Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Beast Boy being a monster.

Donna Troy's backstory(hopefully for the last time)
    I don't think it'll be retconned so much as, he'll just progress out of this phase of his character development. Retcon implies this is supposed to a new status quo or was some kind of addition to his history but it feels more like a stage that we're seeing play out more than anything.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Joe Chill himself was added later to the origin, and he his exact history was also changed a few times. The first retcon was iirc that he got the order to kill the Waynes from Lew Moxton.
    And then there was the big change after Zero Hour (1994) where Batman never caught Joe Chill, leaving the question of who the person that shot his parents was an unsolved mystery. (They un-did that during Infinite Crisis.)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Beast Boy being a monster.

Donna Troy's backstory(hopefully for the last time)
    I don't think it'll be retconned so much as, he'll just progress out of this phase of his character development. Retcon implies this is supposed to a new status quo or was some kind of addition to his history but it feels more like a stage that we're seeing play out more than anything.
    I'm not sure how old Gar is suppose to be these days, but can they blame his monster-phase transition on puberty or something?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And then there was the big change after Zero Hour (1994) where Batman never caught Joe Chill, leaving the question of who the person that shot his parents was an unsolved mystery. (They un-did that during Infinite Crisis.)

I'm not sure how old Gar is suppose to be these days, but can they blame his monster-phase transition on puberty or something?
    Apparently he's a monster because of the energy he got exposed to in the No Justice event.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Before anything Roy and Wally deaths.
    hopefully. roy's death might take years though i think.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    hopefully. roy's death might take years though i think.
    I can see future Green Arrow or Titans writers bringing him back sooner rather then later.

The mainline comics?

Jon as a happy kid, now an angsty teen.
    Damian from being Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The mainline comics?

Jon as a happy kid, now an angsty teen.
    Damian from being Robin.
    I really wonder how they're going to handle the Robin situation if Tim is going to be Robin full-time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Damian from being Robin.
    Damian's been around for over a decade now. That ship has sailed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And in between that we had Batman Year Two, where Batman and Chill Teamed up to take down the Reaper.

And not to forget Joe Chills mother being Uncle Phillips housekeeper, when Bruce lived with him

Heroes in Crisis I think will be retconned somehow. Like Emerald Twilight.

I'm mixed on whether Nora Allen's death will be, even though I'd like it be (not every hero needs tragedy in their background). I actually might have liked it, if the ultimate end game had been Barry reversing the damage and regaining his rightful life. Hero triumphant and all.

I feel similarly about Diana being Zeus' child. I don't like it, but the movie was popular. I see it fairly likely undone, but not in the near future.

And yeah, Donna Troy's origin, that one's a given.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-21-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Mighty Member

Batman and Superman parents being alive in-continuity.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    . . . I'm mixed on whether Nora Allen's death will be, even though I'd like it be (not every hero needs tragedy in their background). I actually might have liked it, if the ultimate end game had been Barry reversing the damage and regaining his rightful life. Hero triumphant and all.
    Unfortunately, I'm not very confident that it will be retconned back to the way things use to be anytime in the foreseeable future.

. . . And yeah, Donna Troy's origin, that one's a given.
    Sometimes it seems like it would be cleaner to just erase Donna from existence than to try and retcon her origin YET AGAIN.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 06-21-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Batman and Superman parents being alive in-continuity.
    I'd like Superman's bio parents and Bruce's to die when they originally died. The Kents need to live to Clark's adulthood. I prefer them living a while longer (at least until he's 35, since I prefer them not really old when they adopt him), but as long as they make it until he finishes high school, they help shape the man he becomes, I'm okay with it.

I'd like Superman's bio parents and Bruce's to die when they originally died. The Kents need to live to Clark's adulthood. I prefer them living a while longer (at least until he's 35, since I prefer them not really old when they adopt him), but as long as they make it until he finishes high school, they help shape the man he becomes, I'm okay with it.
    I think for me, it's more about HOW they die and less when. Having Pa Kent die due to old age or a heart attack... that's important. It shows Clark that with all his powers, there is still some things that are beyond him. He literally CAN'T save everyone.

Dying in a Car accident? IF Clark was paying attention... IF Clark wasn't messing around with friends and a civilian identity.... he COULD have stopped that. On some very petty basic level It IS his fault... and it's that kind of concept that SHOULD turn Superman more into a Batman-esque character who almost shuns any kind of Clark Kent life. And that's not a good fit for Superman. He needs that 'Good family life' and the idea that has both God-like abilities and humility about what he can't do.

Keeping the Kents alive, that's fine too... I always liked them around, but I can also live with them dead. As long as it's a GOOD death that adds to the foundation of the character.

I think for me, it's more about HOW they die and less when. Having Pa Kent die due to old age or a heart attack... that's important. It shows Clark that with all his powers, there is still some things that are beyond him. He literally CAN'T save everyone.
    Good point.