Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nightwing #52

I can't wait for this to be over. It wasn't terrible but this is not the exploration of the character that we were sold when he lost his memories.

His voice for Dick is really off, I know that's part of the story but you can do different well. This just isn't good. The whole cause cats bit is just more of that lame supposed to be funny snark that feels so 90s. That's Lobdell's writing in a nutshell to me.

Also hate how he keeps referring to himself as a carnie and the circus as a carnival.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I can't wait for this to be over.
    Amen to that, brother!!!!!! I figure he'll feel like he has to be bailing out these Nightwing wannabees who'll be getting in over their heads.

This is just brutal. Over narrated, dark and ugly, and worse of all just generally uninteresting. The hobo adventures of Ric Grayson just isn’t very exciting. Bludhaven has regressed, Ric’s a tool, and his new life is lame.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-07-2018 at 12:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This is just brutal. Over narrated, dark and ugly, and worse of all just generally uninteresting. The hobo adventures of Ric Grayson just isn’t very interesting. Ric’s a tool, and his new life is lame.
    It may be the worst DC has done to Dick Grayson YET. And I've had over 60 years to endure these atrocities! I wonder how long it's going to last. "Grayson" ended too soon and this "new direction" has already FAR overstayed its welcome. I know Lobdell and Fabian are just trying to deal with the loser hand King dealt them, but maybe even Dick as an invalid for two years would be better than this.

This reads so stale, and looks like something out of the 90’s.
    It made me want to skip and just look at the art and make up my own lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I can't wait for this to be over. It wasn't terrible but this is not the exploration of the character that we were sold when he lost his memories.
    I was expecting something more but this.... Maybe is beacuse he need one or two more issue and we will get something good, but it better be fast or it will not be in my pull list.

This story is getting worse. Like objectively worse. This was way over narrated, the pace is moving so slow and the story is just bad. Bad from a structural, planning and execution standpoint. It just isn't interesting, but this was obvious from the start that this would happen and the fans that tried to defend this "direction" I really have to question their fandom.

I mean Nightwing has been in Bludhaven for maybe 6 months at most and is now so integral to the city in that time where a bunch of cops feel the need to put on his old costume to run around Bludhaven? And how stupid was "Ric" to set fire to his secret base in the first place alerting people to it? And who cares about the Scarecrow in this? He is going to move back to Gotham the second this story is over. It shows how useless Bludhaven is that they have to drag villains in from Gotham to be their big showcase villain for this arc. It is all just so frustrating. Like you can drive a bus through the holes in this story arc.

There was a proper way this story could have happened where it would be something truly memorable, but this isn't it. This isn't close to being it. I'm honestly tempted to just write what I think should have happened because it is going to be several more months of this garbage and we have nothing really better to do until this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This story is getting worse. Like objectively worse. This was way over narrated, the pace is moving so slow and the story is just bad. Bad from a structural, planning and execution standpoint. It just isn't interesting, but this was obvious from the start that this would happen and the fans that tried to defend this "direction" I really have to question their fandom.

I mean Nightwing has been in Bludhaven for maybe 6 months at most and is now so integral to the city in that time where a bunch of cops feel the need to put on his old costume to run around Bludhaven? And how stupid was "Ric" to set fire to his secret base in the first place alerting people to it? And who cares about the Scarecrow in this? He is going to move back to Gotham the second this story is over. It shows how useless Bludhaven is that they have to drag villains in from Gotham to be their big showcase villain for this arc. It is all just so frustrating. Like you can drive a bus through the holes in this story arc.

There was a proper way this story could have happened where it would be something truly memorable, but this isn't it. This isn't close to being it. I'm honestly tempted to just write what I think should have happened because it is going to be several more months of this garbage and we have nothing really better to do until this is over.
    You're pitch a few issues back was infinitely better thought out, interesting, and respectful to the history of the character than what we got.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    You're pitch a few issues back was infinitely better thought out, interesting, and respectful to the history of the character than what we got.
    Maybe we should all pitch in and write a better version of what this story could have been? Like open a new thread for it where we all add bits and pieces and build a new story. Might be a way to pass the time faster until this forced direction is finished and forgotten and DC does something else with the character next year, lol.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

WHAT IS THIS

DrbAfQvW4AA50xn.jpg

I know the art is supposed to be gritty but WHAT IS THIS

ugh this is so 90s

be done with it already

Maybe we should all pitch in and write a better version of what this story could have been? Like open a new thread for it where we all add bits and pieces and build a new story. Might be a way to pass the time faster until this forced direction is finished and forgotten and DC does something else with the character next year, lol.
    That sounds like fun, I'd be more interesting in reading that than what's happening currently lol

This is just brutal. Over narrated, dark and ugly, and worse of all just generally uninteresting. The hobo adventures of Ric Grayson just isn’t very exciting. Bludhaven has regressed, Ric’s a tool, and his new life is lame.
    If it was retitled the hobo adventures of Ric Grayson I would have loved every second of it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

That sounds like a lot more fun, probably would be better written too.