Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Wow. So, I was reading about Scooby Doo Ghoul School, I haven't seen it in years, and I found the girls recently appeared in a modern series from CN: OK KO, along with some references to other CN series, like Robot Jones or the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Yeah CN used them in ok heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I didn't care much for Daphne's redesign and I thought Flim-Flam was horribly annoying. People talk about how Scrappy was annoying, but Scrapy has nothing on Flim-Flam.
    Is it strange that the characters I like best tend to be the ones that annoy people?

Anyway, 13 Ghosts is definitely my favorite series. I think the original concept for Scooby-Doo with the fake ghosts was always kind of a weak mystery concept. It's like someone said "Hey, remember The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Phantom of the Opera where there were people pretending there were ghosts? Well, let's just do that over and over again." I've always been a sucker for ghosts and monsters, too.

I like Film Flam because he isn't as vanilla as the characters from the normal Scooby cartoons. I think in general this show and a few of the movies does a better job rounding out the characters.
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Is it strange that the characters I like best tend to be the ones that annoy people?

Anyway, 13 Ghosts is definitely my favorite series. I think the original concept for Scooby-Doo with the fake ghosts was always kind of a weak mystery concept. It's like someone said "Hey, remember The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Phantom of the Opera where there were people pretending there were ghosts? Well, let's just do that over and over again." I've always been a sucker for ghosts and monsters, too.
    Yeah, I think having real ghosts was a nice twist. Almost a necessary one. After a certain point, you can't help but think they should just ASSUME it's an old man in a rubber mask rather than just a ghost and have Fred just beat the crap out of the guy. But adding real Ghosts made it all more understandable. In a world with real ghosts, I'd be a lot more cautios too.

I grew up with Scooby Doo, Superfriends, etc. Really liked those cartoons, but I'm really not an expert on Scooby lore. I also saw some of the movies on CN.

I don't think I ever saw 13 Ghosts. Was it a series of episodes? Sounds like I missed out. :/

Also, Is a new theatrical movie coming out? If true, I hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I grew up with Scooby Doo, Superfriends, etc. Really liked those cartoons, but I'm really not an expert on Scooby lore. I also saw some of the movies on CN.

I don't think I ever saw 13 Ghosts. Was it a series of episodes? Sounds like I missed out. :/

I believe 13 or so episodes it was Scooby, Shaggy, Daphne (In a more leader type role), a kid called Flin Flam, and Vincent Price and yes voiced by Vincent Price. Oh and two ghost who names I forget.

There was only one season with 13 episodes. The show was cancelled when they only captured 12 of the 13 Ghosts, which I always thought was weird. You think they could have waited at least one more episode. But I guess it all worked out since that dangling plot thread was picked up decades later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There was only one season with 13 episodes. The show was cancelled when they only captured 12 of the 13 Ghosts, which I always thought was weird. You think they could have waited at least one more episode. But I guess it all worked out since that dangling plot thread was picked up decades later.
    Western 80s cartoons at the time rarely ever did "proper" finales

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Western 80s cartoons at the time rarely ever did "proper" finales
    I get that, but they were just 1 Ghost short. Just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I believe 13 or so episodes it was Scooby, Shaggy, Daphne (In a more leader type role), a kid called Flin Flam, and Vincent Price and yes voiced by Vincent Price. Oh and two ghost who names I forget.
    No Velma and Fred?

I prefer to see the whole gang plus guests.

BANNED

Yeah, it was the last of the Scrappy Doo era, his final appearance in the franchise until his turn to villainy in the first of the James Gunn movies. It's also considered the holy grail of Shaggy and Daphne led series by the fans as it's the one that strongly indicates they were a couple at the time.

No Velma and Fred?

I prefer to see the whole gang plus guests.
    The show had pretty much outgrown Fred and Velma by that point. Other than the first two seasons and a few of the guest star Movies, the Shaggy/Daphne years I personally felt were the show's best. I grew up during that era and it was rerun more times than the original seasons with the gang in my area so maybe I'm a trifle biased.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-29-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Laugh Olympics was definitely my favorite cartoon with Scooby in it. I was always a sucker for crossovers. Don't recall if Scooby actually ever did anything in it though. He probably wasn't the best team captain.
    I wish warner archive would release the complete series on dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, it was the last of the Scrappy Doo era, his final appearance in the franchise until his turn to villainy in the first of the James Gunn movies. It's also considered the holy grail of Shaggy and Daphne led series by the fans as it's the one that strongly indicates they were a couple at the time.

The show had pretty much outgrown Fred and Velma by that point. Other than the first two seasons and a few of the guest star Movies, the Shaggy/Daphne years I personally felt were the show's best. I grew up during that era and it was rerun more times than the original seasons with the gang in my area so maybe I'm a trifle biased.
    Shaggy and Daphne might have been a thing? Wow, the thought never even occured to me back then. I guess I always assumed Fred and Daphne were a thing. But the idea of Shaggy and Daphne actually sounds pretty cool now that I think about it.