Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Aragorn is super human. Due to his hertiage.
    It’s not uncommon for warriors from the heroic fantasy genre to display such attributes, regardless of heritage. Hurin was the greatest of the warriors of mortal men, according to the Silmarillion, and kills orcs and trolls alone until he is buried by the weight of their bodies, but is as far as I’m aware of purely mortal descent.

Aragorn has Numoerian royal flame blood in his veins. Meaning he is part elf.

Aragorn has Numoerian royal flame blood in his veins. Meaning he is part elf.
    No he isn't. Since his great great great grandaddy Elros died a man, presumably that ended all the elf blood right there

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No he isn't. Since his great great great grandaddy Elros died a man, presumably that ended all the elf blood right there
    Then how in the Hell is Aragorn more than a hundred years old when he meets the Hobbits?

Then how in the Hell is Aragorn more than a hundred years old when he meets the Hobbits?
    Oh he was packing them good Numenor genes. Even non direct descendents of Elros used to live for a looong time, as did most First Age men

Oh he was packing them good Numenor genes. Even non direct descendents of Elros used to live for a looong time, as did most First Age men
    Basically self and no self, he is pretty much Captain America. Just with a sword. ( which was established in the second age of CBR.:

In any event my point was that Aragorn’s descent or no, in Tolkien’s work certain warriors are capable of unearthly feats whether or not they have an unearthly heritage. See Hurin and many of the other First Age Men (those that weren’t descended from Elves ).

Oh yeah the First Age men and the descendents of the Edain are superhuman by real world standards (though not exactly captain America)

I was just pointing he's probably not part Elf, or in any case reaaaaly miniscule fraction of part elf even if we go by Elros passing on some elf genes despite dying a man

As noted, the LOTR men were plenty superhuman without needing elf blood in the first place

I think, on reflection, the ones in this list who probably won’t be getting very far:

1. Live action Jaime, who doesn’t do much
    2. Rob Roy, who is comfortably outclassed in his major duel
    3. Katsumoto
    4. Leonidas, whose standard equipment, unlike historical Spartans (who weren’t presumably total morons) is mainly a black pair of swimming trunks (Frank Miller portrayed the Spartans as nude I imagine as an Ancient Greek-inspired choice, but the Speedo compromise on screen looks risible).

That leaves:

1. Aragorn (who’s a heroic fantasy figure with a super duper sword who can run for days)
    2. The Bride (floating martial arts wizard from a brilliantly crafted and interminably tedious pair of movies)
    3. Inigo Montoya and Zorro (superskilled fencers with impressive and silly agility). Perhaps also Jack Sparrow, though I hate him, and he’s not the best swordsmen in his soulless franchise.
    4. Achilles, who’s leaping swordplay move seems to be a one shot kill against most opponents.
    5. Connor, who’s only weakness is decapitation.

As has been previously stated, I reckon if Connor’s weakness is not known, he’s in pole position. If it is, one of the others.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 11-10-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Oh yeah the First Age men and the descendents of the Edain are superhuman by real world standards (though not exactly captain America)

I was just pointing he's probably not part Elf, or in any case reaaaaly miniscule fraction of part elf even if we go by Elros passing on some elf genes despite dying a man

As noted, the LOTR men were plenty superhuman without needing elf blood in the first place
    Yeah, it’s an interesting point. With Tolkien that kind of legacy seems to be as much spiritual and mental quality as anything else - Faramir and Aragorn and Denethor giving echoes of their lineage by what they say and how they react (not the movie Denethor travesty, though )
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 11-10-2018 at 01:32 PM.

• Just a reminder that the characters aren't using their regular swords, they're using swords all made from the same unbreakable material; fashioned after the swords they each normally use so it's the same weight/balance.
    • No one knows about Connor's weakness but Connor doesn't have any other superpowers; just fighting experience.
    • Live action movie versions so book Aragorn and book Jamie are out
    • Swords that have been dropped due to death or disarm can be used by other characters

But if Connors Secret is Secret And has the immortality. Anyone trying to ten count via stab is not going to work. Best bet is hacking off his hands. They never went into details about regenerating limbs.

But if Connors Secret is Secret And has the immortality. Anyone trying to ten count via stab is not going to work. Best bet is hacking off his hands. They never went into details about regenerating limbs.
    I'm pretty sure, given the experience of the combatants, if they see Connor still moving after a stab, they'll try another means to immobilise him. Unless someone goes for a double KO, I don't think it'll be an issue.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I think only the show, which may as well be taking place in another universe yet it's the most extensive on how this immortality and game stuff works, covers this by saying no, you can regenerate limbs hacked off. Any vitals struck won't do jack other than a ten count depending on the immortal's durability. But losing limbs? Yeah, I think it's just gone unless they made confirmation that it can be reattached.

Never bothered with the show as it further bastardized the series from original and they had Duncan kill Connor ( who had pretty much gave up.)

Plus immortals showing powers that were not shown in original movie ( Like freaking portals.)