Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo is the best Scooby Doo cartoon series!

This was the BEST Scooby Doo series by far!

Scrappy wasn't just some dumb joke. Fred and Velma weren't around to do everything while all the other characters acted useless. FlinFlan was a great character. Vincent was around to keep things interesting and Daphne wasn't just some girly damsel in distress figure.

Heck one or two of the ghosts actually scared me as a kid.

Spoiler- The series concluded with two ghosts still at large. After the pirates of Dark Water this is probably one of the most maddening non-conclusive endings to a cartoon series.

Vincent Price RIP
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This was the BEST Scooby Doo series by far!

Scrappy wasn't just some dumb joke. Fred and Velma weren't around to do everything while all the other characters acted useless. FlinFlan was a great character. Vincent was around to keep things interesting and Daphne wasn't just some girly damsel in distress figure.

Heck one or two of the ghosts actually scared me as a kid.

Spoiler- The series concluded with two ghosts still at large. After the pirates of Dark Water this is probably one of the most maddening non-conclusive endings to a cartoon series.

Vincent Price RIP
    I really liked this as a kid I know some fans felt it betrayed the idea there really wasn't supernatural stuff in the previous cartoons but it never bothered me. My favorite Scooby Cartoon was Scooby-Doo's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I really liked this as a kid I know some fans felt it betrayed the idea there really wasn't supernatural stuff in the previous cartoons but it never bothered me. My favorite Scooby Cartoon was Scooby-Doo's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics
    Laugh Olympics was definitely my favorite cartoon with Scooby in it. I was always a sucker for crossovers. Don't recall if Scooby actually ever did anything in it though. He probably wasn't the best team captain.

BANNED

I have no faith in the DTV Scooby Doo movies, they've been consistently terrible for a decade now, and it makes no sense, how can Flin Flan suddenly grow up in a matter of months? Where's Scrappy? Where's the two ghosts that were often trying to get the chest back from the group? Why is Fred so surprised at "real" ghosts when he's fought "real" threats before when these movies were in their infancy? Or during the Mystery Inc series? Also, I'm sure they're going to tear down the closeness Daphne and Shaggy had in the final few seasons of the original SD run. Not interested.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-08-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Really liked "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated".

Wooow, that's vaguely familiar.

It was my favorite of the Scooby series.

Wasn't the kids name Flim-Flam?

13 Ghosts was a good series, but it had it's faults.

I didn't care much for Daphne's redesign and I thought Flim-Flam was horribly annoying. People talk about how Scrappy was annoying, but Scrapy has nothing on Flim-Flam.

Weerd and Boggle seemed a bit unnecessary as well.

On the flipside, there was Vincent Prince and Vincent Prince makes EVERYTHING better.

Incredible Member

I liked 13 Ghosts when I was a little child. At that time were reruns of all the Scooby series, plus the movies.

But my favorite Scooby series is Mistery Inc.

BANNED

Hmm, seems there was some Daphne/Shaggy 'shipping going on in "Be Cool Scooby Doo", which was the most recent season...Daphne's pretty peculiar in that one.

I remember this show a little, but I was pretty young so not very well to form any sort of opinion on it. Is it available for a reasonable price on DVD?

It's on dvd for about $9 new at stores or $3.95 used on amazon. It's also on boomerangs streaming service and amazon prime.

https://watch.boomerang.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Ship-Of-Ghoul...+of+scooby+doo

https://www.amazon.com/13-Ghosts-Sco...+of+scooby+doo

13 ghosts is the third series in the "red shirt shaggy" series of shows. The other two were new scooby and scrappy and new scooby mysteries. Here's the new mysteries intro.

They did a big mess up however as fred and velma did show up in some episodes and DID fight real ghosts! They even helped the universal monsters so they knew ghosts were real so that is a huge mess up in this film.

this was just a good change of pace from the original series. I watched the original so many times it got a little stale so I loved when Batman and Robin showed up or Scrappy or off Brand series. The opening for this series. The supporting characters. I really loved this as a kid I wish they could have given it a proper conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    It was my favorite of the Scooby series.

Wasn't the kids name Flim-Flam?
    you are right that is my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I liked 13 Ghosts when I was a little child. At that time were reruns of all the Scooby series, plus the movies.

But my favorite Scooby series is Mistery Inc.

never really watched Mystery Inc. nowadays I've probably grown out of Scooby Doo, but I still have those sweet sweet memories
    The J-man

How many seasons / episodes does this have? I'm a assuming not many, given all the scooby revamps.