Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Live and let live.

Stay off my lawn and I'll stay off yours, capiche?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    AvX was a mistake. time to everyone move on.
    Avengers and x-men should be allies.
    The XMen and the Avengers should be allies. Before Quesada decided to do schism and AvX, right after Hope defeated Bastion, the XMen and the Avengers shared intel on their major enemies. As they should. If Gravitron goes in a murderous rampage the Avengers May not be available. Maybe the XMen have to do it. Selene could make her bid for world domination when the XMen are off planet.

Obviously they have different agendas in the hero business, but they should be colleagues.

A professional relationship with some cooperations sometimes.

But if they disagree sit down in a table and try to solve as adults instead of try to kill each other.

Maybe have each other in the speed dial?

But the XMEN bestie team are obviously the 4F

Mighty Member

So the Phoenix Force is obliterating planets on its way to Earth and the Avengers are rightfully concerned ... and invade a nation.

Who wrote AvX, what was that writer snorting, and why was everyone dumber than dirt in that storyline?

As for Avengers and X-Men, they should be allies and not begrudging allies. I've had enough Hero vs. Hero crap in the past decade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1 - Lol, Jean fans do NOT "keep talking and talking" about Scott leaving Maddie. You're just assuming Scott hater = Jean fan, which is nonsense. Most Jean fans here ship Jott.

2 - Of course we still talk about the affair/Morrison era, Jean died while that was happening so while it has been years, it's still the last time where Jean was featured regularly on an X-Men book besides X-Men Red.

3 - I know some Jean fans feel differently, but I wouldn't mine Jean and Emma on the same team being friends.
    Okay, so maybe now you understand why we Cyclops fans will not forget AvX, EXM, ANAD X-Men, DoX, IvX and all that shit about Phoenix Five, Cyclops terrorist, HitlerClops and that stupid death.
    Just think, what if it was Jean Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Uneasy allies is probably best.

On a somewhat related note, where would the Fantastic Four (when they're all back together) fit into this? The FF always seem to be the odd-group-out when it comes to the mutants.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Surprised to see you here in the X-Boards, friend.

It would take some work... because to me the exchange in X-Men Red seemed a little... disingenuous. But I understand they wouldn't have any beef with Jean or her team. Jean nor most of her team were involved in AvX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    and why was everyone dumber than dirt in that storyline?
    Because that and taking a big steaming crap all over continuity is the only way they could force the event to work.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nearly best buds.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

They've been allies before, there's no excuse for them not to be allies still.

Captain America, for instance, came off as some sort of mutant-phobe in AvX, despite having teamed with multiple mutants back at the beginning of his career (Namor and Toro), and practically the first thing he did as an Avenger was recruit a pair of mutants who *worked for Magneto* (Wanda and Pietro). He's darn close to the *last* Avenger who should have a problem with mutants...

That said, both teams deal with a different set of issues and a different focus. I don't blame Superman for not zipping over to Gotham and spending .00001 milliseconds throwing the Joker to the moon, or Batman for not buying Lexcorp out from under Lex and sending him to live under a bridge. I'm not going to blame Carol Danvers for not addressing the mutants staked to the lawn in the X-books (no matter how delicious it was to see Emma call her out on that), because, ultimately, *it's not her job.*

I don't buy X-books to see the Avengers fight their battles. Or the Fantastic Four. Or the Green Lantern Corps. I buy the X-books to see *the X-Men* deal with the issues and threats that face the X-folk.

Is it 'unrealistic' that the Avengers kind of sit around with the thumbs up their butt in the face of government-sponsored mutant prejudice in a shared universe? Yeah, but that's a tonal issue, and a thing we kind of have to accept about a shared universe in the first place. If there was an 'Earth 1' with just Avengers, and an 'Earth 2' with mutants and Sentinels and the like, it might work better, but it is what it is.

I'd prefer that the X-Men and Avengers mostly remain separate storywise. Maybe some can cross the streams, like the Beast or Rogue spending time as Avengers (or Avengers foes), but too much crossover begs uncomfortable questions, or invites pithy snark (like from Emma to Carol, blaming her for her *naturally* not showing up in an X-Men story she wasn't a part of, as if she's somehow to blame for an editorial choice to make an X-Men story *about freaking X-Men*).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    A professional relationship with some cooperations sometimes.

But if they disagree sit down in a table and try to solve as adults instead of try to kill each other.

Maybe have each other in the speed dial?

But the XMEN bestie team are obviously the 4F
    Talk it out? Now that's boring. As awful as the following battle may be I'd never give up the chance to see Scott, Cable, Jean, Emma, Magneto or heck all of them at once sock Cap in the face.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If it makes anyone here feel better, apparently the big 700th-issue milestone celebration for the Avengers (technically Avengers #10 by Jason Aaron) will have them become Earth's most hated heroes. While the solicit indicates it might be over the Avengers' new chairperson being Black Panther (king of his own nation) and thus "not answering to American authorities" anymore, it's hard not to feel like it's the chickens coming home to roost for all the times the Avengers effectively stood by and did nothing while mutants were being persecuted by those same "American authorities." Wonder if that'll be their "come to Jesus" moment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If it makes anyone here feel better, apparently the big 700th-issue milestone celebration for the Avengers (technically Avengers #10 by Jason Aaron) will have them become Earth's most hated heroes. While the solicit indicates it might be over the Avengers' new chairperson being Black Panther (king of his own nation) and thus "not answering to American authorities" anymore, it's hard not to feel like it's the chickens coming home to roost for all the times the Avengers effectively stood by and did nothing while mutants were being persecuted by those same "American authorities." Wonder if that'll be their "come to Jesus" moment.
    Bout to get their hero wake-up call.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    They've been allies before, there's no excuse for them not to be allies still.

Captain America, for instance, came off as some sort of mutant-phobe in AvX, despite having teamed with multiple mutants back at the beginning of his career (Namor and Toro), and practically the first thing he did as an Avenger was recruit a pair of mutants who *worked for Magneto* (Wanda and Pietro). He's darn close to the *last* Avenger who should have a problem with mutants...

That said, both teams deal with a different set of issues and a different focus. I don't blame Superman for not zipping over to Gotham and spending .00001 milliseconds throwing the Joker to the moon, or Batman for not buying Lexcorp out from under Lex and sending him to live under a bridge. I'm not going to blame Carol Danvers for not addressing the mutants staked to the lawn in the X-books (no matter how delicious it was to see Emma call her out on that), because, ultimately, *it's not her job.*

I don't buy X-books to see the Avengers fight their battles. Or the Fantastic Four. Or the Green Lantern Corps. I buy the X-books to see *the X-Men* deal with the issues and threats that face the X-folk.

Is it 'unrealistic' that the Avengers kind of sit around with the thumbs up their butt in the face of government-sponsored mutant prejudice in a shared universe? Yeah, but that's a tonal issue, and a thing we kind of have to accept about a shared universe in the first place. If there was an 'Earth 1' with just Avengers, and an 'Earth 2' with mutants and Sentinels and the like, it might work better, but it is what it is.

I'd prefer that the X-Men and Avengers mostly remain separate storywise. Maybe some can cross the streams, like the Beast or Rogue spending time as Avengers (or Avengers foes), but too much crossover begs uncomfortable questions, or invites pithy snark (like from Emma to Carol, blaming her for her *naturally* not showing up in an X-Men story she wasn't a part of, as if she's somehow to blame for an editorial choice to make an X-Men story *about freaking X-Men*).
    Very well said

Emma Frost said it best:

Emma was written so well during these years.