Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Show Me Your Animal Side! Circe Appreciation

A thread dedicated to Circe.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Circe is great! Would love to see her character explored more as a larger threat. They hinted at some of her potential in the Trinity Annual but I would love to see her character expanded.
    Wonderfully Superb

Tynion gets the fickle and ambivalent nature of Circe precisely right in Justice League Dark!

Wonder Woman (2016-) 056-014.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Tynion gets the fickle and ambivalent nature of Circe precisely right in Justice League Dark!

Wonder Woman (2016-) 056-014.jpg
    I really need to catch up on reading this today, because it's a fun take on Circe.

I do have to say that I mis her malevolence though. I kinda loved the dark and twisted love story Rucka gave Ares and Circe in his first run, bringing their godly nuclear family back togethe.

I didn't enjoy Circe with the lilac-colored blowout later writers and artists gave her, but I appreciated the malevolence of the fuchsia-tressed Circe Perez introduced.

Although I'm intrigued by Rucka's second take on her and I'm willing to see how that plays out over a little bit of time. As long as she keeps her edge and doesn't become silly, I'm good.

I liked that they gave her both the New 52 and Rebirth looks. I feel like both suits Circe depending on how she wants to operate. Pleasing Wilson use Circe. I’m enjoying her over in JLD by Tynion, but I really want an arc that tells us what her relationship is with Diana, how she feels about Diana, what she wants, and so on.

I wonder. I would love to see more of Circe in her rebirth style. What has been your favorite Circe?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder. I would love to see more of Circe in her rebirth style. What has been your favorite Circe?
    Hard to say...Personally I have a certain fondness for the golden age Circe who would make declarations like "If I can't have Hippolyta then I will take you!" and "Wonder Woman I will make you mine!" and "Once I have my leash around your neck you will be my pet~" Unsure why exactly. Perhaps nostalgia.

Failing that, I in general enjoy takes on the character which emphasize her as more of an all powerful mystical troll who just enjoys messing with Diana for fun

Well Circe punked Diana and the JLD in the Witching Hour crossover which is freaking great. I loved how Tynion wrote her and I hope he’s got a long term plan for her.

Would you want to see Circe in a Wonder Woman movie?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Would you want to see Circe in a Wonder Woman movie?
    Only if there was a good writer on board and likewise actor who could give her that personality which im having a hard time putting into words

Circe is arguably the best villainess, certainly the most prolific, in all of comics. One of my favorite Circe stories was when she temporarily stole Diana's powers/role and wanted to right the "wrongs" of Man's World in brutal fashion.

I'm shocked it took so long for Circe to get her own appreciation thread on these forums. Still, I'm happy she now has her due.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-02-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well Circe punked Diana and the JLD in the Witching Hour crossover which is freaking great. I loved how Tynion wrote her and I hope he’s got a long term plan for her.
    Indeed, great story overall and great characterization of Circe.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I wonder. We have golden age villains with Ares and Dr.Posion being the first two villains Diana encounters. The sequel is Cheetah. Could Circe be next? Honestly would it be cool to see Dr.Cyber in this sequel?