Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Batman #58

BANNED

So Bane's master plan is on the verge of being spoiled because of a bird. I dont know whether I should laugh or cry.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Preventing the marriage, killing Penny, giving Dick amnesia.
    The marriage is only sort of petty - at least, in my mind. We'll have to wait until King gives Bane his monologue, but it feels pretty brilliant to me, so far. Killing Penny was punishment for failure - it feels brutal, not petty. Dick amnesia...I don't really know what Bane really hired KGBeast to do. I can't imagine him missing on purpose, but I don't see how you can guarantee amnesia by sniper shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    I have a hard time buying that Bane would have a woman married to Cobblepot killed just as a signal "come see me!" Killing one of his "pets" makes more sense. Bane knows they are important to him, but probably didn't realize just how important Penny was. If Penny is a human, why would Cobblepot's men not tell him immediately when Penny was found? They didn't want to wake him up. He doesn't even "see" her until after he gets out of his meeting with Bane in Arkham. Plus, all the stuff in the cemetery, the date on the tombstone, the speach about Penny silly and small, people not considering she had a soul. If it turns out that Penny is indeed a human, I will be surprised.
    We shall see. To me, it makes more sense that Penny is a human than if she's not.

Also, Bane didn't kill Penny just to tell Penguin to see him. He was punishing Penguin for his failure in Cold Days.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The marriage is only sort of petty - at least, in my mind. We'll have to wait until King gives Bane his monologue, but it feels pretty brilliant to me, so far. Killing Penny was punishment for failure - it feels brutal, not petty. Dick amnesia...I don't really know what Bane really hired KGBeast to do. I can't imagine him missing on purpose, but I don't see how you can guarantee amnesia by sniper shot.
    He hired KGBeast to shoot Dick in the head. I doubt Bane cared about what happened to Dick afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    He hired KGBeast to shoot Dick in the head. I doubt Bane cared about what happened to Dick afterwards.
    But why would KGBeast miss?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, he tells his hitters with Alfred in their sights to shoot themselves instead, and they just do it? Did he steal Tetch's mind control tech or something?
    He has Psycho Pirate and Hugo Strange working for him

As far as I can tell he didn't miss. Didn't Beast think he killed Nightwing? Dick is just lucky.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    As far as I can tell he didn't miss. Didn't Beast think he killed Nightwing? Dick is just lucky.
    Not lucky; our Grayson Wonder has been ADAPTING in preparation for just this moment. Now we know why Dick has become such a bimbo. Over the past several years, his cranial bones have been thickening to the extent that it has crowded out and atrophied his brain. Hence, his skull was so thick he was able to take a direct, otherwise fatal, head shot from a high-powered rifle and no one can notice the difference.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-08-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Skull of Steel.
    Ass of steel. Brain of mush. At least how he's been written in recent years.

Edit to your edit:
    Not lucky; our Grayson Wonder has been ADAPTING in preparation for just this moment. Now we know why Dick has become such a bimbo. Over the past several years, his cranial bones have been thickening to the extent that it has crowded out and atrophied his brain. Hence, his skull was so thick he was able to take a direct, otherwise fatal, head shot from a high-powered rifle and no one can notice the difference.
    haha spot on!
    Last edited by Pohzee; 11-08-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

This thread took a turn!

BANNED

This thread took a turn!
    If I don't laugh, I'll cry.

I stop reading King's Batman (lost interest after the wedding fiasco) and then i come back to one of the threads and find theories of Penguin marrying a bird... what the hell did i miss?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

He didn’t. He shot him in the head. Where Dick lived or died from it was likely irrelevant to whatever Bane’s plan is

BANNED

He didn’t. He shot him in the head. Where Dick lived or died from it was likely irrelevant to whatever Bane’s plan is
    Why not? It's irrelevant to the rest of the Bat-Family, too. Penguin marrying birds? Now we get interspecies romances? Ugh.

I just have a hard time believing KGBeast wouldn't kill Dick thoroughly.

Why not? It's irrelevant to the rest of the Bat-Family, too. Penguin marrying birds? Now we get interspecies romances? Ugh.
    I really think this thing about Penny being a bird is not true.

I just have a hard time believing KGBeast wouldn't kill Dick thoroughly.
    Because the point of it was to make sure Bats was there to witness Nightwing getting shot in the head. Odds are that's all that he cared about.

There's more ways to weaken Bruce's connection to his allies/batfam than outright killing them. This is one of them.

Because the point of it was to make sure Bats was there to witness Nightwing getting shot in the head. Odds are that's all that he cared about.

There's more ways to weaken Bruce's connection to his allies/batfam than outright killing them. This is one of them.
    I agree that BANE knows that. After all, he hung the three Robins in the cave without killing them.

But why would KGBeast want to screw with Batman that way?