Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Is the Superman newspaper strip still being published?

I know that Spider-Man still is but I don't know if the Superman one is. Does anyone know the answer to this?
    Assassinate Putin!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

They ended in 1966, according to Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(comic_strip)

Retired

There was THE WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERHEROES comic strip which began in 1979 and went through several name changes becoming THE WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERHEROES PRESENT SUPERMAN, then SUPERMAN, then THE SUPERMAN SUNDAY SPECIAL, coming to an end in 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There was THE WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERHEROES comic strip which began in 1979 and went through several name changes becoming THE WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERHEROES PRESENT SUPERMAN, then SUPERMAN, then THE SUPERMAN SUNDAY SPECIAL, coming to an end in 1985.
    Ah, 1985 claims another victim, eh? Shame about that. If the Spider-Man strip can stay in publication for this long then I don't see why Superman couldn't have done.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Ah, 1985 claims another victim, eh? Shame about that. If the Spider-Man strip can stay in publication for this long then I don't see why Superman couldn't have done.
    What is it about that year?
    Assassinate Putin!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

By then Huey Lewis had eclipsed John Williams.

*shrug*

I hope they reprint those other years, because I know nothing about them aside from seeing some sweet unfinished art from Delbo. Not that there isn't a ton of material out or coming out. I'm embarrassed to think of the sound I will make as the new Sundays collection falls into my hands this winter.

Retired

I do have a 1982 Tor papeback, THE WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERHEROES PRESENTS SUPERMAN, which collects in black & white one of the stories--the Justice League go up against Vandal Savage--from Martin Pasko, George Tuska and Vince Colletta.