new characters for the main issues of this arc. Just think of this:

1º) New enemy for Iron Hammer: Combine Justin Hammer and Blizzard with the Frost Giants.
    2º) New enemy for Iron Hammer: Combine Firebrand, Melter and maybe Firepower with the Fire Demons.
    3º) New enemy for Iron Hammer: Combine Ultimo with the Destroyer.
    4º) New ally for "Little Monster": As dumb as it sounds a tiny Hulk, I just realized it can works if we remember one of Hulk's greatest love interest, Jarella. Interesting, huh?
    5º) New character for Arachknight: Combine Shadowknight with Kaine's version of Scarlet Spider.
    6º) New enemy for Arachknight: Moon Shade and Doppelganger, as both were duplicates created by Magus.
    7º) New allies for Soldier Supreme: Combine the Howling Commandos (monster version) with allies of either Dr Strange or Captain America.

Still, I believe some changes in the fusions should be done, considering they were created with the current characters we have active, not counting several classic characters that are missing because they are currently dead. Like maybe Professor X, Gwen Stacy and some others.

Most of the Champions are unrepresented, as are most of the X-Men. From the Champions, we have Kamala fused with Kang, and apparently the reason Ewing didn't use Riri in Iron Hammer is because she's in Ghost Panther instead (presumably she's fused with someone like Shuri). The rest haven't appeared. The X-Men, Wolverine and Emma got merged, along with X-23 and Scarlet Witch, Honey Badger and Quicksilver, and Sabertooth and Magik. That means a lot of X-Men are unaccounted for. Plenty of room for expansion there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I'll say. Stories like Punisher Pack are just crying for a sequel with the amount of parody value they can bring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'll say. Stories like Punisher Pack are just crying for a sequel with the amount of parody value they can bring.
    The Punisher Pack is definitely a wrong combination. The soul of 4 young but good kids combined with the soul of one of the deadliest men in Marvel Universe? Bad idea. Besides, I don't know who was, but I believe someone was already combined with the Punisher in "Weapon Hex #1".

Daimon Hellstrom. The combo was called Hellfire, and his Storm Sigil was supposed to be Daimon's Hell-Mark.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Daimon Hellstrom. The combo was called Hellfire, and his Storm Sigil was supposed to be Daimon's Hell-Mark.
    Thanks a ton, Digifiend. By the way, do you have any idea about who was combined with Phantom Rider in this picture? I can't find any clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Most of the Champions are unrepresented, as are most of the X-Men. From the Champions, we have Kamala fused with Kang, and apparently the reason Ewing didn't use Riri in Iron Hammer is because she's in Ghost Panther instead (presumably she's fused with someone like Shuri). The rest haven't appeared. The X-Men, Wolverine and Emma got merged, along with X-23 and Scarlet Witch, Honey Badger and Quicksilver, and Sabertooth and Magik. That means a lot of X-Men are unaccounted for. Plenty of room for expansion there.
    Really? Where did you read that about Shuri and Riri merged? Although I have to say, it's a very good idea combine these two together.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 11-04-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Shuri was a guess. She and Riri are both tech geniuses (though in Shuri's case, it's a recent movie synergy retcon). Al Ewing confirmed that Riri is in Ghost Panther.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Punisher Pack ongoing please.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I do find the Punisher/Power Pack combo to be strangely delightful. I'm saying that as someone who hates the Punisher, and loves Power Pack however.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The Punisher Pack is definitely a wrong combination. The soul of 4 young but good kids combined with the soul of one of the deadliest men in Marvel Universe? Bad idea. Besides, I don't know who was, but I believe someone was already combined with the Punisher in "Weapon Hex #1".
    I'd say it would be an interesting combo under the right conditions. It could be a light parody of how edgy and "mature" the Dark Age was supposed to be when in reality, it was stupidly childish.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'd say it would be an interesting combo under the right conditions. It could be a light parody of how edgy and "mature" the Dark Age was supposed to be when in reality, it was stupidly childish.
    Indeed, "edgy" isn't the same thing as "mature," and all too often, it turns out to be the exact opposite. That said, Punisher Pack should be an interesting read just for how utterly incongruous the Punisher and the Power Pack are, and speaking of the Power Pack, why hasn't Marvel made an animated series/movie of them yet?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    speaking of the Power Pack, why hasn't Marvel made an animated series/movie of them yet?
    Not enough name recognition.

BANNED

I think it makes sense to keep 'Warpworld' intact so not to erase the identities of the individuals there. We've only seen a small portion of amalgamated characters too. It's a bit gimmicky, but I think it's interesting enough to keep around in some capacity

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    and speaking of the Power Pack, why hasn't Marvel made an animated series/movie of them yet?
    Seems like a no brainer, it was among a large list of IP that Marvel announced they were developing over Ten years ago but nothing has come of it. Maybe the early '90s TV movie makes some higher-ups hesitant to pursue it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Not enough name recognition.
    Tell that to the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Seems like a no brainer, it was among a large list of IP that Marvel announced they were developing over Ten years ago but nothing has come of it. Maybe the early '90s TV movie makes some higher-ups hesitant to pursue it.
    Early 90s TV movie?
    The spider is always on the hunt.