View Poll Results: The Most Horrific Alien Menace In The MCU?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Badoon

2 4.26%
  • The Brood

27 57.45%
  • The Dire Wraiths

14 29.79%
  • The Kree

1 2.13%
  • The Skrulls

4 8.51%
  • How Could The OP Possibly Have Excluded...?

4 8.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

mmm, Dire Wraiths, for the horror. Badoon for the most despicable.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

are the DW's off limits because of the Rom connection? If so, too bad. I guess they could retcon them to being called something else, though. bring them back.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They're not. They were created by Marvel and have appeared in plenty of other books that have been reprinted while Rom has not been.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    For me, the Dire Wraith have always been the most horrifying.

Like the Skrull, they can shapeshift...but into beings they have devoured.
    Like the Brood, they devour a person before taking their place...but rather than an internal infection transforming the host, the Wraith stalks it's prey, drives them mad, and then feeds on their SOUL while their prey still lives, aware they are being devoured.

Add to that their nature as a mystical AND a cosmic threat, and they are as close to Lovecraftian as it gets. Suma Gorath is just a tentacled monster. The Dire Wraith are ineffably diabolical, inhuman and malicious in a way few others are.
    They also enjoyed experimenting on children.
    "The world is coming to an end. So where would you rather die? Here? Or in a Jaeger?"

so whens the last time the DWs have shown up, recently?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

IDW has the Dire Wraiths now.

Although one of them was part of Black Bolt's waifu collection during Hickman's run.

The Spaceknights were also teased in Infinity (Hickman again) which was a nice laugh.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    The brood are the most underrated vilains of the Marvel universe. Parasitic insectoids who lay eggs on the host, before killing him and taking control of his body ? They were the only Marvel villains who scarred me, when I was a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    For me, the Dire Wraith have always been the most horrifying.

Like the Skrull, they can shapeshift...but into beings they have devoured.
    Like the Brood, they devour a person before taking their place...but rather than an internal infection transforming the host, the Wraith stalks it's prey, drives them mad, and then feeds on their SOUL while their prey still lives, aware they are being devoured.

Add to that their nature as a mystical AND a cosmic threat, and they are as close to Lovecraftian as it gets. Suma Gorath is just a tentacled monster. The Dire Wraith are ineffably diabolical, inhuman and malicious in a way few others are.
    I'm torn between the two, but give the Dire Wraiths the slight edge.

There's something extra hideous about the long gestation period of a Brood embryo, which slowly converts your mind and will to their own, before doing the same thing to your physical form. Worse still, you may realize it's happening on some level, and remain a helpless prisoner within your own psyche.

Still, having a slug with limbs drill and hole in your noggin with its tongue, siphon out your brain, and then be able to replace you as you melt into a puddle of goo is extra gruesome in its own way.

I suppose the Wraiths win for me because they are slightly more original to me than the Brood, who were clearly created as a knock off of the xenomorph from Aliens.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Dire Wraiths are definitely up there. Also, there's the new Venom villain of Knull, who pretty much wants to blacken the entire universe with his evil. Also, even though they are technically aliens from another dimension, I think that the creatures of the Cancerverse definitely deserve a mention.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."