Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I just think the most interesting things to tell about that age have already been to be told. Yeah you can make something up and try and make it meaningful, but at this point it would be pretty contrived. Unless its intentionally small in scale but I wouldn't really get going small when you have the sandbox to play with that Star Wars provides.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I just think the most interesting things to tell about that age have already been to be told. Yeah you can make something up and try and make it meaningful, but at this point it would be pretty contrived. Unless its intentionally small in scale but I wouldn't really get going small when you have the sandbox to play with that Star Wars provides.
    What do you mean small? You can kill 100000 people and no one in the galaxy gives a damn.

The fate of a sector means multiple planets. Knight Errant felt pretty damn epic.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    People were clamoring for this?
    Always found these arguments bizarre. It is their job to get people excited about things nobody wanted.

Ultimate Member

It could be interesting if they go into a lot of the morally shady stuff that he said he did on behalf of the Rebellion. He could be the most "grey" protagonist that we've had to date, basically like Space Jack Bauer if you will.

Also he was a child soldier during The Clone Wars fighting in a militia allied with the Separatists. So seeing some flashbacks to that could be cool as well.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It could be interesting if they go into a lot of the morally shady stuff that he said he did on behalf of the Rebellion. He could be the most "grey" protagonist that we've had to date, basically like Space Jack Bauer if you will.

Also he was a child soldier during The Clone Wars fighting in a militia allied with the Separatists. So seeing some flashbacks to that could be cool as well.
    That's an especially interesting perspective, we never got to see many of those who would align themselves with the CIS, unaware of the wider manipulations of the Sith and simply fighting for what you believe in, that the Republic has abandoned you. People who may well have ended up as logical additions in the earliest days of the proto-rebellion. So a decent flashback sequence complete with ally Battle Droids and Clone Troopers for the first time in live action since 2005 sounds awesome to me.

Ultimate Member

Yeah that's the thing, not everyone on the Separatist side was evil (there was an entire episode of TCW dedicated to this in fact). Some had legitimate gripes with how the NR was doing things and believed that they were making a better/less corrupt galaxy. They were ALL being played by Sheev in the end.

Also quite a few Imperials emerged from the Republic military after The Clone Wars as well, which is very telling.

Yeah that's the thing, not everyone on the Separatist side was evil (there was an entire episode of TCW dedicated to this in fact). Some had legitimate gripes with how the NR was doing things and believed that they were making a better/less corrupt galaxy. They were ALL being played by Sheev in the end.

Also quite a few Imperials emerged from the Republic military after The Clone Wars as well, which is very telling.
    I think sociology is to complicated for Sta Wars.

Sheev and Plagieus were grandmasters of their craft, added to the fact they had corrupted business tycoons calling the shots alongside a secret Sith count and a general made into a crazed bogeyman. The CIS at heart has legitimate needs and issues and the Republic has become tired and unaware of the dark rot within. So I am all for showing a new side of the Clone Wars that way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Always found these arguments bizarre. It is their job to get people excited about things nobody wanted.
    No argument here.

Just a legit question.

The bounty hunter show I get because Mandos and Boba are super popular.

I don't often interact with fellow Star Wars nerds much anymore, so I was curious if he was like Wedge, Boba, and many other side characters that get super popular.

Sometimes a question is a question.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    No argument here.

Just a legit question.

The bounty hunter show I get because Mandos and Boba are super popular.

I don't often interact with fellow Star Wars nerds much anymore, so I was curious if he was like Wedge, Boba, and many other side characters that get super popular.

Sometimes a question is a question.
    I think the most likely reason is that Rogue One was probably the best received of the Disney Star Wars movies to date, so Disney probably feels a spin-off could work, and Diego is available and presumably not as expensive as Tom Hiddleton or Eliz Olsen would be. Added to the fact it also provides Disney + the chance to play in a slightly different era and character type to The Mandalorian.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    What do you mean small? You can kill 100000 people and no one in the galaxy gives a damn.

The fate of a sector means multiple planets. Knight Errant felt pretty damn epic.
    Small in the context of not having major consequences in the big overarching plot of that era which was the Empire vs. the Alliance. That's been milked pretty dry so anything told within that era has to be smaller in scope and more personal. Which could work just fine, but at the same time that same stuff could work in a sequel time period or entirely different time period which is far less explored. OT and prequel eras are just played in that regard, imo. I just don't care anymore about this particular time period. To each their own though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'll definitely check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Small in the context of not having major consequences in the big overarching plot of that era which was the Empire vs. the Alliance. That's been milked pretty dry so anything told within that era has to be smaller in scope and more personal. Which could work just fine, but at the same time that same stuff could work in a sequel time period or entirely different time period which is far less explored. OT and prequel eras are just played in that regard, imo. I just don't care anymore about this particular time period. To each their own though.
    Some parts of space are just as unexplored as the far future.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'm not excited about this but I'm willing to give it a chance.

So excited about this! Rogue One is one of my top 3 favorite Star Wars films. More Cassian and K2 is always welcome.