Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Scrappy is still canon, it's just he did something so terrible the gang never speak of him (which indicates the live-action movies are in continuity)

Mystery inc is not canon with the classic series.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-07-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The ending is worse then that.

spoilers:
    It says all the ghosts are fake. Van ghoul may never have had magic and the high alps were making them see things! They go out to explain everything with magic can't be real. First of all anyone who watches any episode of 13 ghosts knows the ghosts are real. Second they were only in the alps a few episodes and moved to America right away! Is America making them see ghosts? Third 13 ghosts is the THIRD season of a series with both fake and real ghosts and if you say they are fake how do you explain the other real ghosts from the other two seasons plus the two bad ghosts in EVERY episode of 13 ghosts.

Plus fred and velma were in the first seasons and MET real ghosts. People have been upset because they thought this would go back to the "ghosts are real" era after the last few years have got stale again with fake ghosts. They teased fans then said screw you. Fans feel cheated and let down. Look up the amazon reviews. People are not happy with the ending. It's like having a superman film and saying his powers are fake at the end. The real ghosts are a big part of that show and making them fake takes away from it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I felt the ending was a bit more ambiguous. It felt more like Velma was reaching to find a logical explanation than the movie actually dismissing real supernatural phenomena.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Not a hell of a lot of present SD stuff is canon to the original series, and Mystery Inc made a point about that in it's finale.

The original HB timeline as far as I'm concerned is Where Are You through to Pup and that's it, and since Pup was a prequel, that means the timeline ended with an unresolved mission, for all we know Scooby and co are still chasing that 13th ghost.

Thought it was implied that it might be a prequel to the original cartoon in the very end if one wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Not a hell of a lot of present SD stuff is canon to the original series, and Mystery Inc made a point about that in it's finale.
    Is there even any kind of Scooby-Doo canon these da

The original HB timeline as far as I'm concerned is Where Are You through to Pup and that's it, and since Pup was a prequel, that means the timeline ended with an unresolved mission, for all we know Scooby and co are still chasing that 13th ghost.
    I thought that a lot of the old cartoons weren't in canon with each other. Also, wouldn't the new 13 Ghost movie also be a part of it since it's supposed to be the finale for the old TV show?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just saw the movie- i’m not sure what the problem with the ending was. Everyone pretty much acted the way i thought they would- even flim flam. It was nice to see him again. I guess i’m wondering if the fact that the 13th ghost being fake, negates the other twelve. And this was a hard show for me to get into the first time around because the demons were real. Was there a post credit scene, or something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I thought that a lot of the old cartoons weren't in canon with each other.
    They were, where are you getting your information? Half-informed Youtube commentators?

Also, wouldn't the new 13 Ghost movie also be a part of it since it's supposed to be the finale for the old TV show?
    Except it blatantly isn't. It completely contradicts the mythology of the latter half of the HB era. As explained to you already, Fred and Velma have met real ghosts, they've met Scrappy where as here they're dismissing the possibility of real ghosts existing and don't know who Scrappy is.

It's not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And this was a hard show for me to get into the first time around because the demons were real.
    What's your point? Real ghosts existed in the show before this series, and the gang all met real zombies and ghosts when these direct-to-video movies started. There is no excuse. None.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-08-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I liked 13 Ghosts when I was a little child. At that time were reruns of all the Scooby series, plus the movies.

But my favorite Scooby series is Mistery Inc.

that series... the episodes I saw, anyway-- was just too darn bizarre for me. Seems like a deliberate attempt to be "adult" and "meta" and incorporating much darker motivations and backstories, intimations with characters. clipping some thematic tones from Twin Peaks and other similar shows/movies, seemingly. I suppose I'd have to watch the episodes from beginning to end, but it rubbed me the wrong way on my first exposure. Just.. not for me.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-09-2019 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

I was mulling over this a bit last night, maybe it's possible that you could retcon and establish New Scooby Doo Mysteries as a flash-forward given Velma and Fred have professions and have drifted away from the gang by that point. Scrappy eventually comes back (maybe he went to live with his mother for a while) and that's when Fred and Velma learn about him off-screen or something in time for the reunion episodes.

They were, where are you getting your information? Half-informed Youtube commentators?
    Just what I've observed. I mean, during the HB era, we also got the Laffa-lympics show that can't be in canon with anything from Where Are You! and that TV movie that claimed that the gang were actors playing supernatural detectives on a TV show (albeit kinda playing fictionalized versions of themselves).

Except it blatantly isn't. It completely contradicts the mythology of the latter half of the HB era. As explained to you already, Fred and Velma have met real ghosts, they've met Scrappy where as here they're dismissing the possibility of real ghosts existing and don't know who Scrappy is.

It's not canon.
    A.) Scooby-Doo canon is not marked by internal consistency (as noted above), so we're kinda looking at a situation like the X-Men or Transformers movies where we can't expect everything to fit neatly if we want to wedge it all together. I don't think there is any real canon, much like there's no real canon to Looney Tunes. The characters remain recognizable from story to story, series to series, but everything gets reset at the end via Negative Continuity. Besides, how may contradictory origin stories are there? You got the gang as childhood friends in Coolsville (A Pup Named Scooby-Doo), teen friend from Crystal Cove (if you accept that Mystery, Incorporated was meant to be a prequel to the original Where Are You!), High schoolers who met Breakfast Club-style (The Mysteries Begin movie), Daphne and Velma befriending each other long before meeting the rest of the gang (the Daphne and Velma movie), friends who worked on a TV show together (that Goes Hollywood film), etc.

B). The real ghosts phase of the WB era has always been contradicted by later installments (like the '90s cartoon movies that showed a more grown-up gang encountering real ghosts for the fist time). If anything, installments that are not explicitly hard reboots seem to use Were Are You! as the starting point and just ignore everything else.

C.) Maybe the movie exists in a continuity where the 13 Ghosts show (or events like it) happened, but nothing else from that era did? Like noted before, Scooby-Doo continuity is not air-tight at the best of times.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    C.) Maybe the movie exists in a continuity where the 13 Ghosts show (or events like it) happened, but nothing else from that era did? Like noted before, Scooby-Doo continuity is not air-tight at the best of times.
    Hence I go back to my original point

Just what I've observed. I mean, during the HB era, we also got the Laffa-lympics show that can't be in canon with anything from Where Are You!
    You should check out the marvel laff-a-lympics comic. Funny thing is they don't do much sports as a plot comes along to stop it. The book grounds all the shows into one canon and has others from their shows show up that wasn't in the cartoon like dasterly and muttley are red baron and mumbly's brothers or the bad guys steal the jetsons future stuff and go on a crime spree forcing the hanna barbera super heroes to fight them!

One issue has abu from Jeanie getting put under a curse so dyno-mutt and blue falcon get the all of the scooby gang to help find the bad guy (who is in a mask of course) to break the curse. The comic turns into a episode of scooby-doo and at the end a episode of dyno-mutt with no sports in sight. Yogi shows up on the last page to remind you it's a laff-a-lympics comic or you would forget! I wish they would reprint this book. It is a huge crossover!

You should check out the marvel laff-a-lympics comic. Funny thing is they don't do much sports as a plot comes along to stop it. The book grounds all the shows into one canon and has others from their shows show up that wasn't in the cartoon like dasterly and muttley are red baron and mumbly's brothers or the bad guys steal the jetsons future stuff and go on a crime spree forcing the hanna barbera super heroes to fight them!

One issue has abu from Jeanie getting put under a curse so dyno-mutt and blue falcon get the all of the scooby gang to help find the bad guy (who is in a mask of course) to break the curse. The comic turns into a episode of scooby-doo and at the end a episode of dyno-mutt with no sports in sight. Yogi shows up on the last page to remind you it's a laff-a-lympics comic or you would forget! I wish they would reprint this book. It is a huge crossover!
    It’s babu, and i don’t remember reading this...

Right babu sorry. They are some fun comics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hence I go back to my original point
    Maybe?

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)