Inspired by the thread about the 1986 reboot of course.

I'll go first:

First of, I would make sure that Superman had been around unequivocally longer than the New 52 five-year timeline. I'd have him debut about seven or eight years ago.

I would mostly have pretty much stuck to what Morrison did with his run in terms of establishing the new backstory. I would have perhaps leaned more heavily into the idea that Vyndyktv had tampered with Superman's history, orchestrating the deaths of the Kents. I'd actually have it strongly implied, if not revealed, that Vyndyktv had subtly changed things such that Lois and Clark didn't get involved.

I'd try keep the 'broad strokes' of Silver Age, Bronze Age and Post-COIE stories intact - including Doomsday, and the Death and Return. In the present-day, Superman would wear a suit akin to either of the two Rebirth suits, but I'd reveal that he wore the classic suit, trunks and all, for a major chunk of his career, and it would show up in flashbacks.

Superman would have 'outgrown' his early vigilante self, and I'd have him be a lot closer to Post-COIE Superman personality-wise, but he would still be a tough customer. He's one of the few heroes who has good relations with the authorities and there is some degree of mutual respect, but it'll be made clear that he answers to no one. I'd lean more heavily into the idea of Superman being the unofficial leader of the superhero community, being the first real superhero in this particular timeline. He has a friendly equation with Batman, despite some initial friction with the Dark Knight early in his career.

I would keep the angle of Lois Lane having become a TV reporter and news anchor for WGBS, with Clark now being the Daily Planet's top reporter. The way I'd play it is that Lois tends to focus more on Superman and stuff pertaining to the superhero side of things, while Clark focuses more on stories concerning the common man and 'ordinary' stuff like crime, corruption and politics. In this way, they are both equals in different domains. Clark and Lois would be close friends, and they may have dated briefly in the past but they don't really have a relationship as such. Superman and Lois sorta 'dated' years ago, but now their equation is more 'professional'. Clark is aware that in another timeline, he and Lois get together and he sometimes wonders about pursuing that relationship. I would reveal that Superman and Wonder Woman were briefly involved during their early Justice League days.

Lex Luthor in the past ran LexCorp and pretty much was the corrupt corporate mogul of the Post-COIE era. He later became a public villain, green armored suit and all. In the present-day, Luthor has been parolled and is trying to give the impression of having reformed, with Clark unsure of whether that's true or not.

And that's pretty much the basics of my approach.