All-New Member

Default Batman Damned: HQ Pics

Dear Community, I am new here and i have an important question. I have buy Batman Damned the printed edition and the proof edition on eBay. Unfortunately the pics of Batmans dick are very dark. So my question is that in every printed copy the same dark shadow on it? I saw a photo on CBR what was much brighter. I will include this in this post. When someone can help out with good HQ scans of a good-looking print in brighter solution I would be happy if you can help me out. I want the pics for a very special project for my collection. Thanks a lot in advance for help.
    Batman-Penis-Nude-Comic-Damned.jpg

Well...umm...good luck? I guess?

All-New Member

Anybody outside can help to find a HQ scan of the artwork above?

Amazing Member

Yes, the BatDong was shaded as such in the printed copies.

Question: Is Bruce's penis the reason why the first issue is insanely expensive on Amazon right now when I just checked? This thread reminded me this book existed, and I wanted to give the Black Label thing a shot, and since lacking a LCS and just really not caring for e-books buying physical copies off Amazon is what I do. But damn the price seems steep at first glance. Why? Cause of a penis?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Question: Is Bruce's penis the reason why the first issue is insanely expensive on Amazon right now when I just checked? This thread reminded me this book existed, and I wanted to give the Black Label thing a shot, and since lacking a LCS and just really not caring for e-books buying physical copies off Amazon is what I do. But damn the price seems steep at first glance. Why? Cause of a penis?
    Yes. Because of a penis.

And because it'll most likely never be reprinted in any form. Because of the penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Attack View Post
    Anybody outside can help to find a HQ scan of the artwork above?
    You could probably find plenty of other pictures of penises on the Internet, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yes. Because of a penis.

And because it'll most likely never be reprinted in any form. Because of the penis.
    Eh, wikipedia says DC said it'll censor future printings of the issue, and I don't really need to see batdick (that they feel that a penis is too adult for their freaking adult line of comics though is kind of idiotic).

Eh, wikipedia says DC said it'll censor future printings of the issue, and I don't really need to see batdick (that they feel that a penis is too adult for their freaking adult line of comics though is kind of idiotic).
    My understanding is that Azzarello and Bermejo have a clause in their contract that says any future printings must be unaltered.

This is just what I heard on a podcast somewhere, so it could be less than accurate.

that they feel that a penis is too adult for their freaking adult line of comics though is kind of idiotic.
    I mean, I'm not sure what they were expecting to happen?

It also shows that DC Comics still have no fuckin' idea what actually constitutes 'mature' comicbook content. "Okay, we're going to launch our line for mature readers...let's make the first one a Batman comic, because of course it has to be fuckin' Batman. but how can we show readers that this is a 'mature' Batman comic, not just a regular ol' Batman comic? Hmm...I've got it!"
    Last edited by Spike-X; 11-17-2018 at 04:45 PM.

My understanding is that Azzarello and Bermejo have a clause in their contract that says any future printings must be unaltered.

This is just what I heard on a podcast somewhere, so it could be less than accurate.
    I don't care, I'd just like to at some point read this story with or without the penis. Without having to shell out $70+ to some greedy SOB on Amazon. Preferably a nice trade paperback/GN format sometime next year. I love Bermejo's art, and the story sounds like an interesting grim and gritty sort of elseworlds.

All-New Member

Thanks for answer. I dont intereste in penis pics from other. It is for a project of mine what i want to create. It was something new and special in the Bat world. I dont understand the hype and the way DC handle all. I wondering where comes the much brither pics what i can find in some pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Attack View Post
    Thanks for answer. I dont intereste in penis pics from other. It is for a project of mine what i want to create. It was something new and special in the Bat world. I dont understand the hype and the way DC handle all. I wondering where comes the much brither pics what i can find in some pages.
    Somebody probably just fiddled about in Photoshop or a similar image-editing program.

BANNED

Yes. Because of a penis.

To be fair anytime a book changes something from the first print it makes that initial run more expensive regardless if it's a mistake or intended. I was lucky enough to get it online from a comic store that was selling it for regular price.

from a marketing point of view I'm sure they could sell a LOT more issues of issue #2 if they hadn't edited that as well. It makes me (and I'm sure others) wonder what else we were going to get from this series.