Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Batman #58

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

If Jet's role felt earned to you, that's fair. It felt incredibly sudden and jarring to me, and hasn't fit better on rereads.

I agree that the situation is crappy for Nightwing. But I think King suggested something, then Didio imposed it on Nightwing, since I believe King's original story was going to fix the problem in Batman, but editorial/Didio wanted to make it a Nightwing story instead. It's only been three issues since Dick got shot, and all of them have either dealt with it directly (showing Batman chasing the man who shot Dick) or directly referenced and shown Batman's reaction to it.

Again, if Penny's role in the story doesn't work for you, that's fair. I found it very poignant and moving, especially on rereads.

I'll see what I can do about scans, but it'll be a while.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Think about it, the best way to destroy your enemy is to ruin his or her wedding.

Batman now is a pariah among all his friends. Even Aquaman has shunned him. What a loser.
    Everyone was looking forward to all that free food.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    If Jet's role felt earned to you, that's fair. It felt incredibly sudden and jarring to me, and hasn't fit better on rereads.

I agree that the situation is crappy for Nightwing. But I think King suggested something, then Didio imposed it on Nightwing, since I believe King's original story was going to fix the problem in Batman, but editorial/Didio wanted to make it a Nightwing story instead. It's only been three issues since Dick got shot, and all of them have either dealt with it directly (showing Batman chasing the man who shot Dick) or directly referenced and shown Batman's reaction to it.

Again, if Penny's role in the story doesn't work for you, that's fair. I found it very poignant and moving, especially on rereads.

I'll see what I can do about scans, but it'll be a while.
    Jets role was to be a sneaky and disgusting villain. I believe she succeeded. Morrison spent time on her, thats undeniable.

Thats a lot of speculation and designed to clear King of any faults. King is happy to be Didio's hitman from what I can see and Didio doesn't have his fingerprints over this unlike HIC. Infact Didio was happy witg the dark web.

Except Penny doesn't have a role, there's nothing to suggest she's even a person.

Ok, thanks.

BANNED

Boycotting King, but please tell me you're not talking about Jezebel Jet. Ugh, was hoping she'd fade away int Limbo and never come back. I believe that the way King told it, he wanted Nightwing shot in the head and told DC he didn't care what they did to mop up after it; Zatanna could cast a spell or whatever, it didn't matter. He wanted that one dramatic panel. The company lets these "superstar" writers do whatever they want with no brakes.

I meant to post about this a few days ago...

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that there is a living, breathing version of Thomas Wayne just hanging out in (to him) an alternate timeline where his dead son is alive and is playing the role he himself plays in the Flashpoint timeline. And he's partnered up with Bane, who for some reason has pretty much all of Batman's rogue's gallery bowing at his feet.

Thomas Wayne is alive and just hanging out in his Batman outfit with a guy who (presumably) wants to murder/destroy his son.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hmmm.

I feel like Penguin marrying a bird is a bit too weird?
    You gotta admit, though, the whole thing with the death or whatever of this Penny person was very 'wtf'ish. If it ends up being she was simply a human female companion of Penguin's, I'd be a bit confused by what the whole point of making it so weird was.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/