Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

[QUOTE=Jokerz79;4168056]I believe 13 or so episodes it was Scooby, Shaggy, Daphne (In a more leader type role), a kid called Flin Flam, and Vincent Price and yes voiced by Vincent Price. Oh and two ghost who names I forget.[/QUOTE
    Bogle and weerd- voiced by arte johnson, and howard morris.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Thirteen Ghosts is definitely one of the better Scooby-Doo shows, and I'm excited to check out the new film. Don't know if I would call it the "Best" of the franchise, many of the more recent series and DTV films have really raised the bar. Thirteen Ghosts definitely proved that Scooby-Doo can work with an overarching narrative rather than just simple done-one episodes, that's nothing to sneeze at.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

No Velma and Fred?

I prefer to see the whole gang plus guests.
    They were in the season before it with fred becoming a big mystery writer and velma worked for nasa. And yes they both saw and even helped real ghosts!

New clip--

Flim flam

I didn't know there was going to be a followup movie to The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, but to be honest, I had forgotten about this series until I saw this thread! I must've seen reruns of it at some point.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Flim Flam has been aged up and somehow the Scooby gang all stayed the same age. I guess....it works.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Shaggy and Daphne might have been a thing? Wow, the thought never even occured to me back then. I guess I always assumed Fred and Daphne were a thing. But the idea of Shaggy and Daphne actually sounds pretty cool now that I think about it.
    There's a cult following for the Daphne/Shaggy years and the idea the two were dating around that phase. Fred/Daphne started off as a joke in Johnny Bravo that blossomed into full on canon, some of the fans are convinced the pairing is a little too forced by WB, that there's no chemistry between Fred and Daphne (I tend to agree), and that she was much closer to Scoob and Shaggy. Sometimes the writers of the movies and shows throw the fandom an easter egg or two in some episodes (like most recently Be Cool Scooby Doo where Daphne pretended to be Shaggy's girlfriend and enjoyed playing the part way too much)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-30-2019 at 01:36 AM.

BANNED

Movie is now out, and is said to have a controversial ending.

Yeah found out about the ending and refuse to see this. It's a spit in the eye to fans of the 80s era. The amazon reviews are also tearing it apart. I won't get this. Shame on you WB.

I just watched it. I didn't think it was bad. It wasn't great, but there was nothing horrible about it.

I am disappointed that they didn't even have a Scrappy cameo, espcially since they do mention him by name.

It's the ending that's getting the hate. Lot of fans hate it. Some fans complaining over the scrappy joke insulting him also. Velma "scrappy who?" How does velma not know who scrappy is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's the ending that's getting the hate. Lot of fans hate it. Some fans complaining over the scrappy joke insulting him also. Velma "scrappy who?" How does velma not know who scrappy is?
    So- what is the ending? I got the movie, but don’t think I want to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Watch it. Come up with your own opinion.

Even if you do think it's pretty bad, it still isn't nearly the worse thing Scooby Doo has even done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This was the BEST Scooby Doo series by far!

Scrappy wasn't just some dumb joke. Fred and Velma weren't around to do everything while all the other characters acted useless. FlinFlan was a great character. Vincent was around to keep things interesting and Daphne wasn't just some girly damsel in distress figure.

Heck one or two of the ghosts actually scared me as a kid.
    That's actually the reason I've never wanted to see this show. It just feels wrong to have only a partial team. There's some magic missing without all the original five on the case.

Nice to see that fans of the show are getting a DVD movie to conclude the story, though (even though it sounds like not everyone liked it).

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So Flim Flam has been aged up and somehow the Scooby gang all stayed the same age. I guess....it works.
    While they have been perceived as teens for much of the series, they seem to vary between being late teens to early adulthood (in fact, some of the '90s movies were specifically centered on the idea that the kids had grown up and gotten the band back together post-20s). I could see things being stretched enough that the gang would be young enough to not have aged too much over the years in the context of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Scooby-Doo continuity is very loosey-goosey, to the point that I don't think there's much point in constructing one between the different iterations. I haven't seen the movie, but I would guess that it was written from the assumption that the old episodes with Scrappy as a part of Mystery, Inc. were not part of the continuity the movie was building.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    spoilers:
    The 13th ghost is a fake out, somebody trying to make a profit off of the demon chest. The real 13th ghost became some sort of redeemed guardian spirit and ascended to the afterlife peacefully
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That's actually the reason I've never wanted to see this show. It just feels wrong to have only a partial team. There's some magic missing without all the original five on the case.
    While my first big exposure to the show was the first two seasons, I largely grew up on the Scrappy era, back then Velma and Fred were only in that phase for a cup of coffee and there was that big run where it was just Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy doing odd jobs, then Daphne rejoined them. I frankly found Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy's chemistry together much more interesting and dynamic, I didn't miss Fred or Velma much at all. I even liked that the show gave a concrete reason why they had drifted apart from the remainder of the gang without attaching any drama to it.

Nice to see that fans of the show are getting a DVD movie to conclude the story, though (even though it sounds like not everyone liked it).
    spoilers:
    It's not a resolution. It's a bait and switch.
    end of spoilers

Scooby-Doo continuity is very loosey-goosey, to the point that I don't think there's much point in constructing one between the different iterations. I haven't seen the movie, but I would guess that it was written from the assumption that the old episodes with Scrappy as a part of Mystery, Inc. were not part of the continuity the movie was building.
    Scrappy is still canon, it's just he did something so terrible the gang never speak of him (which indicates the live-action movies are in continuity)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-07-2019 at 02:22 AM.