Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

All of Forever Evil EXCEPT for Grid.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think for me, it's more about HOW they die and less when. Having Pa Kent die due to old age or a heart attack... that's important. It shows Clark that with all his powers, there is still some things that are beyond him. He literally CAN'T save everyone.

Dying in a Car accident? IF Clark was paying attention... IF Clark wasn't messing around with friends and a civilian identity.... he COULD have stopped that. On some very petty basic level It IS his fault... and it's that kind of concept that SHOULD turn Superman more into a Batman-esque character who almost shuns any kind of Clark Kent life. And that's not a good fit for Superman. He needs that 'Good family life' and the idea that has both God-like abilities and humility about what he can't do.

Keeping the Kents alive, that's fine too... I always liked them around, but I can also live with them dead. As long as it's a GOOD death that adds to the foundation of the character.
    This was my biggest complaint about the Man of Steel movie. He COULD have saved Pa Kent, but didn't. A natural death via heart attack is the type of thing that humbles Clark and makes him realize he can't save everyone, so I'm ok with that.

As for the original thread topic, I predict this thread will be retconned. Eventually, I will have never posted here.

the merging of the wildstorm and dc universe .... oh wait it was already done

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I want to see Barry Allen's parents as a regular couple again. No murder and wrongful imprisonment.
    No 'Barry created the Speed Force' crap. It was a shitty idea in the first place.
    And the sooner Heroes in Crisis is retconned away the better. A horrific shitshow that managed to tarnish more than one character while failing to be interesting in any way, shape or form.
    Wally, Roy - everyone alive and well and nobody acted like a homicidal whackjob killing his friends and framing others for it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You just know Hawkman will be retconed again sooner or latter. The never ending battle between the reincarnation/space cop origins will never end.

The new Aquababy.

Boisterously Confused

Rogol Zaar destroying Krypton. The idea of an almost divinely advanced culture unable to prevent (or perhaps even causing) the demise of their world is a much more powerful story than a somewhat more loquacious version of Doomsday with bad teeth blowing it up. Simply ignoring his claims won't be enough to restore that story.

I second those that say Jor-el belongs in the afterlife, and will be returning there. I don't know if that will require a retcon, or if we'll get it reversed through a dramatic reveal of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Joe Chill himself was added later to the origin, and he his exact history was also changed a few times. The first retcon was iirc that he got the order to kill the Waynes from Lew Moxton.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And then there was the big change after Zero Hour (1994) where Batman never caught Joe Chill, leaving the question of who the person that shot his parents was an unsolved mystery. (They un-did that during Infinite Crisis.)
    Ever since I saw L.A. Confidential, I've wanted Joe Chill treated as Bruce Wayne's own Rollo Tomasi. Robbed of closure for his singular formative event makes Batman's obsession seem a bit less deranged.

I second those that say Jor-el belongs in the afterlife, and will be returning there. I don't know if that will require a retcon, or if we'll get it reversed through a dramatic reveal of some sort.
    Agree. I should have thought of this one, and guess I just didn't because it's still on-going.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    The new Aquababy.
    I hope not.I'm tired of the children of heroes getting rectonned or killed for shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I hope not.I'm tired of the children of heroes getting rectonned or killed for shock value.
    Me to. I have almost no hope for this turning out well. It's depressing when a false pregnancy (like Lyja in Fantastic Four) is one the better outcomes I can imagine when I hear a DC hero/heroine is expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You just know Hawkman will be retconed again sooner or latter. The never ending battle between the reincarnation/space cop origins will never end.
    Yeah. This. I'm perfectly comfortable with the new wrinkle Venditti has recently added to Hawkman's origin, but I'm not going to let myself get too attached to it, either.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    As opposed to lousy creative teams and editors who are completely out of ideas or new things to say about a character so they default to Make BABY! For pure shucks value.
    And then saddle later creators with this completely unoriginal dead weight cause they couldn't come up with something else.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-24-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    As opposed to lousy creative teams and editors who are completely out of ideas or new things to say about a character so they default to Make BABY! For pure shucks value.
    And then saddle later creators with this completely unoriginal dead weight cause they couldn't come up with something else.
    Even if a baby or child is 'unoriginal dead weight' at first, a skilled creator will find a way to do something interesting with that child/baby instead of taking the easy way out and killing off/ retconning the kid out of existence.

BANNED

The death of Barry Allen’s mom ?

Maybe I would like to see a world where Tim Drake never became Robin and its was Stephanie Brown that predates him ?

Donna Troy, but that’s an easy one.

The history of the Teen Titans in FULL.

Flashpoint.