Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    You're taking that too literally. I don't mean that I saw Iron Man hit a couple of buttons on his 3d printer. I'm saying that came off a bit easy as a solution and the helmets being mass-produced kinda says it was easy as well.

Obviously there won't be 50 Magneto hats in every story with a telepath, so it doesn't matter in any large way, but it seems a bit too easy in the context of the story.
    I don't see why. If anything it is pretty stupid that the X-men don't get stuff like Magneto helmets or power dampeners or other tech mass produced. If such things existed in the real world then we would certainly try to produce more than just 1. Look at cryptocurrency and blockchain. Everyone trying to jump on the hot new wave yet you telling me in a world where people can control minds, no one has ever thought to mass produce telepathy blockers. So really the issue is the solution here, the issue is the comics are largely filled with people that are stupid. The MU should have people with a telepathy blocker app on their phone and ****.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yeah to force them to appear. Cassandra Nova destroyed throne world she has no problem killing a bunch of people and getting more. To her their not equals. Jean has a teleporter can be in two places in a short span of time.

This isn't Cassandra Nova. There's no risk people will believe whatever they want yo believe.

They're obviously one way. Nothing in means nothing out
    Think you are missing the point. We agree she can kill them. You just said how much better Nova thinks she is than others so waiting a week doesn't really matter all that much to her. She is arrogant and cocky. She took the hostages and waited. Oh well.

You can create things that are one way. In fact bitcoin and blockchain technology are based on cryptography that is one way. So the helmet is a piece of tech. You can make it one way if you so chose. In addition, just like you have voice, facial, iris and fingerprinting software designed to just recognize a single person, if you can scan and pinpoint Jean's telepathic signal, it would be easy in a world like the MU to tailor a helmet that only receives her signal.

So really you simply want to presume these things because it suits your narrative. That is your prerogative but in a world where all sorts of impossible things happen, your argument here is just odd.
    Last edited by remydat; 11-09-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.