Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Batman #58

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree that BANE knows that. After all, he hung the three Robins in the cave without killing them.

But why would KGBeast want to screw with Batman that way?
    Bane wanted it done and he paid KGBeast to do it. None of it was his idea, he was just getting a paycheck for it.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bane wanted it done and he paid KGBeast to do it. None of it was his idea, he was just getting a paycheck for it.
    So is the way we think it went down like this?

BANE: KGBeast. That's a stupid name. Also, shoot Nightwing in the head but don't kill him. Make sure Batman sees.

KGBEAST: I don't see how Bane is less stupid. Also, of course I can do that. I am best shot in world.

BANE: Whatever, man. Just make sure he doesn't die.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Why you think Bane didn't intend for him to die? We are talking about comics where characters get shot point blank and they still survive.

I don't know for sure. But it sounds to me like Bane would be more interested in Nightwing's recovery being a continuing distraction rather than his death being a pain in the past.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Considering that Nightwing has no role in this arc beside getting shot, I don't think distraction is part of his plan.

I think he just intended to isolate Batman and make him push his family away.

So is the way we think it went down like this?

BANE: KGBeast. That's a stupid name. Also, shoot Nightwing in the head but don't kill him. Make sure Batman sees.

KGBEAST: I don't see how Bane is less stupid. Also, of course I can do that. I am best shot in world.

BANE: Whatever, man. Just make sure he doesn't die.
    No it went more like this

Bane: Here's some money. Go to this spot, wait for Nightwing and Batman to show up than shoot Nightwing in the head.

KGBeast: K

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Why you think Bane didn't intend for him to die? We are talking about comics where characters get shot point blank and they still survive.
    All I'm saying is that Bane probably didn't care if Nightwing died because the point was to shot him in front of Batman. What happened to Dick afterward was likely irrelevant to him.

All I'm saying is that Bane probably didn't care if Nightwing died because the point was to shot him in front of Batman. What happened to Dick afterward was likely irrelevant to him.
    We're talking about a Bane who literally planned a plane crash, powering up two kids, driving them insane, getting his own island invaded, his own imprisonment, all so that Batman's wedding could be setup and then destroyed.

I feel like he would care about the specific outcomes of Dick getting shot in the head.

Sorry, I haven't been reading everything, was it a glancing blow? I thought he got shot-shot.

I don't necessarily disagree. He could indeed not care about the outcome since I believe the purpose of shooting in the first place was just to isolate Batman.

Batman and his vilians are pretty predictable. Target his family and Batman's first reaction is "I need to distance myself from my family to keep them safe!" so his vilians will predictably choose them as a target if they wanted Batman on his own.

We're talking about a Bane who literally planned a plane crash, powering up two kids, driving them insane, getting his own island invaded, his own imprisonment, all so that Batman's wedding could be setup and then destroyed.

I feel like he would care about the specific outcomes of Dick getting shot in the head.
    That would be true if Dick was Bane’s target. He’s not, Dick was just a means for Bane to hurt Bruce. That was his real objective and doesn’t depend on Dick surviving or not.

If he really wanted Dick dead, he would’ve had him killed when there was nobody around to save him. They didn’t do that.

Incredible Member

And all of that doesn’t seem ridiculous to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    And all of that doesn’t seem ridiculous to you?
    It seems no more or less ridiculous than, say, Court of Owls, Endgame, or Batman RIP.

BANNED

I also think the plan was to shoot Nightwing in front of Batman just to show Bruce how helpless his family is even right infront of him.

And Bane wasn't responsible for the plane crash or powering up the siblings or getting his back broken and then incarcerated, YET. That would indeed be extremely ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hold up. Since when Bane wanted his island to be invaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    And Bane wasn't responsible for the plane crash or powering up the siblings or getting his back broken and then incarcerated, YET. That would indeed be extremely ridiculous.
    Okay. Yeah. That's what I know. Bane only started planning after he failed fighting Batman to get Psycho Pirate back, and the motivation is because Batman invaded his island, broke him and stole away his source of happiness.

Mighty Member

Just reading this makes my brain hurt. This is premier DC storytelling folks.