Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Can't pretend I'm not disappointed that Gambit is again sidelined from a major X-Men event.

However, the cast is solid!
    Agreed, but I believe it's mostly because of his ongoing. So, I can't be too sad.

I'm laughing at the thought of Kitty falling through the air wonder what the f**k is going on.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Interview with JDW for Disassembled.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ordan-d-white/

Of course he won't say much, but he mentions Uncanny may have some Soap Opera moments in it, and how 2019 will see big changes for the X-Men.

BANNED

I love that Polaris and Northstar are in the roster.

I would have preferred Havok, Colossus and Pyrostar in the roster too. LOL.

Bring back the original Wolverine and not the fake one.

Improved dialogue for Laura, but the whole orange slice thing still renders her unrecognizable as a character. I continue to be disappointed with her characterization.

Excited for Polaris and Northstar.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I love that Polaris and Northstar are in the roster.

I would have preferred Havok, Colossus and Pyrostar in the roster too. LOL.

Bring back the original Wolverine and not the fake one.
    Havok's probably just not in the first issue. Astonishing folds into this, remember.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Interview with JDW for Disassembled.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ordan-d-white/

Of course he won't say much, but he mentions Uncanny may have some Soap Opera moments in it, and how 2019 will see big changes for the X-Men.
    That makes me so happy. My favorite period of X-Men was the 1990s where everything was big hair and soap opera drama nonsense. (Which I should be ashamed about, but it was genuinely fun!)

Seems a little boring to me personally. I’ll pick it up or course and give it a chance.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Most of the people on that plane can survive a crash anyway.

Armor has an... armor
    Pixie can fly and teleport
    Rockslide is indestructable
    Anole can heal himself (?)
    Kitty can phase and float
    Glob is probably immune to blunt damage as well

Oya would be the only one in trouble.
    If their powers are working ok. Maybe they can survive the crash, but their own powers could malfunction. Kitty already is showing lost control over her power. What if Armor seals her off of everything, including the air she needs for breath?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I'm cautiously optimistic from this preview, but then again I was about Red at the start, but what progressed was a bit of a letdown.

About the Soap opera mention. Yes! Going from one battle to the next does not produce character development. Some of my favorite moments in the 80s and 90s books where the down times and the romances. The emotional stuff makes readers connect with the characters better. Constant action never makes for very memorable characters, a lesson a few current movie directors need to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic from this preview, but then again I was about Red at the start, but what progressed was a bit of a letdown.

About the Soap opera mention. Yes! Going from one battle to the next does not produce character development. Some of my favorite moments in the 80s and 90s books where the down times and the romances. The emotional stuff makes readers connect with the characters better. Constant action never makes for very memorable characters, a lesson a few current movie directors need to learn.
    I agree.

But be prepared for lots of “nothing happened this issue” or “this issue was filler”. Both common things that some people say when there isn’t a lot of action.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I know it's Rockslide who is making fun of Forearms...but he's literally in a plane with someone whose 'power' is being made of wax..............................
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I know it's Rockslide who is making fun of Forearms...but he's literally in a plane with someone whose 'power' is being made of wax..............................
    I thought the same thing. I also thought that it was a little insensitive coming from a guy who probably doesn't have man parts.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

This is the first part of "Disassembled" right? So can I safely assume some of these kids are goners? Is this the Blackbird equivalent of "getting on the school bus?"
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Even if it sounds wonky, I do appreciate Laura's dark sense of humor coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    This is the first part of "Disassembled" right? So can I safely assume some of these kids are goners? Is this the Blackbird equivalent of "getting on the school bus?"
    The only one we don't know about is Idie. Glob, Pixie, Armor, and Rockslide are safe. Anole at least makes it to #2 since he's in a backup.