Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    Yeah but this isn't Ken vs the Security Officer, it's how he would do in Marathon if he replaced him in the game? And I mentioned one level that takes place in a "vacuum" on a station of course.
    This doesn't at all address what I was saying. Perhaps I need to clarify.

T51R said:

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    End of Manga Ken punched his way into a nuclear fallout shelter to get to his nephew, so, unless the armour in question is tougher than a nukeproof bunker...
    Emphasis mine.

In direct response to which, you said...

The armor was forged by a mysterious alien race that have tech capable of destroying stars and moving planets, sooo....
    Which doesn't tell us anything direct as to whether the armor is tougher than a nukeproof bunker.

Hence, my comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That doesn't actually speak to how tough the armor was, though.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

This doesn't at all address what I was saying. Perhaps I need to clarify.

T51R said:

Emphasis mine.

In direct response to which, you said...

Which doesn't tell us anything direct as to whether the armor is tougher than a nukeproof bunker.

Hence, my comment:
    Well I know what you said, sir, but I was just telling you how insane the tech those aliens have as an idea for what kind of world Kenshiro is in. As for how strong the armor is, hmmm... I'm not sure. I need to play the game more or look up more threads.

Edit: Okay just did a bit of research on Google and Security Officer's armor with Jjaro implants help him become immune to time paradoxes. Though physically he can tank rockets and long falls that can kill humans.
    Last edited by Adrian Fomble; 11-21-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Well I know what you said, sir, but I was just telling you how insane the tech those aliens have as an idea for what kind of world Kenshiro is in.
    Which I understand, but the answer still said nothing as to how tough the armor happened to be.

As for how strong the armor is, hmmm... I'm not sure. I need to play the game more or look up more threads.
    Okay, good stuff.

Okay just did a bit of research on Google and Security Officer's armor with Jjaro implants help him become immune to time paradoxes. Though physically he can tank rockets and long falls that can kill humans.
    There's a good start.

Okay then; clearly, physically speaking, Ken can still pretty easily tear apart that armor.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Which I understand, but the answer still said nothing as to how tough the armor happened to be.

Okay, good stuff.

There's a good start.

Okay then; clearly, physically speaking, Ken can still pretty easily tear apart that armor.
    But again my thread isn't to pit Ken against Security Officer or any of the FPS heroes, but rather taking each of their places in their respective games lmao.

Unless there is some MAJOR juicy tidbit of lore I haven't found in an ancient handbook or something, Kenshiro should comfortably tear the Marathon Protagonist to pieces.

Edit: Oh yeah, its Ken vs the game itself.

I dont remember anything that can stop him. The vacuum levels have certain doors and things that need a key to open iirc, but Ken should be strong enough to just smash an entrance
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

But again my thread isn't to pit Ken against Security Officer or any of the FPS heroes, but rather taking each of their places in their respective games lmao.
    I feel like I'm being ignored. Am I being ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, and I said that isn't a deal breaker. Kenshiro can go for extended periods without breathing and is really fast. He might well be fine.

How complex is the level?
    So yeah? Any thoughts?

Kenshiro is massively superfast, doesn't need to breath for a minimum of at least ten minutes and has a track record of having extended fights in an area where he could not breath and did fine.

I don't think this level is going to be too much of an issue.

Then I am unsure as to why you and T51R are having the discussion to begin with, but hey, that's your business. I was addressing the lack of evidence in your digression into that area. ^_^
    Why are we here?

So yeah? Any thoughts?

Kenshiro is massively superfast, doesn't need to breath for a minimum of at least ten minutes and has a track record of having extended fights in an area where he could not breath and did fine.

I sort of addressed it, if that helps. It's complex enough for the restrictions of the games main character, but super speed and jumping on the level of Ken? Plus busting down key required doors or intangibility?

I would be shocked if it took him more than 10 minutes to clear those levels. The whole game can be speed ran irl in 30 minutes for example. Of course that may involve glitch exploits
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I sort of addressed it, if that helps. It's complex enough for the restrictions of the games main character, but super speed and jumping on the level of Ken? Plus busting down key required doors or intangibility?

I would be shocked if it took him more than 10 minutes to clear those levels. The whole game can be speed ran irl in 30 minutes for example. Of course that may involve glitch exploits
    Many thanks Arby! ^_^

BANNED

So yeah? Any thoughts?

This is what THAT level is comprised of:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Unless there is some MAJOR juicy tidbit of lore I haven't found in an ancient handbook or something, Kenshiro should comfortably tear the Marathon Protagonist to pieces.
    But I heard at the end of the third and final game, he survives the Big Crunch and becomes the embodiment of destiny on a universal quantum level:
    http://marathon.bungie.org/story/_im...inalscreen.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, its Ken vs the game itself.

I dont remember anything that can stop him. The vacuum levels have certain doors and things that need a key to open iirc, but Ken should be strong enough to just smash an entrance
    There's the W'rncacktner or something who are chaotic entities that disrupt the universe just by existing. But then again this thread is just about going through the same levels and enemies Security Officer went through.

: Sees vid.:

Kenshiro could use his air breath hold and exotic ki to murder the hell out of everything and he can move fast enough for after images.

Level- speed blitz.

This is what THAT level is comprised of:
    In like the first minute of this video, the guy comments that the player character can go to an oxygen recharge point and has to do so to restock his oxygen to stay alive. He then proceeds to go there in like 15 seconds of walking.

This is zero problem for Kenshiro.

Mighty Member

I barely know anything about Kenshiro besides the fact that he's so crazy-stupid-fast-powerful that if you're weaker than the Silver Surfer you might as well just throw up your hands and die already. this just looked like a spite thread to me... unless I'm overestimating Kenshiro's abilities. I figured even Freeza would have to work hard to bet "Kenny".

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I barely know anything about Kenshiro besides the fact that he's so crazy-stupid-fast-powerful that if you're weaker than the Silver Surfer you might as well just throw up your hands and die already. this just looked like a spite thread to me... unless I'm overestimating Kenshiro's abilities. I figured even Freeza would have to work hard to bet "Kenny".
    Nah, he's tough but not THAT tough.
    - big_adventure