Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I thought it was alright, better than the first issue (with #3 being my favourite so far). I'm not sure if I like MeMe a lot, or not at all. I do like the art though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Fantomex ruined the issue.
    ruins most issues he's in*
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    BIG Fantomex fan; but didn't love how he was written issue #1 (dropped the series after that).

QUESTION: would a "classic" Fantomex fan enjoy this issue? A lot of those saying "I really liked him this issue" seemed to not have enjoyed him previously; which makes me worried he's changed/not the same.
    A classic fan most likely would not recognize/ know what is wrong if they did not follow him through UXF vl2...first off, congrats to tha., He and his other 2 brain person (s), Cluster/Darkmex were horrid. Unknown if he is still divided by 3...he seemed fine in A+X but continuity has been line-wide sloppy. This would be a good series to read him in though, he has more character, more chatty than ever, and he is being given a possible agenda and some humility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    BIG Fantomex fan; but didn't love how he was written issue #1 (dropped the series after that).

QUESTION: would a "classic" Fantomex fan enjoy this issue? A lot of those saying "I really liked him this issue" seemed to not have enjoyed him previously; which makes me worried he's changed/not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    A classic fan most likely would not recognize/ know what is wrong if they did not follow him through UXF vl2...first off, congrats to tha., He and his other 2 brain person (s), Cluster/Darkmex were horrid. Unknown if he is still divided by 3...he seemed fine in A+X but continuity has been line-wide sloppy. This would be a good series to read him in though, he has more character, more chatty than ever, and he is being given a possible agenda and some humility.
    I liked Fanto when he was new, and back in UXM when he'd show up, like in the sewers on whatever that mission was, etc. and started to dislike him gradually during UXF and by v2 didn't care anymore (the personality split mostly).

The way he's written in this new XF is like comic relief. He's very silly and everyone is eyerolling or literally facepalming at him. He's unrecognisable to the character I had grown to like early on. He's comic relief now, and I don't mind it, but it's very different. That being said, if he was a brand new character starting with this series (the way he's written in it), I'd like him.

So in my opinion 1. Yes a classic fan could enjoy this, but 2. only if they're okay with a brand new portrayal, which I was because I had become really unhappy with the character. This is a step up from Cluster/Dark Fanto for me.
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

I thought he was comic relief (and sexual fantasy) even under Morrison's pen.

Amazing Member

I went back and read UXM with Fantomex and I loved the character. I thought he was great, but after they cloned him and split him in three, he's been horrible. I don't find him funny at all.

I actually loved this issue and the explanation of what's going on with Fantomex. Explains perfectly why he's so annoying and overcompensating these days. And I really enjoyed Molina's artwork here. His Cable is BEASTMODE:

My only nitpicks are that his right arm should be hairier and the eyepatch still sucks. Otherwise it's perfect. Molina really captured the bulk and size of the character and made him look like the intimidating badass that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My only nitpicks are that his right arm should be hairier and the eyepatch still sucks. Otherwise it's perfect. Molina really captured the bulk and size of the character and made him look like the intimidating badass that he is.

I agree though... Cable doesn't strike me as a guy that manscapes.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I agree though... Cable doesn't strike me as a guy that manscapes.
    Psh, what's the point of having futuristic tech if you can't use it to manscape. Underneath the clothes Cable's smooth and shiny like a dolphin.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Psh, what's the point of having futuristic tech if you can't use it to manscape. Underneath the clothes Cable's smooth and shiny like a dolphin.
    He never used to be. Back in the day he was as hairy as Wolverine. Maybe he's gotten laser hair removal since then. Ha.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Cable was never a guy that seemed that interested in any kind of scaping, though Cable most resembles the Terminator, he's pretty much a cyborg, and Fantomex is a character that's been hyped so much that now even Marvel thinks that he's great and keeps pushing him on us...hopefully they'll figure out that we hate him before long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah Cable was never a guy that seemed that interested in any kind of scaping, though Cable most resembles the Terminator, he's pretty much a cyborg, and Fantomex is a character that's been hyped so much that now even Marvel thinks that he's great and keeps pushing him on us...hopefully they'll figure out that we hate him before long.
    Considering the play with Cable this volume the way he looks may be attributed to the multiple body in the closet/reproducing arm that has been going on. The chest armour makes me think it may be a "Mantech" situation where his body may be robotic and he is only a head now...or the LMD as many assume. Glad he is not psionically overpowered, but I do wish they would give him his powerset back.
    Fantomex in current state will be the new version of a less crazy Deadpool. I think they feel they need the comic relief...and they need the Deadpool type killer so they have both in Fantomex current state. There really aren't a lot of "stone cold killer" characters so I see why they choose to recycle some. I do wish they would write him out and bring Shatterstar into his place though. Star was still funny but he would be better than the current Dick Van Fantomex.
    I'll never like the character, I was pretty tired of him near the end of volume 1, especially the always shirtless with mask and bandages playboy, but having him here doesn't bother me too much.

I hope mechanic EVA bursts out of Fantomx's throat sometime in the future and beats a heffa with her hammer.
    I also hope we see the French supes again. They look like fun.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-04-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Alright, I read the issue and really enjoyed it, even the Fantomex stuff. I'm going to go back, probably today, and re-read the series thus far...