Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    Yep, he posted it on his tumblr, along with some more pretty hysterical commentary about his Fantomex-writing choices.
    Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Best X-Book this week. The art had a huge improvement.
    The art had a huge impact on me Liking this Fantomex specific issue. Normally I hat e"Le Pew", this one I just disliked him some.

Quote of the Week "My Idiot senses are tingling!"

Really nice issue. I don't like or dislike Fantomex, but Spurrier sold it.

Great issue as per usual. Spurrier sure knows what he's doing.

This was a pretty good issue. I'm not totally sold on all of the characters' voices yet. Some of them seem a little off for me. The art was great and it seems like Molina's style is evolving into something pretty special. The only dislike I have is Cable's stupid camo cape, it's so dumb looking.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I went into this issue thinking it might be my last of the series... It just wasn't working for me. But this issue quite impressed me. Not only was the art better, but the writing improved to the point where I actually appreciated Fantomex. the character has never been my cup of tea, but I liked him in this issue, and want to see where he goes from here.

I also really enjoyed seeing Anais and the other Heros de Paris. Obscure characters are always welcome in my books.

Extraordinary Member

So Fanto isn't just a silly egoist, he is a damaged and potentially murderously insane super solidier whose brain has been divided into three parts.

I'm impressed that Suprrier was able to take this revelation and make it fun and humorous, all things considered.

BIG Fantomex fan; but didn't love how he was written issue #1 (dropped the series after that).

QUESTION: would a "classic" Fantomex fan enjoy this issue? A lot of those saying "I really liked him this issue" seemed to not have enjoyed him previously; which makes me worried he's changed/not the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    BIG Fantomex fan; but didn't love how he was written issue #1 (dropped the series after that).

QUESTION: would a "classic" Fantomex fan enjoy this issue? A lot of those saying "I really liked him this issue" seemed to not have enjoyed him previously; which makes me worried he's changed/not the same.
    He is the natural progression from Momo's take. If you like the character,you will love this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    So Fanto isn't just a silly egoist, he is a damaged and potentially murderously insane super solidier whose brain has been divided into three parts.

I'm impressed that Suprrier was able to take this revelation and make it fun and humorous, all things considered.
    Yeah, Spurrier is really killing it on this book and it's apparent that he has a plan here. Every criticism I've had seems to all be part of the plan, such as Fantomex being overly French in terms of his speech and somewhat annoying. Well, dude isn't French and is overcompensating due to having a nervous breakdown. Good stuff.

In Spurrier I trust from here on out. Now give me some revelations about Cable. Need to know what the deal is with my favorite character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-1287

Seems like it has some ties to the reality jumping Weapon X.
    I think it's far more important for being the world the series Strikeforce: Morituri took place in, especialy since those images we see fit more into the alien invasion that the story revolves around.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikeforce:_Morituri

I think the process that can give people super powers might be more interesting for an arms dealer like Volga.

Just hope MeMe and Marrow got the process version which doesn't kill you within a year.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-01-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Is there such a thing as a "classic" Fantomex fan? Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Seriously though, I don't know how Fanto was before but generally I hate it when he is too annoying and too French and I thought this was the right balance.

If by "classic" you mean someone that liked the character Morrison created, then yes. If by "classic" you mean someone that liked the character Remender wrote, probably not, because he's nothing like Gambit anymore.

Interesting issue; not as awesome as last issue but still a great one.

It's great that Spurrier's fleshed out Fantomex. This is not the first time he had a breakdown tho (the orgy Sex scene in UXF v.1) but this is the first time the psychological effect of the split is being developed further.
    Nice to see Fantomex gets constantly trolled for once, especially from his usual annoying and arrogance attitude

Good to see EVA gets some personality, and she seems to be interesting too. Looks like Dark Fantomex keeps the power, Fantomex keeps EVA. Wonder what Cluster got.

I find liking Rock He Kim art more, tho Molina has more clean look and it seems to fit the story in #4.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Loved this issue. Fantomex and Eva were extremely enjoyable
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47