Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
Respect for law enforcement, loving science, loving comic books, and being tardy aren't personality traits. They just sound like descriptions of what a person likes.

He's nice and friendly but so is Superman.

There was the story where he broke Professor Zoom's (don't like him either) neck but then it started that whole trial and that just dragged on. I can only imagine what it was like for someone reading it when it first happened.

I think with Hal it's due to the Superfriends much like Aquaman. He didn't do much in that show and that's the version most people have seen. In the comics he was more lively at least. Didn't care for Johns's take on him though. Much like with his take on Aquaman, it came off like he overreacted to the fans who didn't like either character and in trying to show "see this is why these characters matter" he ends up proving said critics right.

I've never seen Attack on Titan so can't comment on how the characters but from what I've heard being in the middle of war while being attacked by beings you can barely comprehend is going to fuck with your emotions. The angst would be reasonable in that case but maybe it's like a lot of anime these days where each character is some sort of cliche.
Don't know about that. His take on Aquaman actually seems to have won more people over than not.