Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Red #10 (spoilers/discussion)

No time for a summary this week, but getting a discussion thread up.

After being just "that was OK" for the last couple of issues, I was delighted with this one. Jean's response to Cassie's villainy was great, and I hope this leads in to her being positioned as the X-Men's new leader (though I wouldn't be opposed to a Jean/Storm/Kitty triumvirate).

This issue was amazing!

It really show the biggest Jean power: bring people together to help. she is great at diplomacy

Little Gabby being a consulting expertise

The Red Dragon

This felt like filler. Im looking forward to a knock down drag oit battle between Nova and Jean Grey, but every single battle Taylor has set up in this series from Jean vs Storm to Jean vs Rachel has been such a dud so issue 11 will likely be anticlimiatic as all the battles in this series.

He keeps going on about how much stronger Jean is but I dont see whst she’s done in this series that she couldnt have done before.

It was a fine issue but I am tired of X-Men wallpapers. This book never needed such a big team. They are useless.

BANNED

I LOVE IT very very fun to read. A few things I didn't like, but other than that this was good. Feels like Red has some hit an miss issues. Some are good some are bad. This was Good. :-)

*Except the Tony Stark Conversating with Trinary* but this was good.

I Want a Magneto Helmet!!!
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-07-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It was a fine issue but I am tired of X-Men wallpapers. This book never needed such a big team.
    That's a criticism I do agree with, at least in part. Namor isn't a member of the team, so much as a justification for the setting. Gambit really doesn't have any reason to be there. But most of the others are present in different books or have been in the spotlight elsewhere for a while, so I don't feel they're particularly being given the short shift for getting less development here.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I LOVE IT very very fun to read. A few things I didn't like, but other than that this was good. Feels like Red has some hit an miss issues. Some are good some are bad. This was Good. :-)

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    You don't have to spoiler-box here. This is the thread to talk about the issue openly.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I thought it was good, until the Magneto helmets. lol Although, it does make sense to use the helmet while going up against a telepath.

How is she waging peace while wearing the helmet of a known villain? The world is watching and will they understand why all the good guys are wearing Magneto's helmet?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

oh my god, i fucking love it
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    No time for a summary this week, but getting a discussion thread up.

After being just "that was OK" for the last couple of issues, I was delighted with this one. Jean's response to Cassie's villainy was great, and I hope this leads in to her being positioned as the X-Men's new leader (though I wouldn't be opposed to a Jean/Storm/Kitty triumvirate).
    Haven't read it yet but these first few replies are encouraging!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That's a criticism I do agree with, at least in part. Namor isn't a member of the team, so much as a justification for the setting. Gambit really doesn't have any reason to be there. But most of the others are present in different books or have been in the spotlight elsewhere for a while, so I don't feel they're particularly being given the short shift for getting less development here.

You don't have to spoiler-box here. This is the thread to talk about the issue openly.
    Sorry, my Bad I forgot. But I want a Magneto Helmet. JEAN where is Mine

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I thought it was good, until the Magneto helmets. lol Although, it does make sense to use the helmet while going up against a telepath.

How is she waging peace while wearing the helmet of a known villain? The world is watching and will they understand why all the good guys are wearing Magneto's helmet?
    This pacifist Jean Grey taylor is writing is pretty lame. He forgets that Jean isnt always a pacifist if something threatens those she cares about. She has a hot streak that I just dont get from Taylor. His Jean “omg this must be dine peacefully crap” is almosy like a caricature.

Ugh Magneto helmets. This is so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Does that mean Dan Slott's taking her into the Iron Man book next year?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Avengers showing up was an "Oh sh-t" moment. I was not expecting that

I appreciate that they let us know that this takes place before Avengers 700. I only wish they would do that with the X-books bc we get no clear indication of when things take place in relation to each other

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

Well, the Avengers are wearing it too.