BANNED

Default What would it take for Disney/Marvel to produce Mickey Mouse and Spider-man tale

Honestly what would it take for Disney's mascot to meets Marvel's iconic Friendly Neighborhood superhero in a meeting of a icons and superstars ?

As fans of Spider-man: What do you think of this ?

BANNED

Spider-Ham and Mickey is what's really worth all the $$ in Scrooge's money bin

The only reason I can see why they haven't done it is because Disney are SUPER protective over Mickey's image, so they always want to be extra careful regarding what they do with him. Also I'm not sure exactly what they could do with both of them that wouldn't just be incredibly safe.

Current shorts Mickey and Spider-Ham would be the perfect crossover, two crazy cartoons going at it.

The Jessie crossover in Ultimate Spider-Man pretty much soured me on the idea of Spider-Man teaming up with anything Disney related.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The only reason I can see why they haven't done it is because Disney are SUPER protective over Mickey's image, so they always want to be extra careful regarding what they do with him. Also I'm not sure exactly what they could do with both of them that wouldn't just be incredibly safe.

Current shorts Mickey and Spider-Ham would be the perfect crossover, two crazy cartoons going at it.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Funko Pop figures of Mickey and Pals as different Spider-people from the Spider-verse. Also maybe figurines that aren't made by Funko ?

Anything to promote certain clothing of having Mickey alongside the Marvel heroes ? I mean Disney profits from that, right ?

might as well. Make it happen, somebody.

To be honest DC has had fun and wonderful tales of DC and WB characters teaming up making a wide range of working fun and serious tales. They also are doing things with Hanna-Barbera characters now.

I think once more we the fans need to let go a bit of how overprotective we are of characters just as Disney is with Mickey (Donald and Goofy have a better chance just like how Mickey was missing in the first Kingdom Hearts game till the ending due to how overprotective and uncertain Disney was in the game till it proved how well received and made it was to jump start a franchise).

Hopefully the writers and artists have a great tale for the various characters and we might enjoy the. If it's canon (most likely not), one issue or more, and many other factors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    To be honest DC has had fun and wonderful tales of DC and WB characters teaming up making a wide range of working fun and serious tales. They also are doing things with Hanna-Barbera characters now.

I think once more we the fans need to let go a bit of how overprotective we are of characters just as Disney is with Mickey (Donald and Goofy have a better chance just like how Mickey was missing in the first Kingdom Hearts game till the ending due to how overprotective and uncertain Disney was in the game till it proved how well received and made it was to jump start a franchise).

Hopefully the writers and artists have a great tale for the various characters and we might enjoy the. If it's canon (most likely not), one issue or more, and many other factors.

One of the problems with the DC and Hanna/Barbara tales is that their stories don’t have the characters in their iconic classic animated forms and made them more realistic to the point that it even creeps me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    One of the problems with the DC and Hanna/Barbara tales is that their stories don’t have the characters in their iconic classic animated forms and made them more realistic to the point that it even creeps me out.
    For me it was the opposite. Seeing Elmer Fudd in the Batman gritty style made him look badass (plus Tom King made a fantastic short fun story and the battle between Batman and Fudd then team up was great) meanwhile for the Catwoman series with Sylvester and Tweety looking realistic just made them more hilarious (definitely Tweety whom they captured his annoying yet humorous side) to me as the crazy events went on and a nice mix up of partners in the end (Catwoman having Tweety as a side kick and Black Canary having Sylvester as a bandmate.

With one or two exceptions the Hanna-Barbera mash up tales hasn't hit that same greatness or fun that the DC and Looney Tunes mashup tales have captured but might still happen by some writers and artists.

As always personal options, quality, and great execution is the goal. With the fun I had with DC and Looney Tunes and being a big Marvel and Disney fan I would love if they could capture the same magic, epicness, and fun by their writers and artists somehow. I would collect those issues (my wallet will hate me).

That said for Spider-man this topic is about Mickey Mouse but what other characters from Disney can people see having a good mashup with for Spider-man (and since this is a Spider forum what other Spider characters/spin offs with what Disney characters or created places for them to be in like for example Gwen/Spider-Woman/Ghost-Spider depending on what her new powers are that will influenced the name maybe The Haunted Mansion being the location or one of them where the events of the issue happens and has a mashup/team up/battle/other with ??? Disney character(s))

Mighty Member

I think it was Amazing Spider -Man Annual 4 (1966) that showed other comics characters as Spidey: Charlie Brown, Archie, Dick Tracy, and Mickey Mouse!