Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nightwing #52

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    WHAT IS THIS

Attachment 73451

I know the art is supposed to be gritty but WHAT IS THIS
    Today at the comics shop, the joke was, "They've turned Dick Grayson into Don Knotts!" Now he's scared of kitty kats? Maybe this is how a Bizarro Dick looks. I'll buy the book for Dick's sake, but I don't think I'm going to try reading them or looking at the "art."

Fantastic Member

Well that was disappointing. Back at #50 i actually has no complaints, when Dick burned everything and went full on *******. At least it made sense with the way Dick was treated by his only 3 ties and also it's just so Bruce to do that to him. But Lobdell just changed his voice and cooked up this nonsense.

Mighty Member

This is so bad I won't even buy it. I don't know who would want to read this.

BANNED

This storyline may have worked in the Dixon era and even then excluding the Ric Grayson, the hair cut and the taxi driving part. It does not work with Post Rebirth Dick. DC just killed my interest in Nightwing, thanks a lot.

Lobdell it seems is only good with the one character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Lobdell it seems is only good with the one character.
    I'll cut Fabian and Lobdell some slack in that this was dropped in their laps from On High, but King is permanently on my Naughty List now. I'll be boycotting his work.

I'm kind of waiting for Commissioner Gordon to roll up in Bludhaven in a robo Nightwing suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I'm kind of waiting for Commissioner Gordon to roll up in Bludhaven in a robo Nightwing suit.
    Complete with a perfect robo-butt!

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    This storyline may have worked in the Dixon era and even then excluding the Ric Grayson, the hair cut and the taxi driving part. It does not work with Post Rebirth Dick. DC just killed my interest in Nightwing, thanks a lot.
    About the taxi. Does Uber and Lyft not exist in the DCU, and is it not making taxi's obsolete like it is in today's cities. I think i made this joke before, but whats next. Is Ric gonna open a Blockbuster Video. This is the crap that gets me. Dick, or Ric now, is suppose to be in his early 20's, yet they keep finding ways to make him act old. Now Dick, or Ric, is a frigging homeless taxi driver. This is a new low, it really is.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-08-2018 at 09:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    About the taxi. Does Uber and Lyft not exist in the DCU, and is it not making taxi's obsolete like it is in today's cities. I think i made this joke before, but whats next. Is Ric gonna open a Blockbuster Video. This is the crap that gets me. Dick, or Ric now, is suppose to be in his early 20's, yet they keep finding ways to make him act old. Now Dick, or Ric, is a frigging homeless taxi driver. This is a new low, it really is.
    The other ex-Robins are being de-aged. Dick looks like Bruce's stinky old bug-eyed grandpa. Darlin' Dan just keeps pouring cyanide on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Right so we lost dick the globetrotting super spy for dick the homeless taxi driver. This is supid. And how many early 20 something taxi driver's are there like really dc.

BANNED

Yes its a shame that 2 reasonably good ideas such as the fear germ and police officers running around in Nightwing gear are lumped with terrible ideas such as the taxi driver angle and everything Ric Grayson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Yes its a shame that 2 reasonably good ideas such as the fear germ and police officers running around in Nightwing gear are lumped with terrible ideas such as the taxi driver angle and everything Ric Grayson
    Every time I think it can't get any worse, DC reaches new depths.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I dread the thought of the police officers who put on Dick's costumes may act as The Nightwings for a while with Dick being a secondary character in his own book. Such things have happened to Bruce and Selina Kyle numerous times.
    Last edited by Huntsman1117; 11-10-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I hate that I'm just now getting into Nightwing, and this is what happens.