Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Trinary

Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Tempus. Such an interesting character that completely disappeared.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I would imagine that Zub would probably draw from a more recent pool of students than any of the New X-Men/Academy X students. Currently the Champions are all significantly newer creations or have been experiencing a push in the last few years (Amadeus Cho). With the most recent young X-Men book having been the short lived Generation X relaunch, I would guess Nature Girl.

I hope it's Surge but I'm already happy if it's any of the students.

A long time I expect a meeting between Dust and Kamala.

Sounds promising. I'd love to see Idie, Armor, or Pixie in this book. I think a mutant presence in Champions will definitely help this series overall.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Kwannon....

Incredible Member

I'd LOVE for it to be Wind Dancer (if Matt Rosenberg isn't able to use her) or Dani Moonstar, Loa would also be a good fit.

I don't suffer from the Honey Badger hate so wouldn't mind if it were her but it seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kwannon....
    Holy spit yes.

Co-signed.

Dani's a bit busy atm. And she may not wanna be hanging around teens unless she's teaching them. Plus, I think that "Who's your fav teen hero not appearing anywhere?" tweet is a big indicator of who Zub is going for. And a lot of people chose New X-Men kids, notably Surge...

If it's a cameo for one issue, it would be awesome to have them reach out to Trinary because they need her powers for something.

If it's a character that will become an addition to the team for an arc or more, Gabby is the only one that makes sense. The premise of the Champions is to see what teenage kids would do if they were given the powers of the Avengers. All the characters (except for the Inuit girl) have recognizable powers and that's probably a big part of what helps sell the book. And there is an emphasis on them being a new generation that does things differently so it's got to be a mutant who is still a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I would imagine that Zub would probably draw from a more recent pool of students than any of the New X-Men/Academy X students. Currently the Champions are all significantly newer creations or have been experiencing a push in the last few years (Amadeus Cho). With the most recent young X-Men book having been the short lived Generation X relaunch, I would guess Nature Girl.
    If you listen to the X-editors then most of the New X-Men are still teenagers so they aren't too old for the Champions, X-23 and Prodigy are the only ones to have escaped high school hell

Amadeus Cho is that one creepy 19 year old who hangs out with a bunch of 15 year olds

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    If you listen to the X-editors then most of the New X-Men are still teenagers so they aren't too old for the Champions, X-23 and Prodigy are the only ones to have escaped high school hell

Amadeus Cho is that one creepy 19 year old who hangs out with a bunch of 15 year olds
    While I don't generally pay attention to what editors say*, I don't think it has anything to do with the narrative age of the characters. Most of them were created 15+ years ago, and haven't had consistent starring roles in almost 10. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the exception of Amadeus Cho the entirety of the current Champions team have been created in the past 5 years. I just don't think the NXM characters are going to fall into the pool of consideration, they just aren't fresh enough.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

*Most are just trying to give something fans to ponder over so they'll shut up.

While I don't generally pay attention to what editors say*, I don't think it has anything to do with the narrative age of the characters. Most of them were created 15+ years ago, and haven't had consistent starring roles in almost 10. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the exception of Amadeus Cho the entirety of the current Champions team have been created in the past 5 years. I just don't think the NXM characters are going to fall into the pool of consideration, they just aren't fresh enough.

Zub specifically asked for characters that haven't seen the spotlight in awhile.

Sam Alexander and Miles Morales were introduced in 2011. And while he's not on the current team the new Power Man was introduced in 2010 and is part of the upcoming recruitment drive. So a little more than 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Honey Garbage.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!