View Poll Results: Should Emma get over Scott and move on?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 77.22%
  • No

18 22.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Should Emma move on from Scott?

I think it's (long past) time for Emma to get over Scott and move on. If for no other reason than to get her out of the triangle trap with Scott and Jean. She's moved on as a mutant leader with her Hellfire Club activities. It's high time she did it in her personal life, too, and found someone else. Even if/when Scott comes back.

What do you think? Why?

Any suggestions for other suitors?
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 11-05-2018 at 12:00 PM.

BANNED

I think she should be on her own, but maybe have off/on trysts with Namor since Marvel's also taken him into a villainy territory.

King of HFC & the King of the Seas. They were always a better match than her and Scott. He's a lot like her in the way that he's willing to do what it takes to protect his people regardless of what people think of him.

Considering the choices are that he's either a corpse or a minor, yeah, most likely.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Once they are all alive. Scott needs to decide once and for all. Emma & Jean both love him so pick the right woman and let the other live her life.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Please don't derail into emma/scott/jean/logan hate, please don't derail into emma/scott/jean/logan hate, please don't derail into emma/scott/jean/logan hate.

Don't even mention Wolverine, Jean, jogan or jott here, for the sake of everybody's sanity.

Like the two together but life goes on.

Scott would want Jean or Emma to be happy.

Yes.

I like Scott. I love Emma. But their relationship hasn't been great ever. It was more survival comfort than anything tangible. Emma deserves someone who loves her first.

Yeah,I think Magneto would be an interesting choice. But he's gone full villain...

Hank seemed to like her.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

"I think it's (long past) time for Emma to get over Scott and move on."

He died last year. Not even real people get over lost loved ones that fast.

Also this is like the 4th variant of this thread.

I'm a hardcore Scemma STAN. They are the X couple I most treasure.

That being said, moving forward -- if/when Scott is resurrected, I can whole heartedly accept and embrace that their romantic lives may not rekindle, but I sincerely hope they would have a flirtatious still-attracted-to-each-other kind of dynamic depending on their respective roles within the X-verse. They were such incredible impacting influences on each other, I'd hate for it that richness to be lost.

I'd personally love to see she and Jean do some bonding.

I would like them back together, but not immediately. I don’t trust Marvel to not have Scott’s return be Emma’s redemption, and that’s exactly what caused all her recent problems.

Let's have her start a psychic affair with Gambit now

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Let's have her start a psychic affair with Gambit now
    Oh the shitsrorm that would be. Lol

And Rogue won't be nice about that like Jean was.

I voted yes and after reading X-men Black, I think she has and really doesn't need him anymore. I think Emma's relationship with Cyclops is beyond repair at this point and not just because Jean Grey is back from the dead. Even before then, Cyclops made clear that he's over her. He said it himself. He wouldn't touch her with Namor's trident. And I think Emma's obsession over him after his death in Death of X really took her in the wrong direction. For a while, she was just mourning the loss of someone she cared about. When she effectively used Cyclops' image to wage war against the Inhumans, I think that put her past the point of no return. That relationship just isn't healthy anymore. I think Emma is better off doing her own thing. She finally has a new role as the Black King. She has a new path before her and one I think she should follow.

Her relationship with Cyclops had its moments, but it ultimately failed. I think it would be better for her and for Cyclops to just move past it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I expect that when Scott comes back they aren't getting back together, although I hope in their interactions they show a fondness for what they used to mean to each other and disappointment that they are no longer on exactly the same side.