Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I love this thread! Thank you guys for sharing your fave Superman moments and stories. I'm glad others love him as much as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    Man of Steel and Justice League

I don't care that it seems 99% of the Internet believes them to be garbage. In my opinion, these two films are better than all of the MCU (with the exception of Captain America: the Winter Soldier).

When I exited the theater after seeing MoS and JL, my family tells me that on both occasions I was smiling so much that it looked like someone had dosed me with Joker venom.

According to my family, I still tend to "split open [my] face" with joy whenever we rewatch them on ITunes.

I honestly understand why you feel that way. I have a similar feeling whenever I watch them. The first time I saw Man of Steel I was pretty impressed. I cried when when Clark flew for the first time and was in awe during the whole Jor-El speech. A MOS sequel or another Superman movie needs more scenes like that. Pure joy and cinema magic, IMO.

And the first time I saw Justice League I wasn't disappointed. I liked it and the ending had me with a grin in my face and ready for a sequel and more solo movies for all the characters. The second time I liked it even more. Yes, it wasn't perfect but I really enjoyed seeing all the characters together in live action for the very first time ever. I really loved that part and most of the humor. I felt the movie had heart even tho it wasn't as epic as it should have been.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

As I have probably mentioned on occasion, I'm a big proponent of Superman III, MoS, BvS, and JL. I think they're the most fun superhero movies and people who come over my house will eventually see them all. I also like Crisis on Two Earths and All Star as my favorite animated superhero movies.

Thinking about how much I love the pre Birthright Superman, as I consider 2003 the pre flashpoint line, I have to say that one scene that sums up the difference to me comes from my favorite jump on point, Action 643:

Every once in a while you can play that old phrase straight, but it still takes guts.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm currently rereading the entire "The Man Of Steel" post crisis run spearheaded by John Byrne. I've read through the first four volumes today. Very nostalgic. I listened to John Williams and Hans Zimmer's scores whilst doing so. It was pretty cool!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

All Star
    World’s Finest
    Christopher Reeve
    Krypto
    Ivan Reis (among others)

This. All of it. Happy Valentine's y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The Mechanical Monsters from the Fliesher Superman cartoons is simply amazing...

Morrison & Quitely's All Star Superman is simply unsurpassed as far as the comics go...
    GREAT with beautiful hand drawn roto-scope rendering technique with animation that is nearly 80 years old Max and Dave really knew their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If you edited the &*%# out of Superman Returns into a 40 minute episode of Superman being awesome, it's great. But it falls apart completely whenever it tries to tell a story.
    One of the greatest scenes of ALL TIME of any movie!

There is just so many Superman moments but here is a great Film Noir fight scene.