Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Yeah, it must be entertaining to see her interact with Cyclops in Champions. I would not be surprised if he himself recommended her to stay with the Champions.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

spoilers:
    Have not read the issue, but the familial drama could have been reuniting with her mother. In any case it's been a while since Dust has had much story relevance, it's not much of a stretch to imagine her familial situation having changed in that time. Don't get me wrong, without a lot of further elaboration it's most definitely a mistake. But not a terribly difficult one to rectify as a reader.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

It would be nice if Dust stayed with the Champions after the X-Men came back but I have the impression that it will be something brief.

spoilers:
    It's been a few years, Sooraya has been back to Afghanistan a few times, I can buy that she's found her mother since then. ICE couldn't have kept her locked up all this time right?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Whatever happened, it would have to be pretty major for Dust to not be at that battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It would be nice if Dust stayed with the Champions after the X-Men came back but I have the impression that it will be something brief.
    You're right, she's a short term recruit. Zub has said she's there for the next few missions. Probably War of the Realms and the next arc after that. By then the X books will be relaunching, I suspect.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1102415943773446149
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're right, she's a short term recruit. Zub has said she's there for the next few missions. Probably War of the Realms and the next arc after that. By then the X books will be relaunching, I suspect.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1102415943773446149
    relaunching and they likely wont use her. She at least makes for a recognizable background character

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    relaunching and they likely wont use her. She at least makes for a recognizable background character
    Not so fast: if they're going to launch an Academy X book, Dust will probably be there, along with Armor, Glob, and Pixie. Maybe Kid Omega too now that WCA is canceled. She's one of the most recognizable and favorite members of that team.

And given the focus on the NXM kids in Disassembled and the existence of NextGen, they are likely doing this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I’ve loved her for a long time. I hope she still thinks about Jay Guthrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Not so fast: if they're going to launch an Academy X book, Dust will probably be there, along with Armor, Glob, and Pixie. Maybe Kid Omega too now that WCA is canceled. She's one of the most recognizable and favorite members of that team.

And given the focus on the NXM kids in Disassembled and the existence of NextGen, they are likely doing this.
    Marvel has launched numerous teen based mutant books in the past decade. There's no guarantee she will have a leading role anymore than in the past when she is simply a background character. Dust hasnt had much of even a supporting role since Young X-men. She isnt the go to teen X-men that they tend to trump out like Anole, Quentin, Pixie or Armor
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-06-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Which might be why they allowed Zub to use her in Champions - to raise her profile. Zub probably got permission to use her and Cyclops at the same time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman