Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Sam Alexander and Miles Morales were introduced in 2011. And while he's not on the current team the new Power Man was introduced in 2010 and is part of the upcoming recruitment drive. So a little more than 5 years.
    Fair enough, that does open the window a bit. Still not enough that I think it's likely, but yeah it's a bigger pool than I first thought. Thought Ms. Marvel was around longer than Miles, and Sam for some reason. My bad, so many years worth of comics blending together.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hope? Surge? Dust?

I think any of these ladies are more likely than Idie, Nature Girl, or Honey Badger, though it sounds like Hope's story might be continuing from Exterminated/the X-Mas one shot in X-Force.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If it's a cameo for one issue, it would be awesome to have them reach out to Trinary because they need her powers for something.

If it's a character that will become an addition to the team for an arc or more, Gabby is the only one that makes sense. The premise of the Champions is to see what teenage kids would do if they were given the powers of the Avengers. All the characters (except for the Inuit girl) have recognizable powers and that's probably a big part of what helps sell the book. And there is an emphasis on them being a new generation that does things differently so it's got to be a mutant who is still a teenager.
    Plus it gives Gabby an opportunity to have some developments of her own away from Laura.

Mighty Member

Hope Summers because she desperately needs something to do after her whole Messiah schtick and Extermination event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If it's a cameo for one issue, it would be awesome to have them reach out to Trinary because they need her powers for something.

If it's a character that will become an addition to the team for an arc or more, Gabby is the only one that makes sense. The premise of the Champions is to see what teenage kids would do if they were given the powers of the Avengers. All the characters (except for the Inuit girl) have recognizable powers and that's probably a big part of what helps sell the book. And there is an emphasis on them being a new generation that does things differently so it's got to be a mutant who is still a teenager.
    Trinary is effectively ruled out. They'll be having geographic diversity in this expansion, and Zub's already introducing a new Indian character.

The Inuit girl, Amka Aliyak, aka Snowguard, is effectively Snowbird's legacy character, though Snowbird herself was in Amka's debut arc and the similarity of their powers went unmentioned. The all members are legacy heroes thing will probably be gone in the relaunch.

One thing that definitely isn't changing though, is that they'll be a teen team. If Young Avengers relaunches, as Bleeding Cool reported that Cebulski had said he has plans for (Zub's unaware of any YA plans, for the record), then the YA will be the Titans to the Champions' Teen Titans and Young Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Totally unlikely, but I do hope it is either Bling! or Dust

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Holy spit yes.

Co-signed.
    He brought her back so it would be fitting that he got to use her

Surge, Pixie, Mercury, Wind Dancer.

Pretty please.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Where the Dust brigade at?

Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 75262

Hopefully Surge or Wind Dancer
    One of them have to be an Academy Xer, right? Right???

Hoping for Surge

Cipher would be cool. Or a non-X character.

The 15th Champion is definitely an X girl. There are several non-X characters joining already - Bombshell, teen Falcon, Patriot, Locust, Power Man, and new character Pinpoint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The 15th Champion is definitely an X girl. There are several non-X characters joining already - Bombshell, teen Falcon, Patriot, Locust, Power Man, and new character Pinpoint.
    By non-X character, I meant a mutant who isn’t an X-Man.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

So who’s the X-character? Zub has made me care for these teen characters in ways I never thought I would. I’m genuinely excited for the relaunch.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com