187. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like all the X-MEN

112 59.89%
  • I like only a couple

75 40.11%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Default Are you a X-MEN fan or a X-MAN fan?

EDIT: I like all the X-MEN = I'll buy X-Book regardless of characters

I like only a couple = I'll buy X-Book only if my specific favorites are in books

I'm curious about this so I added a poll. But I'm wondering I see alot of "I dropped the books because so and so isn't around". Or "im not reading till so and so comes back" etc etc.

So my question is do you like The X-MEN as a whole or are you just a fan of one particular character?

If I had to compare X-MEN to a sport I'd say it's Baseball. Baseball is very tribalistic when it comes to fans. Because they play so many games (162) it's hard for fans to watch their favorite team and keep up with the entire league as well.... So fans stick with one team all summer. I think alot of X-MEN fans are the same way imo. Could be why alot of solos fail... just a theory.

Give your thoughts below muties
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-06-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I don't like ALL the X-Men, but I have read things that didn't had my favorite one, which is inevitable as a Jean Grey fan, and there are a bunch of other characters I love and/or care about too.

This is a very good thought provoking question.

I use to be a very adamant X-Men fan. But so many things have change now that I do think I more of a fan of a select few characters more so than I am of the actual group.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I have a couple of characters that will almost always mean an insta-buy, but anymore, I just don't find myself reading unless something interesting rears its head or there appears to be an actual whiff of character progression going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't like ALL the X-Men, but I have read things that didn't had my favorite one.

Yeah all the X-MEN is a stretch (I like them all and don't have one favorite actually)

But what I mean is like whenever a new book is announced most of the thread is about how the roster sucks and filled with characters the posters don't like. It seems like nobody like anybody except cyclops storm Jean and Rogue
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I care about many but i focus on jean, cyclops and logan. If marvel screws them to much or they don't have a big role in a book i don't follow it.

BANNED

I find it hard to imagine anybody would even know all of the X-Men.

I mean, the whole reason I read most of Extraordinary and still read Gold, is because they're flagship title(I like Gold more than most here, though). None of those two had any of my favourites in them. I guess that makes me an X-Men fan?

To the question if I like all the X-Men, well it's impossible to like all of them. Though I don't really hate anyone. Except Hope Summers maybe. And Eva Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I find it hard to imagine anybody would even know all of the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    To the question if I like all the X-Men, well it's impossible to like all of them. Though I don't really hate anyone. Except Hope Summers maybe. And Eva Bell.
    Don't take it literally. I meant do you like X-MEN regardless of who is in the team book or solo.

BANNED

I like them as a team. My favorite is dead and will continue to be for a long ass time, if I didn't like the team I'd just drop it. Also, if you attach what you read too much to a specific character, you might miss fun stories. And as long as the story doesn't particularly **** on a character I like (looking at you, Extraordinary X-Men) I think stories take priority over characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Don't take it literally. I meant do you like X-MEN regardless of who is in the team book or solo.
    Oh yeah, then I like them. Doesn't really matter who is or isn't on the team. I don't read them just for a few specific characters.

There has to be a middle option between "I like only a couple" and "I like ALL the X-Men" lol.

BANNED

I love a lot of xmen characters and will always support them no matter what.

Like most I wouldn't say I like all the X-men. There's a fair few big-name types whose presence can completely put me off a book at this stage. But there are plenty I love, and an even bigger volume of ones I don't yet have a full-formed opinion on, just waiting for the right treatment to change my mind. I didn't know any of the main cast in Strain's Generation X bar Jubilee (and had heard horror stories of Quentin for years) but they're pretty much all on the favourites now because that book did well by them.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    There has to be a middle option between "I like only a couple" and "I like ALL the X-Men" lol.
    I think the general question is just if you're a fan of the comics in general or only have a few specific characters that keep you interested, not literally between only having one pick or loving every single character ever created.

Me, I've very strongly an "X-Man" fan. When it comes to the comics of the franchise, I only buy and read X-23 stuff.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)