Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wait, if Coulsen is alive, then are people going to be nicer to Deadpool?
    did Deadpool kill Coulson?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wait, if Coulsen is alive, then are people going to be nicer to Deadpool?
    deadpool doesn't deserve people being nice to him. at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    He did, at the command of Hydra Steve. Wade thought it was still classic Steve giving him the orders but, still, killing Coulson was crossing a serious line.

Seeing Coulson alive again should be interesting for DP, the real Steve, and Hydra Steve for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well this's kinda of looked like NewAvengers/MightyAvengers rivalry that happened after CW , where rogue avengers were fighting against government .

But this time it felt like , it has less serious tone and more fun friendly like EMH Avengers(animated series) .

It's not bad but i think they should take this to a higher level of threat with each issue , it will make much more enticing to read , like Hickman's Avengers .
    I think Rosebunse was right about this, the issue was clearly some commentary on the trend towards nationalism/tribalism in the world right now, with the Avengers taking the position that we should think bigger than just our 'tribe'. I mean sure, it was handled in a way that was fun and kinda over the top, but the underlying message was still pretty clear. You can say something and keep things fun at the same time.

But I am pretty sure the stakes will get more serious over time, I mean, in the vision of the bad future, we saw Hyperion breaking Cap's shield, so they are obviously not gonna be on the best of terms with each other, and I think the situation with Namor and the Winter Guard is likely to get worse before it gets better.

Fantastic Member

Love the Squadron Supreme is back in yet another form. I'd be happy if at least one or a couple of 'em could be brought over from the last incarnation, just with newer costumes, seeing as the end of that book saw many of them still running around on un-published adventures. I also dig how Nighthawk and Zarda's looks are even closer in appearance to their DC counterparts this time, though I'm still partial to the Supreme Power Nighthawk's look.

Yes, during Secret Empire. Took the order from Stevil.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    He did, at the command of Hydra Steve. Wade thought it was still classic Steve giving him the orders but, still, killing Coulson was crossing a serious line.

Seeing Coulson alive again should be interesting for DP, the real Steve, and Hydra Steve for that matter.
    I mean, we see in the Deadpool book that Steve does have some guilt about the whole thing with Wade. He's apparently letting Wade get away with a lot out of guilt for how he used Wade and how Wade is the only character who really was "punished" for the Hydra takeover. So yeah, I think Cap is gonna feel really betrayed that Ross and the US government are going behind his back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think Rosebunse was right about this, the issue was clearly some commentary on the trend towards nationalism/tribalism in the world right now, with the Avengers taking the position that we should think bigger than just our 'tribe'. I mean sure, it was handled in a way that was fun and kinda over the top, but the underlying message was still pretty clear. You can say something and keep things fun at the same time.

But I am pretty sure the stakes will get more serious over time, I mean, in the vision of the bad future, we saw Hyperion breaking Cap's shield, so they are obviously not gonna be on the best of terms with each other, and I think the situation with Namor and the Winter Guard is likely to get worse before it gets better.
    Thank you, Raye

We know that Aaron likes his political commentary, we've seen it before. I think he's definitely keeping things fun-for now, we know he'll hurt us soon enough-but the fact that he goes straight for the Russian Winter Guard suggests to me that this is a politically minded move. Of course, what's more interesting is how he's using the Squadron Supreme, which I think is a major dig against the current wave of nationalism that is so appealing to certain people right now. I mean, look at them: the Squadron Supreme is meant to look more like classic superheroes since they're based on the Justice League. They're meant to be a holdover from a simpler time. But we know that there's a good chance that they're evil and probably still have some vendetta against Namor and the other Black Panther and Ironman.

Also, Perun is apparently distantly related to Thor through Gaea. That's probably not going to come up, but it's fun to see how everyone is basically related.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yes, during Secret Empire. Took the order from Stevil.
    I didn't know Coulson appeared again outside of Marcus Fury stuff
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

I didn't know Coulson appeared again outside of Marcus Fury stuff
    He had his own SHIELD maxi and was in Karnak's mini as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    oh wow I've simply missed somethings
    The J-man

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    Love the Squadron Supreme is back in yet another form. I'd be happy if at least one or a couple of 'em could be brought over from the last incarnation, just with newer costumes, seeing as the end of that book saw many of them still running around on un-published adventures. I also dig how Nighthawk and Zarda's looks are even closer in appearance to their DC counterparts this time, though I'm still partial to the Supreme Power Nighthawk's look.
    Any guesses on which Nighthawk that is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    And he was a regular in Gerry Duggan's Deadpool run.

I dug it. I've long been a Soviet Super-Soldiers/Winter Guard fan and I enjoyed them being built out a bit more here. And definitely looking forward to the community of international heroes next issue. Wonder if Marvel will actually include Big Hero Six or whether that name/property pretty much belongs to the Disney side of things now. Regardless, a new Japanese team would be cool to see.

Also, confirmation that Stingray is alive, just a bit messed up. That Aaron takes the time to address that and actually keeps Stingray in the land of the living already puts him above the "cannon fodder" days of Bendis in my book.

And love the secondary team that seems to be coming together with Blade, Gorilla-Man, Wasp, etc. Those folks are some of my favorites and would love to see them get some serious page-time (especially Gorilla-Man).

Funny, three months ago I was ready to drop this and keep Justice League. Now, this is a flawed but fun book that's definitely worth my time while JL has devolved into the usual Snyder thumb-twiddling nonsense of vast, expansive storylines with very little in the way of actually interesting content.

Astonishing Member

oh wow I've simply missed somethings
    And Secret Avengers.

I got the impression that Wasp recruited Blade to be the newest Avenger, not to be an agent of wakanda. Because didn't the solicits say this issue would reveal the new member? That's Blade, no?
    Last edited by Captain M; 11-15-2018 at 02:19 PM.