Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I also forgot to ask how well does Kenshiro do in space? Cause Marathon takes place in Space, even one level is in an atmosphere where oxygen is devoid.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    I also forgot to ask how well does Kenshiro do in space? Cause Marathon takes place in Space, even one level is in an atmosphere where oxygen is devoid.
    Kenshiro hasn't been to space.

There's a basic technique in Hokuto Shinken that allows the user to hold their breath for ten minutes and he's /very/ fast.

I assume the protagonist got a space suit or something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kenshiro hasn't been to space.

There's a basic technique in Hokuto Shinken that allows the user to hold their breath for ten minutes and he's /very/ fast.

I assume the protagonist got a space suit or something?
    Well technically the protagonist of Marathon, The Security Officer, is a cyborg implanted with battle armor forged by Jjaro technology.

Well technically the protagonist of Marathon, The Security Officer, is a cyborg implanted with battle armor forged by Jjaro technology.
    I see, well, depending on the environments he comes up against, Kenshiro may have some problems.

I wouldn't be shocked if he could do it. Ten minutes minimum (as in even total scrubs of Hokuto Shinken can do this), his performance in the fight against Kaioh wherein the environment they were fighting in was so toxic that he couldn't take a breath throughout the majority of the fight and his ridiculous footspeed when he wants to move. He might have a shot depending on the complexity of the level without air.

YEah Kens breath technique and speed with his stuff.. should be able to speed blitz said level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I see, well, depending on the environments he comes up against, Kenshiro may have some problems.

I wouldn't be shocked if he could do it. Ten minutes minimum (as in even total scrubs of Hokuto Shinken can do this), his performance in the fight against Kaioh wherein the environment they were fighting in was so toxic that he couldn't take a breath throughout the majority of the fight and his ridiculous footspeed when he wants to move. He might have a shot depending on the complexity of the level without air.
    I wouldn't be shocked if Kenshiro discovered a series of pressure points he could use on his own body to essentially turn himself into a human tardigrade to allow him to survive in basically any environment he needs to, regardless of how extreme.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

BANNED

End of Manga Ken punched his way into a nuclear fallout shelter to get to his nephew, so, unless the armour in question is tougher than a nukeproof bunker...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    End of Manga Ken punched his way into a nuclear fallout shelter to get to his nephew, so, unless the armour in question is tougher than a nukeproof bunker...
    The armor was forged by a mysterious alien race that have tech capable of destroying stars and moving planets, sooo....

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The armor was forged by a mysterious alien race that have tech capable of destroying stars and moving planets, sooo....
    That doesn't actually speak to how tough the armor was, though.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah considering it was a FPS something tells me either not detailed what the cyborg faces or for plot everything could magically hurt him despite voodoo tech.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That doesn't actually speak to how tough the armor was, though.
    I know, but just saying how strong the tech in that universe (what's the strongest tech Kenshiro has) and it was a response to Nik's response to my question of how Kenshiro would fare in space?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I know, but just saying how strong the tech in that universe (what's the strongest tech Kenshiro has) and it was a response to Nik's response to my question of how Kenshiro would fare in space?
    It looked like it was in response to T51R's comment about how hard Ken hits, to me.

It's what you quoted, anyway. Hence, my comment.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

How tough is the power armor and enemy weapobary is question now?

Dude it’s Fist of the North Star. The tech is basically recycled stuff so a Mad Max tech level with super martial arts. I mean hell the most popular fire arm is cross bows/bows and arrows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It looked like it was in response to T51R's comment about how hard Ken hits, to me.

It's what you quoted, anyway. Hence, my comment.
    Yeah but this isn't Ken vs the Security Officer, it's how he would do in Marathon if he replaced him in the game? And I mentioned one level that takes place in a "vacuum" on a station of course.

Yeah but this isn't Ken vs the Security Officer, it's how he would do in Marathon if he replaced him in the game? And I mentioned one level that takes place in a "vacuum" on a station of course.
    Yeah, and I said that isn't a deal breaker. Kenshiro can go for extended periods without breathing and is really fast. He might well be fine.

How complex is the level?