Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Cyborg being a founding member of the Justice League, or being a member of the Justice League. They'll stick him back with the Titans to be a babysitter and take orders from Damian. Sad.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Cyborg being a founding member of the Justice League, or being a member of the Justice League. They'll stick him back with the Titans to be a babysitter and take orders from Damian. Sad.
    With Martian Manhunter back on the League I feel it's inevitable either the Big Seven will become a Big Eight to accommodate both J'onn and Cyborg as founders or Cyborg will just not be a founder anymore.

Not that I assume Cyborg being involved with the Titans again means he would be stuck with Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With Martian Manhunter back on the League I feel it's inevitable either the Big Seven will become a Big Eight to accommodate both J'onn and Cyborg as founders or Cyborg will just not be a founder anymore.

Not that I assume Cyborg being involved with the Titans again means he would be stuck with Damian.
    Yeah Cyborg feels like he will stay a Justice Leaguer for a long while now. Whether he stays a founder will probably be the only major change.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

They presented Cyborg has Justice League member in almost every incarnation of the League in Other Media (live action, animated movies, lego movies, games) I don't think they will change that soon.

Astonishing Member

I want the Kents to be alive again, or at least Martha at any rate (Jonathan having died during the 'Brainiac' arc). And there can be an in-story rationale for that particular rewrite through Doomsday Clock, if its revealed that Manhattan was the one who got Vyndkytv to kill them.

Beyond that, I dunno. Maybe some kind of shift that allows for Year One to be in canon alongside Zero Year - which I suppose they've already kinda done without really explaining it.

Flash Year One is coming out next year, so I have no doubt there will be some stuff that changes there.

And of course, I'd like them to restore the JSA.

Poison Ivy’s death.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Vyndktvx killing the Kents is perhaps a bit much, though the Saturn Girl comforting them as they died and connecting them telepathically was beautiful. I'd rather the Kents remain dead, or at least only have Martha be alive. Jonathan serves no useful narrative purpose beyond the origin stories, his death of natural causes when Clark is transitioning to adulthood and teaching him that he can't solve everything even with his great power is vital to Clark's development. His story seems much more shallow and less inspirational without that moment.
    I disagree, Superman doesn't need the death of a close one to realize his limitations. Marv Wolfman wrote a terrific story about that shortly after the '86 reboot, where the living Kents actually help Clark accept them.

This might be, as with so many things, a generational thing, though. Though the Chris Reeve movies were my first exposure to Superman, I mostly grew up in the 90s, with the Kents being alive in the comics, the Lois & Clark TV show, as well as the animated series. So, yeah, I'm definitely biased on whether the Kents being alive while adult Clark is active as Superman serve a narrative purpose.

No, for once they've been pretty consistent with it. They've been firm in their stance that she's a daughter of Zeus, but the Amazons resemble their classic selves again. And Zeus is no longer the source of her power.
    Maybe I need to re-read Rucka's run again, but I had the feeling he retconned Diana's origin back to being made out of clay, and I destinctly remember Bryan Hitch putting referrences to it in his Justice League run.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    I disagree, Superman doesn't need the death of a close one to realize his limitations. Marv Wolfman wrote a terrific story about that shortly after the '86 reboot, where the living Kents actually help Clark accept them.

This might be, as with so many things, a generational thing, though. Though the Chris Reeve movies were my first exposure to Superman, I mostly grew up in the 90s, with the Kents being alive in the comics, the Lois & Clark TV show, as well as the animated series. So, yeah, I'm definitely biased on whether the Kents being alive while adult Clark is active as Superman serve a narrative purpose.
    I don't think it's entirely a generational thing. I'm a millennial, and although I didn't read the comics at the time I watched S:TAS and my parents watched Lois & Clark, so I too have some exposure to the Kents being alive. But they didn't leave much of an impression on me, and looking at the post-Crisis history, I don't see much need for Jonathan in particular to be around. Superman talking about hope and optimism doesn't work as much with the idealic life Byrne gave him. All-Star Superman #6 is perfect for showcasing this, but much like in that issue, I think you can get away with keeping Martha alive.

I'm not all that into post-Crisis Superman to begin with. I started finding the character and his world much more appealing to me when I started learning about the older stuff, so I have my own biases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Maybe I need to re-read Rucka's run again, but I had the feeling he retconned Diana's origin back to being made out of clay, and I destinctly remember Bryan Hitch putting referrences to it in his Justice League run.
    Rucka had her musing about the clay birth as a possible origin in her contradictory memories, but the story never solidly confirmed it. The main goal was getting rid of the New 52 Amazons. With the arrival of Jason and Grail immediately afterwards, it seems it was always meant to be the demigod origin. Jason was even alluded to in the first issue of Rucka's run. Rucka was just allowed to not focus on it and leave it to the later creative teams because Diana and the Amazons were his main focus.

I'm not sure about Hitch, maybe the editors were asleep or nobody told him Rucka was just getting rid of the Amazons.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't foresee a full-out retcon of the run but I think some of his more unpopular character work (particularly with Holly Robinson and Booster Gold) won't stick.
    That probably will happen eventually, but I don't think Holly is that major of a character for the Bat-mythos for them to be overly concerned with it.

Booster is another thing, but that whole weird mess seems to tie more into HiC than the Batman run as a whole.

I'd say Grail and WW's twin brother, but since Johns created them then I guess he might have some interest in keeping them "alive"?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Regarding the Kents: I never really considered them dead as a kid during the Bronze Age, since I could read new stories (or even watch cartoons Saturday mornings during the late '60s) featuring them and Superboy. Taking away Clark's superhero exploits as a non-adult is what changed things, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

They didn't bother trying to keep Black Canary as a founder when Wonder Woman was retconned back in, but who knows?

I think they will retcon the idea that Joker created Harley Quinn - they'll make it so that she's the one that drive him crazy in the first place and that they never had a "relationship" - that he was a stalker and it was all in his head, even to the point he dressed up others to look like her in some instances.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    If Cyborg goes back to the Titans it will be with Dick's generation and not Damian.

Honestly, I'm surprised that DC hasn't bought back his origins with the Titans yet or had Cyborg form his own Titans team out of frustration with Batman.

Now that I think on it, we might eventually see Cyborg set up his own Titans a few years from now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If Cyborg goes back to the Titans it will be with Dick's generation and not Damian.

Honestly, I'm surprised that DC hasn't bought back his origins with the Titans yet or had Cyborg form his own Titans team out of frustration with Batman.

Now that I think on it, we might eventually see Cyborg set up his own Titans a few years from now.
    They could just reference Cyborg's past as a former Titan and still keep him in the Justice League.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    They could just reference Cyborg's past as a former Titan and still keep him in the Justice League.
    But would that mean he was with the Teen Titans prior to joining the Justice League?

Have they eliminated the Apokolips connection to Cyborg's origin / the Apokoliptian technology that makes him Cyborg?