Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Kenshiro in the following classic FPS games

Kenshiro enters the following settings of each FPS game:

1) Wolfenstein 3D (can include all modern games if necessary)
    2) Doom (and Doom 64)
    3) Heretic (and Hexen)
    4) Duke Nukem
    5) Shadow Warrior
    6) Blood
    7) Marathon
    8) Strife
    9) Quake
    10) Half-Life

How far does he get in each setting? Let's assume BOTH gameplay mechanics and whatever backstory or lore the games have.

I would imagine he absolutely breezes his way through every single one...

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, he should be fine. There's nothing here that's actually scary to him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ken wrecks shop.

Wait, no Halo!? :P

Yeah he's got this
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

I'm surprised you guys didn't even answer each scenario, since some of these games have giant robots and stuff and plus the aliens from Marathon I heard are quite scary as well as Half-Life (the final boss especially). Quake and Blood has immortal eldritch abominations from so many dimensions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Wait, no Halo!? :P

Yeah he's got this
    Halo is not a classic 90's FPS game. So it's not in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    I'm surprised you guys didn't even answer each scenario, since some of these games have giant robots and stuff and plus the aliens from Marathon I heard are quite scary as well as Half-Life (the final boss especially). Quake and Blood has immortal eldritch abominations from so many dimensions.
    Well, to be a little more specific from a Kenshiro perspective. Minor caveat, I don't know Strife, Blood or Marathon at all so this might be a little broad.

However, Kenshiro is astronomically faster than stronger than any of the protagonists in the games we are discussing. Ergo, if Doom Guy can kill his way through Doom without a problem, Kenshiro can do it even easier.

Kenshiro can kill anything with a somewhat conventional human physiology by touching it, he can punch hard enough to fell skyscrapers, he can shoot death lasers from his hands and is durable enough to ignore buildings falling on him.

I don't see anything presenting him with problems. If Gordon Freeman can make it through Half Life, Kenshiro is going to do it even easier.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Not trying to argue about its validity, but I'm just curious: Did the skyscraper thing happen in the comics? Because I cannot, for the life of me, remember it. Then again, the Fist of the North Star comics are like a fever dream anyway, so it's entirely likely I've forgotten.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Not trying to argue about its validity, but I'm just curious: Did the skyscraper thing happen in the comics? Because I cannot, for the life of me, remember it. Then again, the Fist of the North Star comics are like a fever dream anyway, so it's entirely likely I've forgotten.
    The specific skyscraper feat, to my recollection, did not happen in the original comics. It's from the movie which is largely a condensed retelling of the normal story from the first arc up until Kenshiro's first fight with Raoh.

General consensus given Kenshiro's other strength and durability feats mean that it's not outside his capacities. It's just the most iconic one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well, to be a little more specific from a Kenshiro perspective. Minor caveat, I don't know Strife, Blood or Marathon at all so this might be a little broad.

However, Kenshiro is astronomically faster than stronger than any of the protagonists in the games we are discussing. Ergo, if Doom Guy can kill his way through Doom without a problem, Kenshiro can do it even easier.

Kenshiro can kill anything with a somewhat conventional human physiology by touching it, he can punch hard enough to fell skyscrapers, he can shoot death lasers from his hands and is durable enough to ignore buildings falling on him.

I don't see anything presenting him with problems. If Gordon Freeman can make it through Half Life, Kenshiro is going to do it even easier.
    Eh I read from guys who played the game that the protagonist of Marathon becomes the embodiment of destiny at the end of the Marathon trilogy where even the Big Crunch doesn't kill him. But you said you don't know Marathon, so I'll leave you be on that one.

And at the end of Doom II, wasn't the Icon of Sin's death supposed to have resulted in all of Hell itself being destroyed with only Doomguy surviving? And do keep in mind, a Cyberdemon and a Spider Mastermind aren't exactly incapable of killing Doomguy either.

And in half-life, there's the Combine who can travel between multiple universes and stuff. And there's G-Man, who can reality warp.

Eh I read from guys who played the game that the protagonist of Marathon becomes the embodiment of destiny at the end of the Marathon trilogy where even the Big Crunch doesn't kill him. But you said you don't know Marathon, so I'll leave you be on that one.
    I mean, that sounds like there's a lot of context on that. Assuming Kenshiro takes the place of the lead character, whom I assume begins as somewhat conventional FPS protagonist, he should be able to achieve the same thing.

And at the end of Doom II, wasn't the Icon of Sin's death supposed to have resulted in all of Hell itself being destroyed with only Doomguy surviving? And do keep in mind, a Cyberdemon and a Spider Mastermind aren't exactly incapable of killing Doomguy either.
    Kenshiro is capable of killing the Doomguy and the Cyberdemon without issue. Remember, he's like a hundred times faster and stronger than the Doomguy. Anything Doomguy can do, Kenshiro can do better and more easily.

And in half-life, there's the Combine who can travel between multiple universes and stuff. And there's G-Man, who can reality warp.
    ...? Yes, those are things that exist. The premise of the thread seems to be can Kenshiro take the place of Gordon Freeman and achieve the same level of success. The answer is a resounding yes.

I'm surprised you guys didn't even answer each scenario
    I didn't really feel the need, as the outcome really is as obvious as "could Spider-Man make it through Streets of Rage?" or "could Wally West make it through Sonic the Hedgehog 2?"

Kenshiro is exponentially stronger, faster and more skilled than Doomguy, Gordon Freeman, B.J. Blazkowicz, Ranger or any of the other protagonists from the listed games.

If they stand any chance whatsoever of making it through the games - which they obviously do - then Kenshiro does it with ease.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I didn't really feel the need, as the outcome really is as obvious as "could Spider-Man make it through Streets of Rage?" or "could Wally West make it through Sonic the Hedgehog 2?"

Kenshiro is exponentially stronger, faster and more skilled than Doomguy, Gordon Freeman, B.J. Blazkowicz, Ranger or any of the other protagonists from the listed games.

If they stand any chance whatsoever of making it through the games - which they obviously do - then Kenshiro does it with ease.
    Well to be fair, my thread wasn't intended to simply only be what if character X played through the game universes the same way a player controlling the original protagonist would, but how Ken would fare against each entire universes when taking into account their lore. Keep in mind there are characters that the main protagonists either don't beat through traditional means (using the environment) or don't exactly fight yet are part of the conflict like the W'rkncacnter for example. Of course I don't know ALL of these FPS games myself personally, but...
    Last edited by Adrian Fomble; 11-08-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Well to be fair, my thread wasn't intended to simply only be what if character X played through the game universes the same way a player controlling the original protagonist would, but how Ken would fare against each entire universes when taking into account their lore. Keep in mind there are characters that the main protagonists either don't beat through traditional means (using the environment) or don't exactly fight yet are part of the conflict. Of course I don't know ALL of these FPS games myself personally, but...
    Hokay. Given how you're reaching toward weird esoteric lore stuff, this feels a little like you want to try and see Kenshiro lose against FPS games.

In any case, this is less; "Kenshiro has to go through the main plot of these games as if he were the protagonist," and more "Kenshiro now exists in the setting of these games, does that effect things?"

Well, to speak to the games that I think I have decent enough idea of their lore to speculate about:

- Half Life: If Kenshiro is at the Black Mesa, presumably on the scientists side, then the Xen incursion goes very poorly for the Xen Homeworld. Equally things go very badly for the military black ops teams that are sent to silent things. Kenshiro carves a bloody path through whatever gets in his way and, presumably, helps Gordon kill Nihilanth whereupon they would both be picked up by G Man. As of the second game, Kenshiro again wrecks the curve of the verse very badly so... while he provides a distraction for Gordon to go off and find the Black Mesa alumni, Kenshiro kills his way into the citadel and probably kills the head scientist guy. What kind of response this would prompt from the Xen homeworld would probably mirror the destruction at the start of episode 1 but Kenshiro has no reason to flee so I guess he fights whatever comes out of the portal? A lot of dying happens. Kenshiro likely replaces Gordon in the Xen culture as the messianic figure.

- Doom: Kenshiro and Doomguy kill literally everything they encounter. This one is very simple.

- Duke Nukem: Kenshiro and Duke kill everything. Kenshiro probably kills Duke as well because he's kind of a prick but again, mostly simple.

I don't know the lore of Quake well enough to comment.

- Shadow Warrior: Lo Wang and Kenshiro kill everyone...? I'm noticing a pattern here.

So... I mean, the thing about Kenshiro is that he only really cares about Yuria, the destiny of Hokuto Shinken and protecting the innocent. Even if he's not directly present in the events of the games themselves, I imagine hell opening up on earth - a la Doom - would prompt him to just start murdering demons until he found a way to stop them from coming to earth and hurting people. I mean, Doomguy/Doom Slayer carved himself into the legend of demons as an unstoppable killing machine. Kenshiro is like that but a thousand times worse because he's stronger, faster, more durable and is a master assassin with a bunch of esoteric powers.