Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default Weapon X #25 Spoilers / Discussion

A decent chapter, but not as good as the previous three, imo. Mystique was more prominent here, which takes points off of it for me. lol

The Overview.
    spoilers:
    We open with the preview. Weapon X-Force & their comrades open assault on Stryker. Sabretooth believes him to be dead, but Stryker says he's been dead for years. He gets his power from Satan, and he will be back to exact vengeance on Weapon X-Force. Hearing this, all the other mutants, plus Sauron take their leave for Weapon X-Force to deal with Stryker alone.

They need to go into Hell & take down Stryker so he can never come back, which leads Mystique to getting in touch with Azazel. She tries her usual approach, before everyone bursts in & a fight breaks out with Azazel & WXF. And naturally nobody is a match for him. But he's mainly toying with everyone than going for any killing intent. He's familiar with everyone there, even mentioning that he's had many dealings with Monet's family over the years. Creed goes after Azazel, who mentions his banishment from Hell, but it makes him happy Creed will be heading there eventually. Sabretooth explains that they actually want to go to Hell, and Azazel calls him a monster & says he's on his way. Angry, Monet speaks up that Creed has changed. Azazel says he's changed, but not redeemed. Even with his inversion, his evil still remains inside of him & if Creed thinks any of his evil deeds are washed away, he's wrong. This seems to freak Creed out.

Mystique tells Azazel why they need to go to Hell, and he says he'd grant the request if it were just for her. But she has inspired his jealousy when she comes there with another man she's coupled & had children with. Horrified, Mystique tells him to grow up. Sabretooth then smirks & tells him that Mystique knows the real deal when she sees it. And when she doesn't....well, he knows what he's saying. Azazel warns Creed that his jealousy is now wrath & he'll grant his request. He tells Creed to go to Hell before decapitating him. (getting horrid Loeb flashbacks lol)
    end of spoilers

Things were a tad cringey at the beginning. We went back to a cheap comedy route. The second half of the chapter was better. It's interesting to see Azazel again, and his banishment was mentioned. Sabretooth's inversion coming up was good. And Azazel voiced what many complained about regarding the whole thing in the first place. He was almost like the fandom-voice there. Saying Creed has changed, but it's not enough to redeem him, especially when his evil side is still very much there.

I am not a fan of Creed x Mystique. But their relationship coming up here was only natural given Azazel's return. Hopefully Crystique will be resolved & buried next issue with Azazel & Monet back, given both seem to have feelings for Mystique & Creed respectively.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-08-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Fantastic Member

I'm just disappointed that the big villain rumble promised in the last panel of #24 wasn't the entire focus of the issue. Couple pages, then they all dip? Sad trombone.

So is sabertooth dead? Beheading would seem to indicate but who knows.

And does only Creed die, but everyone gets to go to hell lol?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who are those characters helping to fight Stryker??

Airbag I see, same as Deadpool and the Weapon X Force members. The rest no clues
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Im confused, I thought striker was turned in to a robot as a result of the lady who made weapon H, how dose that go to hell power from the devil?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    So is Sabretooth dead? Beheading would seem to indicate but who knows.
    Beheading or drowning has usually been treated as the clear-cut way to murder someone with a healing factor. But he may come back. Daken came back from drowning somehow, and he'll be back again eventually from his current "death."

So I am thinking Sabretooth will be back too. He's been killed once before.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundabz View Post
    And does only Creed die, but everyone gets to go to hell lol?
    Hard to say what's gonna happen. A few different ways for it to go.

Everyone else may get to go to Hell without going through what Creed did.

Then again though, the rest of Weapon X-Force may not go to Hell. Azazel was jealous of Mystique being with Creed. So he definitely may not let her go into Hell with him.

I get the feeling the next issue will be split between Creed struggling in Hell & Weapon X fighting against Azazel for cooperation. Then at the end, he'll grant Monet access into Hell since she was the one who spoke up for Creed this issue. So he'll let her go into & try to help stop Stryker, and possibly save Creed. I only say that given the cover for issue 27.
    Weapon X 27.jpg
    Seems that'll be an issue that gives focus to both of them without the other characters around to interfere.

Oh, and like stated in another thread, this response was accidentally posted in the wrong place. So just adding it to the correct thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Figures they'd kill sabretooth again now that his arch nemesis Wolverine is back amongst the living. Nobody believes he's trying to be a hero except some preppy tart they saddle him with no chemistry between the two other than a few lines of banter. ugh can the poor guy ever catch a break

This issue pleasantly surprised me. I liked seeing Azazel show up and play a role. I know he's not a very popular character, but I think he's a better character than people give him credit for. I hope he continues to play a role in this series. The chemistry between him and Mystique is worth the price.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Im confused, I thought striker was turned in to a robot as a result of the lady who made weapon H, how dose that go to hell power from the devil?
    We saw a bit of his cyborg self at the end of issue 11. But apparently sometime between then & now, he sold his soul to Hell gaining a more powerful cyborg body & powers. Plus the ability to come right back from Hell to exact his revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This issue pleasantly surprised me. I liked seeing Azazel show up and play a role. I know he's not a very popular character, but I think he's a better character than people give him credit for. I hope he continues to play a role in this series. The chemistry between him and Mystique is worth the price.
    I did like how Azazel instantly knew Gail (namedrop for Ms. Simone? lol) was Mystique. Then he wonders why she'd try so hard to spy on him, then not speak to him. I am not the biggest fan of either, but their interactions do tend to be good. Honestly if Destiny is out of the picture forever, I always supported them going for her x Azazel. A twisted relationship with mutual respect for one another's more conniving qualities.

Though Azazel is a giant hypocrite for being jealous of Mystique with Sabretooth, despite all the kids he's got everywhere. lol

So are M and Deadpool just honorary members of the team now or something? Monet I can understand but I’m surprised Wade is still around and wasn’t a one-off thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So are M and Deadpool just honorary members of the team now or something? Monet I can understand but I’m surprised Wade is still around and wasn’t a one-off thing.
    Gotta cash-in on DP. This is the final arc, so they may be trying to go out on a decent enough note and using DP to bring in more fans once the Wolverine left.

Also can't believe I forgot this. But Luca P. shared a sketch from one of the next chapters. And it looks like Sabretooth's head gets stitched back on.

Seems he won't be staying dead / in Hell.

Guessing it's from issue 27, as I can't see him fighting his way out of Hell & coming back all in the next issue.

I didn't like this issue as much as some of the previous ones because I'm not fond of Azazel. I was unhappy that Azazel and Mystique's relationship was brought up. That just drives me bonkers. Otherwise, I felt that issue #25 was fairly solid.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really hope they bring Birdie back after this. Creed still has her blood on his hands.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

She's FAR from the only one whose blood he has on his hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really hope they bring Birdie back after this. Creed still has her blood on his hands.
    So far no on that. Chapter 26 brought back one bigger character, and one minor character Creed has murdered. But nothing on Birdy
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...cap-Discussion

And given the time limit with there only being one chapter left, there's probably not gonna be much time spent on former victims of Creed. It's a great idea, but cut short due to the cancellation.

It's already debated on whether Pak can get the current cast wrapped up now, without rushing through stuff. We kinda seem to be in fast-forward mode. lol