Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Skein for The X-Men? Yes or no?

I have always wanted Skein to join The X-Men. Especially after her stint in Thunderbolts. Everyone thinks she just manipulates cloth but that isn't all.

Skein's powers:

Psychokinesis: Skein possesses the mutant ability to mentally manipulate materials and objects with her mind. Because all matter has a powerful and specific "texture" to her mind, she prefers to only manipulate "soft" substances like fibers and other malleable, yielding substances. (This preference extends to the point of her having a strong aversion to mentally touching anything hard or solid.) Thus she confines her manipulation to such substances as fabrics (both organic and synthetic) and organic tissue such as that of plants or animals. The maximum amount of material she can manipulate at once is equivalent to the amount of weight she can lift physically, about 120 pounds. She is able to make such gross movements as yanking 120 pounds of cloth across a room all at once or such fine movements as threading a needle from across the room. The range of her influence is about 50 feet.[1]
    Levitation - Skein may levitate herself by manipulating her own clothing. By concentrating, she can move through the air as if she were swimming, at up to a top speed of 20 miles per hour for periods of up to a half hour before tiring from the mental exertion. Her wings are strictly ornamental, not functional. She not strong enough to to carry anyone else while she levitates, however she can levitate another person, provided that person weighs less than 120 pounds.[1]
    Ensnare Opponents - Skein can constrict her foes using their own clothing and hair, or even control their gross movements, providing their clothes are durable enough.[1]
    Biophysical Control - Skein can control living organic tissue, causing muscles to cramp, skin to break, or blood vessels to burst or contract.[1]

Thoughts??

Why have a weirdly specific telekinetic when the X-Men already have a half-dozen OMEGA telekinetics? The Thunderbolts can keep her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Why have a weirdly specific telekinetic when the X-Men already have a half-dozen OMEGA telekinetics? The Thunderbolts can keep her.
    Well, the other TKs cant do what she does without being a physical god already.

Why have god like mutants instead of someone who could train to make their powers stronger? Or are those days over??

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Why have god like mutants instead of someone who could train to make their powers stronger? Or are those days over??
    Train? What training happens these days? Yes, those days are over.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the other TKs cant do what she does without being a physical god already.
    I mean, I've never heard of this character before today, but after reading her little bio, I don't see how she can do anything Rachel, Jeen or any of the other million TKs couldn't do. Care to elucidate?

I mean, I've never heard of this character before today, but after reading her little bio, I don't see how she can do anything Rachel, Jeen or any of the other million TKs couldn't do. Care to elucidate?
    Well, she can manipulate matter (not a lot, but still); something that Jean or Rachel only do when they are the Phoenix.

And she could of help for Emma Frost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I have always wanted Skein to join The X-Men. Especially after her stint in Thunderbolts. Everyone thinks she just manipulates cloth but that isn't all.

Skein's powers:...
    I don't feel her powers are relevant here. Her personality is. What is she like?

Eh, maybe. I hate the name "Skein" though, I'd rather she go back to Gypsy Moth, even the old costume at least looked like something.

She's almost always a villain though, or at least shown as someone with a serious mental illness, so it's be like recruiting Typhoid Mary to the team, not particularly reliable or trustworthy. (Granted, that hasn't stopped them from recruiting Saber tooth and Mystique.)

Last time we saw her she was slumming it with Spidey's D-listers though, would the X-Men even want her?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Well, she can manipulate matter (not a lot, but still); something that Jean or Rachel only do when they are the Phoenix.

And she could of help for Emma Frost.
    Pretty sure telekinetics can and do manipulate matter. With or without the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Eh, maybe. I hate the name "Skein" though, I'd rather she go back to Gypsy Moth, even the old costume at least looked like something.

She's almost always a villain though, or at least shown as someone with a serious mental illness, so it's be like recruiting Typhoid Mary to the team, not particularly reliable or trustworthy. (Granted, that hasn't stopped them from recruiting Saber tooth and Mystique.)

Last time we saw her she was slumming it with Spidey's D-listers though, would the X-Men even want her?
    Given that gypsy is a racial slur, I don't think they'll be going back to it any time soon

Pretty sure telekinetics can and do manipulate matter. With or without the Phoenix.
    Well, the description of TK is moving matter with your mind.

But given i havent made myself understood; what she can do is transform, change, alter, convert, metamorphose, transfigure, transmute, mutate, revolutionize, overhaul, remodel, reshape, redo, reconstruct, rebuild, reorganize, rearrange, rework, renew, revamp, remake, retool, transmogrify, morph matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Given that gypsy is a racial slur, I don't think they'll be going back to it any time soon
    Maybe just Moth.

BANNED

How do you pronounce that anyway?

Does it rhyme with mine or mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How do you pronounce that anyway?

Does it rhyme with mine or mean?
    Rhymes with rain.

Well, the description of TK is moving matter with your mind.

But given i havent made myself understood; what she can do is transform, change, alter, convert, metamorphose, transfigure, transmute, mutate, revolutionize, overhaul, remodel, reshape, redo, reconstruct, rebuild, reorganize, rearrange, rework, renew, revamp, remake, retool, transmogrify, morph matter.
    I still think all TK's have that potential. Even high end elementals can re-arrange/transform matter at the atomic or subatomic level. Most are too lazy to develop such techniques(or too overwhelmingly powerful to bother), but there are some examples littered throughout the canon.