Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    the only thing I didn't like here was the ease with which a supposed enbodiment was dealt with

Destruction could not handle wolverine, spiderman, jen and the rest after so easily beating franklin?

Low balling if that's what she was, the power to destroy a universe really should have no trouble with bacteria to use the books analogy

There's more to her than that I therefore think, coz that kind of power should not need the AAA to get home in a rented vehicle

she was a let down imo but the rest was solid
    she was Slott's attempt to make a cosmic tier character just like bendis attempted with Ulysses.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Still feels too much like Reed's show. Pretty much everything, including the synopsis at the start, revolves around him.
    I can deal with that for this issue as it's welcoming him back, but I'd be pissed if it's like that for most this run. There's been more than enough focus on Reed over the years. So far I believe the focus will hopefully be more on Ben, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

the only thing I didn't like here was the ease with which a supposed enbodiment was dealt with

Destruction could not handle wolverine, spiderman, jen and the rest after so easily beating franklin?

Low balling if that's what she was, the power to destroy a universe really should have no trouble with bacteria to use the books analogy

There's more to her than that I therefore think, coz that kind of power should not need the AAA to get home in a rented vehicle

she was a let down imo but the rest was solid
    I think of it as more like Lila Cheney's teleportation. Lila can teleport across galactic distances, but not from one side of a room to the other.

Also, as for her being more than she seems, that's an interesting concept. In any case there should probably be a list of stuff she can and can't do and what her role really is and how she plays out. Where did she come from? Did Franklin and Owen unwittingly create her and other multi-dimensional entities?

We'll see if she ever comes back I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I can deal with that for this issue as it's welcoming him back, but I'd be pissed if it's like that for most this run. There's been more than enough focus on Reed over the years. So far I believe the focus will hopefully be more on Ben, but we'll have to wait and see.
    I don't think that's any excuse. The issue is welcoming back Sue too, but she was irrelevant compared to him.
    The moment I read the synopsis I saw this is just another Mr. Fastastic book. I'm disappointed, because the F4 should all be treated as equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think that's any excuse. The issue is welcoming back Sue too, but she was irrelevant compared to him.
    The moment I read the synopsis I saw this is just another Mr. Fastastic book. I'm disappointed, because the F4 should all be treated as equals.
    That's a common desire among most of us FF fans here. But, the situation the team found itself in was heavily Reed designed and getting out of it made a heavy Reed influence necessary. I'm holding off until issue 651 after the wedding when we see the FF actually back home and dealing with their lives, not getting home or having a wedding in special cases.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    she was Slott's attempt to make a cosmic tier character just like bendis attempted with Ulysses.
    Yeah, I didn't think that worked well either

but it's a small gripe for a fairly solid and not too long opening arc

I'm glad it wasn't stretched out longer, was refreshingly quick

BANNED

Yeah, I didn't think that worked well either

but it's a small gripe for a fairly solid and not too long opening arc

I'm glad it wasn't stretched out longer, was refreshingly quick
    I would have preferred for some other way of defeating her like maybe Franklin pooling all the heroes and all his creations power together to overwhelm her or something or perhaps give her a telepathic dose of her victims anguish (I know rehashed ideas yet... better somehow than what we got) but I agree that it was refreshing the arc wasn't stretched out and she got treated as such appropriately ie she isn't important apart from a plot device for the return of FF.

Mighty Member

I would have preferred for some other way of defeating her like maybe Franklin pooling all the heroes and all his creations power together to overwhelm her or something or perhaps give her a telepathic dose of her victims anguish (I know rehashed ideas yet... better somehow than what we got) but I agree that it was refreshing the arc wasn't stretched out and she got treated as such appropriately ie she isn't important apart from a plot device for the return of FF.
    Considering how apathetic she is and that she's an abstract entity, I doubt that would work. Personally, I would have trapped her in the Cancerverse. A being with power over destruction and death stands no chance against the Many-Angled Ones and their ability to twist the nature of life and existence to be ever-growing. Even if Griever wins, she's still trapped in the Cancerverse.

Astonishing Member

yeah, I think ill soon forget about her

Is reed OCD or something? Why devote so much time and energy to the entropy of the universe, which is presumably billions of years away?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Is reed OCD or something? Why devote so much time and energy to the entropy of the universe, which is presumably billions of years away?
    I wasn’t sure Reed was delving into entropy in this arc? Reed was into entropy in the Matt Fraction arc before Secret Wars. In this arc, I thought Reed was just catalogueing the recreated 616, and the new alternative universes by Franklin and Molecule Man.