Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nightwing #52

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Default Nightwing #52

Well... the art is good...

nightwing-52-variant.jpg

"Who is Dick Grayson? That’s the question haunting him after the devastating injury he suffered in BATMAN #55. Now, as he continues to struggle physically and emotionally, how can he stand against the terrifying “fear germ” unleashed by the Scarecrow?"

nightwing-52-page-1.jpg

I think Mooneyham is a better fit for Ric than Travis. If you wanna go grit, get the gritty artist

The exchange, of course, he looks freaking ugly at least compared to the male model that I'm used to ^^
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-05-2018 at 05:05 PM.

nightwing-52-page-5.jpg

Really great energy on this pic

Now go land on your head and be cured

Man, all that narration was a bit rough to get though.

I know Jason fans hate this but with Lobdell's dialogue/narration and Dick wearing a leather jacket he really comes across as being Jason-like. I'm not saying he is just New 52 Jason now but the similarities are so glaring to me. Like if there was no indication of who this was and you told someone to read this and said it was a Batman family member I bet most would guess Jason here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

I know Jason fans hate this but with Lobdell's dialogue/narration and Dick wearing a leather jacket he really comes across as being Jason-like. I'm not saying he is just New 52 Jason now but the similarities are so glaring to me. Like if there was no indication of who this was and you told someone to read this and said it was a Batman family member I bet most would guess Jason here.
    He looks so OLD !!!!!!!!

This reads so stale, and looks like something out of the 90’s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This reads so stale, and looks like something out of the 90’s.
    To me, it just seems strange: I've seen a number of patients with head trauma, a couple of those with short-term memory loss, but never such selective amnesia. If Dick's memory history stops at the breakpoint of his parents' death, then he should not remember how to drive, speak German (unless he learned it prior to John and Mary dying), or anything since his parents' deaths. These patients, too, are ALWAYS very grateful for the support of their families and people who are THERE for them--I have never seen a patient repudiate his family or not WANT to relearn what they lost. Of course, I have to suspend my disbelief a LOT to be a comics fans, but I've never seen a patient four months out from being shot in the head out taking part in a fight club. At least a couple of comforts to being a Dick Grayson fan is that I've learned: (1) never get too accustomed to anything, and (2) when you think it can't possibly get any worse, just remember that it CAN.

BANNED

Sorry for the double post, but I was just looking at the posted preview pages and I was wondering: Does anyone else think the art makes Dick look like a bug-eyed Harry Osborne?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I was just looking at the posted preview pages and I was wondering: Does anyone else think the art makes Dick look like a bug-eyed Harry Osborne?
    I see the the bug eyed Harry in the panel where he punches the guy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

yeah he is cspalying as jasaon right now its kinda gross

yeahhhh... i'm tapping out of this crap. I'll wait around for a better direction. Till then, I'll just read Grayson and Seeley's Nightwing. And probably Morrison's Batman and Robin. And maybe even some Higgins Nightwing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    yeah he is cspalying as jasaon right now its kinda gross
    I don't think Jason ever got this gross. At least he didn't get his head shaved.

The art is very good. Probably not everyone's cup ot tea, but really: it's great. Pretty in a dirty gritty pulp way, and with a good flow in the narrative.

Interesting, but it seems that Lobdell is just laying out the story and Nicieza is the actual scripter, in the end? Seems understable, with NW being a biweekly: that's very demanding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The art is very good. Probably not everyone's cup ot tea, but really: it's great. Pretty in a dirty gritty pulp way, and with a good flow in the narrative.

Interesting, but it seems that Lobdell is just laying out the story and Nicieza is the actual scripter, in the end? Seems understable, with NW being a biweekly: that's very demanding.
    I didn't care for the artwork. I never imagined Dick Grayson looking like Harry Osborne with a bad case of Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism). It's too weird.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-06-2018 at 11:01 PM.