Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That’s the joke
    Sorry, I took it literally.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is this the issue where Northstar and Iceman hook up? If not...you know it's going to happen. Poor Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Is this the issue where Northstar and Iceman hook up? If not...you know it's going to happen. Poor Kyle.
    Don't joke like that. Kyle is a peach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Kyle could be one of the casualties.

What's the story behind so many multiple men being killed?

The cast is good. I'm glad they're putting Lorna in there. As long as she's not a prop to keep Magnus Family fans from griping. I don't like the tease of "big changes" for the X-Men. I always expect the worst. I am not happy with the current positions of Magneto and Emma Frost, as well as Scott Summers being totally sidelined. Cyclops has been part of every X-Men iteration since the 1960s. There are a lot of positives with this line up. I'm glad Kitty is still in the book (although it seems they've dumped her already ...) and the cast is a good mix of every decade of X-Men history. Bishop is one of my favorite characters; it's so good to see him back

But I can't spend any money on this book until I know what's happening to Magneto. Turning him into a "villain" again ... regressing the X-Men narrative to a simplistic, stupid *all X-Men are good and everyone who isn't an X-Man is an evil bastard* pennydreadful melodrama, like happened in the '90s, seems insulting to readers in 2019.

The Hell Fire Club needs to move on without Emma Frost. She has a thousand new stories that can be told about her. Stop the regression.

Magneto represents so much political potential for the Marvel Universe, given the real world we're living in; Asteroid M, "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" is such a waste of a great character.

I'm so glad Romy isn't in this book but having said that, I'm sure Thompson and her co-writers will make sure that abomination pollutes this new UNCANNY X-MEN too.

Yes, I'm not a happy camper. I liked the Scott Summers/Emma Frost era and I'm annoyed as hell at what's happening to the Magnus Family.

On the other hand, I love the X-MEN on a macro level, so I hope this book does well. And anyway, this isn't necessarily the cast or the X-Men narrative that we'll end up with after this "Disassembled" event. We'll have to wait and see how things end up.

Astonishing Member

...neither magneto or Emma have been turned into simplistic villians (Emma for a little while, but is now 'back') and both of them were treated light years better than bishop...so relax...though there is small chance that someone might mention the abomination...lol

Very happy that the old uncanny x-men logo is back. And hope they never ever change it again.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...neither magneto or Emma have been turned into simplistic villians (Emma for a little while, but is now 'back') and both of them were treated light years better than bishop...so relax...though there is small chance that someone might mention the abomination...lol
    True, there is no character who was trashed more than Bishop.

But Emma needs to move on from the damn Hell Fire Club.

Magneto needs to move on from Asteroid M and "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" and battling the X-Men kids. He's evolved, he knows better. There are a thousand stories to tell about both of them that don't involve regurgitating old stories from the 1990s.

And Scott Summers needs to return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post

And Scott Summers needs to return.
    Both Scott Summers and the real Wolverine (not that X-23 or whatever)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    The cast is good. I'm glad they're putting Lorna in there. As long as she's not a prop to keep Magnus Family fans from griping. I don't like the tease of "big changes" for the X-Men. I always expect the worst. I am not happy with the current positions of Magneto and Emma Frost, as well as Scott Summers being totally sidelined. Cyclops has been part of every X-Men iteration since the 1960s. There are a lot of positives with this line up. I'm glad Kitty is still in the book (although it seems they've dumped her already ...) and the cast is a good mix of every decade of X-Men history. Bishop is one of my favorite characters; it's so good to see him back

But I can't spend any money on this book until I know what's happening to Magneto. Turning him into a "villain" again ... regressing the X-Men narrative to a simplistic, stupid *all X-Men are good and everyone who isn't an X-Man is an evil bastard* pennydreadful melodrama, like happened in the '90s, seems insulting to readers in 2019.

The Hell Fire Club needs to move on without Emma Frost. She has a thousand new stories that can be told about her. Stop the regression.

Magneto represents so much political potential for the Marvel Universe, given the real world we're living in; Asteroid M, "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" is such a waste of a great character.

I'm so glad Romy isn't in this book but having said that, I'm sure Thompson and her co-writers will make sure that abomination pollutes this new UNCANNY X-MEN too.

Yes, I'm not a happy camper. I liked the Scott Summers/Emma Frost era and I'm annoyed as hell at what's happening to the Magnus Family.

On the other hand, I love the X-MEN on a macro level, so I hope this book does well. And anyway, this isn't necessarily the cast or the X-Men narrative that we'll end up with after this "Disassembled" event. We'll have to wait and see how things end up.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I AM SO PUMPED

and also too lazy to turn the text to white so I can post in all caps
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Nice to see your enthusiasm. But personally it makes not a wit of difference to me if the characters are included but are a) writen out of character or are just wallpaper. Laura’s panel just made me cringe. Is this what she’s reduced to now? Trash? To be frank it reminded me of when Joe Kelly took over the book. A lot of forced juvenile humour. A real let down after what had preceded it. I’ll give the book one arc, but if it doesn’t get better I’ll drop it. I don’t have money to waste. They should have asked Bunn or Soule to take over. Nice to see Anole though.

Looks good. Hopefully will lead to some good stories.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Well so far then we'd have to wonder if the characters that are on all of the covers are the main cast and the others that we seen on that roster page are just there to round out the cast type of thing and will mostly be in the background or be recovering or hanging around or if they'll actually be doing something, Lorna showing up could mean life or death for the school in Madripoor...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well so far then we'd have to wonder if the characters that are on all of the covers are the main cast and the others that we seen on that roster page are just there to round out the cast type of thing and will mostly be in the background or be recovering or hanging around or if they'll actually be doing something, Lorna showing up could mean life or death for the school in Madripoor...
    The covers are all fictional, it has been proven many times in the past.

It's only the inside pages that is real.