Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hokay. Given how you're reaching toward weird esoteric lore stuff, this feels a little like you want to try and see Kenshiro lose against FPS games.

In any case, this is less; "Kenshiro has to go through the main plot of these games as if he were the protagonist," and more "Kenshiro now exists in the setting of these games, does that effect things?"

Well, to speak to the games that I think I have decent enough idea of their lore to speculate about:

- Half Life: If Kenshiro is at the Black Mesa, presumably on the scientists side, then the Xen incursion goes very poorly for the Xen Homeworld. Equally things go very badly for the military black ops teams that are sent to silent things. Kenshiro carves a bloody path through whatever gets in his way and, presumably, helps Gordon kill Nihilanth whereupon they would both be picked up by G Man. As of the second game, Kenshiro again wrecks the curve of the verse very badly so... while he provides a distraction for Gordon to go off and find the Black Mesa alumni, Kenshiro kills his way into the citadel and probably kills the head scientist guy. What kind of response this would prompt from the Xen homeworld would probably mirror the destruction at the start of episode 1 but Kenshiro has no reason to flee so I guess he fights whatever comes out of the portal? A lot of dying happens. Kenshiro likely replaces Gordon in the Xen culture as the messianic figure.

- Doom: Kenshiro and Doomguy kill literally everything they encounter. This one is very simple.

- Duke Nukem: Kenshiro and Duke kill everything. Kenshiro probably kills Duke as well because he's kind of a prick but again, mostly simple.

I don't know the lore of Quake well enough to comment.

- Shadow Warrior: Lo Wang and Kenshiro kill everyone...? I'm noticing a pattern here.

So... I mean, the thing about Kenshiro is that he only really cares about Yuria, the destiny of Hokuto Shinken and protecting the innocent. Even if he's not directly present in the events of the games themselves, I imagine hell opening up on earth - a la Doom - would prompt him to just start murdering demons until he found a way to stop them from coming to earth and hurting people. I mean, Doomguy/Doom Slayer carved himself into the legend of demons as an unstoppable killing machine. Kenshiro is like that but a thousand times worse because he's stronger, faster, more durable and is a master assassin with a bunch of esoteric powers.
    I imagine the main problem that Kenshiro would encounter in Doom Hell is starving, exhaustion, or dying of old age. As far as we can glean from Doom's it's an infinite plane filled with demons that connects to various realities that it tries to invade.

Doomguy literally feeds off killing Demons and is immortal so he can keep it up.

Of course maybe Kenshiro can poke his aging away.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm trying to figure out how Kenshiro would deal with being in The Unfinished Swan, which is technically an FPS.

So the thread starter wants a Kenshiro some how in the lore of said games? That still means he is king fu murder God and yeah, he aces everything.

Now if you just turned Ken into a normal dude who only knows king fu and his stuff is not op. That defeats the purpose.

Because yeah Kenshiro, as on the real one, murderstomps everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    So the thread starter wants a Kenshiro some how in the lore of said games? That still means he is king fu murder God and yeah, he aces everything.

Now if you just turned Ken into a normal dude who only knows king fu and his stuff is not op. That defeats the purpose.

Because yeah Kenshiro, as on the real one, murderstomps everything.
    but the final boss of Half-Life though, that guy seemed huge and incorporeal and could interdimensionally travel. and plus does kenshiro have any ranged attacks?

Kenshiro is a Shounen Jimp Star. Of course he has chi lasers that he can use to pressure point people from afar or used his Could Nabto to carve said target up nicely.

Astonishing Member

I'd ask how well Kenshiro deals with psychic attacks but then I remembered it's Kenshiro so the answer's probably 'Pretty damned well'.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd ask how well Kenshiro deals with psychic attacks but then I remembered it's Kenshiro so the answer's probably 'Pretty damned well'.
    He has already read your mind.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    but the final boss of Half-Life though, that guy seemed huge and incorporeal and could interdimensionally travel. and plus does kenshiro have any ranged attacks?
    Nihilanth is a big floating baby thing that shoots energy out of his head. While the majority of his body is, in gameplay terms, invulnerable - the top of his head is a big old weak spot. Ken just has to dodge the energy blasts, which he can easily do, jump up onto his head and smash the weak point.

Also, yes. He has ranged options. Tenha Kassatsu and Hokuto Goshou-ha as well as all the Nanto Seiken techniques he absorbed.

To be accurate the answer is usually something to the order of "Hokuto Shinken has a 2000 year history. (We have prepared techniques to deal with ____ for generations!)"

In the manga he says it once or twice to explain things like his superhuman strength and insight to different angles of attack, but the anime filler makes it ridiculous.

IIRC he said this before using pressure points on a tank.

I think the deal with the tank was not just pressure points on a tank ( would not be surprised if there were, in said series.)

But that Ken is so damn beastly he destroys tanks in melee.

BANNED

And what about the Quake bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    And what about the Quake bosses?

All I know about that is the first one died via puzzle

But Kenshiro, killed a guy who was powerful enough to one punch so hard, it affected the weather permanently. Which is a feat I think no FPS enemy has.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    ...? Yes, those are things that exist. The premise of the thread seems to be can Kenshiro take the place of Gordon Freeman and achieve the same level of success. The answer is a resounding yes.
    But does he have the MIT level knowledge necessary to hit an on switch? I highly doubt it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    But does he have the MIT level knowledge necessary to hit an on switch? I highly doubt it.
    You doubt the the two thousand year legacy Hokuto Shin Ken!?

Retired Overlord

You doubt the the two thousand year legacy Hokuto Shin Ken!?
    Kenshiro: .....

Door Switch: ....

*Kenshiro rapidly hits the door switch*

Kenshiro: I've stuck your hidden pressure point.....You've already been pressed.

*Door opens with a "nani" before exploding*