Jamie Lannister (two hands)
    Connor MacLeod
    Achilles (Pitt)
    Jack Sparrow
    Zorro (Banderas)
    Rob Roy
    Katsumoto
    Leonidas

Characters are given the sword style of their choice with an unbreakable blade. No other weapons allowed. Standard armour and clothing. Live action versions.

Damn this is going to be something. I see Leonidas more skilled with spear than sword though.

I would guess that this comes down to Aragorn or the Bride (Beatrix Kiddo).

Beatrix Kiddo probably has better feats than film Aragorn, I seem to recall.

Well, since none of the others are immortal, Connor just blithely waits it out until they’ve all failed to kill him and then finishes the job.

Although that kinda depends on whether with Rumbles rules you can be 10-counted in the midst of a battle royal kind of scenario. It’s a little weird to suggest you can for most of the fight, but if it comes down to 1-on-1 at the end, I guess The Bride getting a 10-count on Connor would be legit.

My money's on the Bride...

That fight in Kill Bill is hard to track and hurts my brain.

It's not even that it's bad. It's that at various points they just stop fighting and start dancing. That's my only explanation for the part where she's break dancing on the floor.

I know, I know, we judge these things by portrayal, not real life viability.

But that breakdancing part.

I would make the argument that your average orc is probably a better fighter than your average Crazy 88 member. They are essentially just modern gangsters with medieval weapons as opposed to coming from a world where sharpened bits of metal are still cutting edge.

Edit: Just realized armor is involved. That should give Aragon enough of an edge to definitely take this, as Kiddo doesn't have her Hanzo sword.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 11-08-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Edit: Just realized armor is involved. That should give Aragon enough of an edge to definitely take this, as Kiddo doesn't have her Hanzo sword.
    Aragorn's leather armour from FotR would protect his torso against slashes; his limbs and head would still be susceptible to damage; his TTT chainmail would prove a problem. I think Kiddo's Hanzo sword wouldn't make a difference if it had to go against the reforged sword.
    Last edited by k von doom; 11-08-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Aragorn
    The Bride
    Inigo Montoya
    Jamie Lannister (two hands)
    Connor MacLeod
    Achilles (Pitt)
    Jack Sparrow
    Zorro (Banderas)
    Rob Roy
    Katsumoto
    Leonidas

Characters are given the sword style of their choice with an unbreakable blade. No other weapons allowed. Standard armour and clothing. Live action versions.
    I don't know but L to R on your list great collection of characters, all these have 1/6th scale figures made or being made, (except couldn't find Neeson as Roy), pretty awesome group of characters.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-09-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Jaime Lannister honestly wears the most protective armor of the bunch given the solid plate and scale armor

the only time Aragorn really wears plate seems to be during his coronation, other times seems to be mostly chain with a few scattered pieces of plate over it but no major piece like a breastplate or his ranger outfit(which frankly wasn't armor, leather or otherwise, they were just clothes, the only thing he wore that even resembled armor were the vambraces which looked noticeably thicker and stiffer than anything else he wore)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, based on presentation, Connor should trivially dominate. Immortals are supposed to get stronger and better when they kill others, and he's killed oceans of others, including the strongest of their kind.

However, his feats are GARBAGE. Sure, mostly because it was low-budget 80's fare, but still, hot steaming diaper fire level garbage there.

Jamie or Achilles should take this. Jamie has the best armor, Achilles has the best feats and the best presentation (quite literally and without argument the very best warrior of a very warlike of a very warlike world) of the non-immortal contingent.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Jaime Lannister honestly wears the most protective armor of the bunch given the solid plate and scale armor

the only time Aragorn really wears plate seems to be during his coronation, other times seems to be mostly chain with a few scattered pieces of plate over it but no major piece like a breastplate or his ranger outfit(which frankly wasn't armor, leather or otherwise, they were just clothes, the only thing he wore that even resembled armor were the vambraces which looked noticeably thicker and stiffer than anything else he wore)
    Thing is Jaimie just isn't that good. He's a good Swordsman, but not cut down 30+ dudes in a battle.

I'm thinking he gets mordhau'd and then ganked. Or pummeled, then ganked. Assuming he's wearing a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I mean, based on presentation, Connor should trivially dominate. Immortals are supposed to get stronger and better when they kill others, and he's killed oceans of others, including the strongest of their kind.

However, his feats are GARBAGE. Sure, mostly because it was low-budget 80's fare, but still, hot steaming diaper fire level garbage there.

Jamie or Achilles should take this. Jamie has the best armor, Achilles has the best feats and the best presentation (quite literally and without argument the very best warrior of a very warlike of a very warlike world) of the non-immortal contingent.

The High Lander was limited to budget, but he did kill a guy who could smash a stone tower during a sword duel, in a extremely casual way.

Also if we discount the sequels (which I hate.) and if Connor kept being the one. He is literally a God among mortals who has telepathy and stuff. ( Then again while training with Rainez.) He could “feel” the vibes of other living things. ( the deer chase/run scene.)

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Between being immortal and considerably stronger than everyone here, my money is on Connor. While his choreography isn’t as impressive, the guy has been winning against immortal swordsmen for 300 years, so he’s pretty skilled at that.

Additionally, several of the competitors here use swords that absolutely cannot cut off heads even if they get the chance, meaning he has less to keep track of overall
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Between being immortal and considerably stronger than everyone here, my money is on Connor. While his choreography isn’t as impressive, the guy has been winning against immortal swordsmen for 300 years, so he’s pretty skilled at that.
    What is the deal with there immortality? I assumed that "killing" him would count as a 10-Count, considering how long the respawn takes.

But maybe I'm wrong? I've only seen a bit of the Highlander.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    What is the deal with there immortality? I assumed that "killing" him would count as a 10-Count, considering how long the respawn takes.

But maybe I'm wrong? I've only seen a bit of the Highlander.
    In High Lander 1. The ten count was only the first time he took a mortal wound. He woke up before buried. Exiled he traveled. He cannot die by drowning, as he could not swim so walked out of lake instead of swimming.

Also he and a immortal friend talked of the time Connor got in a rapier duel drunk, stabbed a dozen times yet managed to get up in seconds. Ultimately he just apologized and walked off.

In the directors cut he took gunnfire, played dead then killed like 1-2 nazis.

Once you are triggered as a immortal, the only thing that can kill you is a begeading.

Then again it could have been Age due to their quickening. In which the less immortals the remaining are stronger ( the ones doing said cutting getting most power.)

Hence in end of 1. He is basically God in flesh. He notes to his love interest he could do anything. Like world wide telepathy and even turn off his own immortality if he wants.