Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Keep in mind most of the Shaprio stuff are from Q&A's and not actual debates. He and these kids are not on an even playing field, so it's probably easy for him to keep his cool knowing that he's getting the last word regardless. Also, I think Ben is full of bullcrap on most subjects. The only thing enlightening about these clips how smug Ben is even when he's completely wrong.

Crowder did everything he could think of to try and throw the kid ( Yusef?) off his game including getting the young man's personal space. Crowder was clearly frustrated because the guy understood the subject way better than Crowder. Yusef kept his cool and even called him out on it at the end of the clip, "I think you're just getting mad because you're losing the debate."

The big thing I noticed is that the kid never really got to finish a point he was making because the other guy controlled the mike and kept interrupting and controlling the exchange.
    Superman was a beacon to the world.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The big thing I noticed is that the kid never really got to finish a point he was making because the other guy controlled the mike and kept interrupting and controlling the exchange.
    That's pretty typical of pundits or people who favor authoritarianism.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Marvel 2-in-1, Shuri, Conan the Barbarian
    DC Comics: The Dreaming, House of Whispers, Lucifer, The Books of Magic, The Green Lantern
    Lion Forge: Rolled and Told
    IDW: Rick and Morty vs. Dungeons and Dragons

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

Pokemon Go Trainer Code:

3567 1784 8702

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Keep in mind most of the Shaprio stuff are from Q&A's and not actual debates. He and these kids are not on an even playing field, so it's probably easy for him to keep his cool knowing that he's getting the last word regardless. Also, I think Ben is full of bullcrap on most subjects. The only thing enlightening about these clips how smug Ben is even when he's completely wrong.
    Okay interesting. While I do enjoy hearing this Ben dude debate sometimes for the fun of it, but I do think smugness, while entertaining to see it displayed against other annoying or pretentious debaters, can be a very dangerous thing to have in a debate.

Crowder did everything he could think of to try and throw the kid ( Yusef?) off his game including getting the young man's personal space. Crowder was clearly frustrated because the guy understood the subject way better than Crowder. Yusef kept his cool and even called him out on it at the end of the clip, "I think you're just getting mad because you're losing the debate."

Okay that was nice (though I didn't see Crowder get all angry and emotional), but I was hoping to find more examples on the other side of the pond or something less political.

@Things Fall Apart: I notice that your pm inbox is full.