Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Rogue One’s Captain Andor Series coming to Disney Streaming Service!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...bob-iger-says/

I figured Star Wars series’s like the ones Marvel would have were inevitable, and I loved the Rogue One cast so I am excited that they can do a new adventure with Andor and hopefully K2-SO as well! Jyn Erso and Chirrit/Baze could also probably manage one too...

Gee, haven't been that curious about a Star Wars project since, well, can't even remember when.

Fingers crossed it's any good. (love R1 so much)

Edit : fingered cross lol, gotta be one of the craziest thing i have ever wrote.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 11-11-2018 at 01:03 AM.

People were clamoring for this?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

No^,yet i'm surprised and glad they are making it.

Cassian Andor: Some of us, most of us, we've done terrible things on behalf of the Rebellion. We're spies. Saboteurs. Assassins.
    Everything I did. I did for the Rebellion. And every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, without a cause, we're lost. Everything we've done would have been for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I gave up now. None of us could.
    Cassian Andor was a unique look at a darker side of a Rebel fighter/spy, who'd been doing it so long, following orders, killing, he'd lost his humanity (and tragically knew it), to the point where there was no turning back after all he'd done, all that was left for him (and his team), was to die completing his mission.
    Interesting to see how he got there.
    Also K2-SO: Ironically the cold gunmetal Imperial Assassin droid, Cassian who had lost his own humanity, reprogrammed him to be more human than himself. Like he was afraid of losing that, so made the assassin droid, human, while he became the cold killer.
    love that dynamic.
    What's great about also re-introducing K2-SO and how they became a duo, is there is a hint K2's programming actually survived them all, so he would have memories of all this.

Love it!
    Also Cassian was the one who first said "Rebellions are built on Hope".
    R1 was a great ensemble team, and character arcs, they weren't the ones who get the medals, the kiss from the princess, the recognition, glory, or any reward. Buried within a bigger war/heist epic, with a simple mission (we don't mater, and never will, all that maters is get the plans (and hope) into the right hands).

All culled from one line in the classic crawl about Rebel Spies.
    Plus of all of the Rogues, he really was "the Rebel Spy" of the opening crawl.

They should actually just call this series Star Wars: "Rebel Spy"

Last edited by Güicho; 11-09-2018 at 08:30 PM.

I can see the series also delving into the Clone Wars as well. As he said in the movie, Casian's been "fighting this war since I was six years old" and the extra-movie stuff reveals that's because he was part of the Seperatists (Which were sort of a "proto-rebellion" although one that was founded under false motives and with villains such as the Trade Federation involved).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    People were clamoring for this?
    No, but I'll take it if there's a DVD release.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder if Disney regrets killing all those characters. R1 was a major success for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I wonder if Disney regrets killing all those characters. R1 was a major success for them.
    Imwe and Malbus were quite an interesting duo. There is room there maybe for some more stories to be told. (in the past of course, books, comics, tv, i don't know)

Beside them, well, we will have more Andor (and most likely K2 with him, why Disney would pass on him?) and do we really need to know more about Jyn's story? It's fine the way it is i think.

God, I am so tired of Star Wars' obsession with prequels. Why does every single thing besides main episode movies needs to be a prequel? LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE THING!

You are making a prequel of a prequel! Goddammit.

Stop with prequels (unless we're talking hundreds to thousands of years old Old Republic stuff), stop with OT-era stuff. Its over. Its been told and explored in great detail. Move on. I thought Disney would apply this with more gusto since acquiring the rights and starting the sequel trilogy. But they've fallen into the bad habits of Lucasfilm beforehand.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

More K2-SO isn't a bad idea, although the problem with any prequel is the limits put onto the story by established canon.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    God, I am so tired of Star Wars' obsession with prequels.
    Yeah, I don't know what it is with Star Wars and prequels. They always introduce characters, quickly (and usually, unceremoniously) kill them off, and then want to pump out shows, comics and novels about them. I'll never understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Stop with prequels (unless we're talking hundreds to thousands of years old Old Republic stuff), stop with OT-era stuff. Its over. Its been told and explored in great detail. Move on. I thought Disney would apply this with more gusto since acquiring the rights and starting the sequel trilogy. But they've fallen into the bad habits of Lucasfilm beforehand.
    Old Republic is, by far, my favorite era. I'd love more stuff about that. A gold mine collecting dust because no one wants to move on from the OT...
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 11-11-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Prequels have, in some way, been around in some form in extended Star Wars fiction-Including the two subjects used for the spin-offs. Brian Daley wrote younger Han Solo novels in the late 70's and early 80s (a second series, which filled in gaps and focused more on Han's even younger days, was published in the 90's by AC Crispin). The ANH radio drama also had a lot of extra story involving the theft of the death star plans (Which later kind of became much more complicated when other writers offered up their own takes.....if anything, "Rogue One" helped clean up a bit of a mess).

There's been some hints at Disney's version of the Old Republic, but that's mainly been in the 'toons and comics. The current Vader comics arc involves Vader getting the ideas for his Mustafar castle from the spirit of an ancient Sith lord. Aspects of the Mandalorian and Jedi/Sith conflicts are also still in canon, although it's unclear if stuff like Revan etc.... are. Bane of course still is but his Clone Wars design seems to evoke an ancient Vader more than the bald guy with organic armor from the previous EU.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Maybe. There was apparently a draft where Jyn and Cassian survived. The filmmakers had it on hand in case Disney asked them have survivors, but the Powers That Be okayed an everyone dies ending without a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    God, I am so tired of Star Wars' obsession with prequels. Why does every single thing besides main episode movies needs to be a prequel? LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE THING!

You are making a prequel of a prequel! Goddammit.
    Because it's opens the doors for new stories and won't tread on the toes of future filmmakers?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Even after all the EU i read i think there could be unique takes but i don't trust Disney.